No announcement yet.

2022-2023 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sad part is Longwood would be our 3rd best NET team so far based on last year's rankings (#131).

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I would guess that the budget plays a good part in these scheduling issues.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Eh. In fairness to Todd, he actually scheduled pretty tough. Didn't we play guarantee games at LSU and Texas in his tenure? There could be several complaints against him, but that wasn't one of them, I recall. I suppose he might have lightened up in his later years, though I honestly just don't remember.
          In 2017 when he was in the MVC he did have strong non-conference SOS - 37 (because he had to), but when WSU went to the AAC he changed to scheduling philosophy to weaker non-conference because he said they had a strong conference opponents (real reason seem to me was he needed to show progress in the W-department which he couldn't do).

His non-conference SOS last 2 years

2018 - 175th
          2019 - 61st

2018 team had an impressive 26-7 non-conference record and was ranked until ECU. Then they got exposed in conference play as they were not ready for the level of AAC competition. The 2018 team was actually pretty good offense with Bohm, Jenista, Ritter and good pitching by today standards with 3.91 ERA. With a tougher non-conference and 3-4 more wins in conference they might have had a shot at NCAA tournament.

Of course 2019 was the losing 14 of 16 game in the middle that just killed the team chances of having a decent season.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Maybe Eric Wedge should schedule the way Todd Butler did. . It's clear he can win with Butler players but lose with his own. Wedge is total failure. Go Shocks.
            If you want to take shots Eric Wedge the place would be the baseball forum in the offseason thread. Would think you have a lot of ammo with all the good players in the program transferring.

Comment

Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
              Maybe .. but these are all buy games too .. those cost money.

Comment

Scheduling H/H games are definitely cheaper than buy games. Especially good buy games that cost more.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
                  Season ticket holders will be forking over the dough with games like these.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Season ticket holders will be forking over the dough with games like these.
                    As long as they play hard and fundamentally sound, people will pay to watch.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

As long as they play hard and fundamentally sound, people will pay to watch.
                      Which we all know is what this coach is about.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Now that deserves a good laugh!

Comment

I’m an eternal optimist. There’s nothing we can do at this point so I’m choosing to believe IB bought a bunch of dvds from Gregg.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

I’m an eternal optimist. There’s nothing we can do at this point so I’m choosing to believe IB bought a bunch of dvds from Gregg.
                            I am not saying this year's team will be better than last year's, but the offense should be more fluid if a few of these additions can actually shoot the ball. Offense will always be ugly when the defense can pack the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I am not saying this year's team will be better than last year's, but the offense should be more fluid if a few of these additions can actually shoot the ball. Offense will always be ugly when the defense can pack the paint.
                              And if they don't move their bodies and pass the ball, which was the missing elements last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

And if they don't move their bodies and pass the ball, which was the missing elements last year.
                                I think the missing element last year was team chemistry.

Comment

Working...
                                X