Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    Dex and RCIV should have NEVER been lost.

Outside of maybe Mo, I’m fine with the others leaving and going in to success elsewhere.

Losing our best talent is a disgrace. WSU shouldn’t be some feeder school. The athletic department better find a way to fix this, or this program will die an even faster death than it currently is.
    A good coach solves much of this. Someone who can lead. Someone who holds people accountable. Someone who can teach. Someone who can push them to be better players.

Does IB have any of that? He hasn't appeared to be much of a leader. He's not had a history of holding people accountable. I'm not sure I've seen much in the way of teaching. Has anyone become a better player under or because of him? Nobody really comes to mind.

Some of that also falls on the assistants. Though maybe IB doesn't let them. I don't know. I think as a HC you need to surround yourself with people who can cover for you where you're lacking. Pretty sure no coach is perfect in every area. Maybe we simply aren't allowed enough coaches to make up for what IB is lacking in the first seat. Maybe we don't have coaches that are willing to step up. Maybe he doesn't allow them to. I have no idea, but a change on the bench is an absolute must for any of it to change.

Hell, we all mock Penny for his obvious flaws, but he's worked to bring in guys who can help him with some of that. Be it X's and O's or whatever. I think we hoped Kennedy might be some of that for IB, but I haven't seen any positives from adding him to the bench. If there are, IB was in even worse shape than believed.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

A good coach solves much of this. Someone who can lead. Someone who holds people accountable. Someone who can teach. Someone who can push them to be better players.

Does IB have any of that? He hasn't appeared to be much of a leader. He's not had a history of holding people accountable. I'm not sure I've seen much in the way of teaching. Has anyone become a better player under or because of him? Nobody really comes to mind.

Some of that also falls on the assistants. Though maybe IB doesn't let them. I don't know. I think as a HC you need to surround yourself with people who can cover for you where you're lacking. Pretty sure no coach is perfect in every area. Maybe we simply aren't allowed enough coaches to make up for what IB is lacking in the first seat. Maybe we don't have coaches that are willing to step up. Maybe he doesn't allow them to. I have no idea, but a change on the bench is an absolute must for any of it to change.

Hell, we all mock Penny for his obvious flaws, but he's worked to bring in guys who can help him with some of that. Be it X's and O's or whatever. I think we hoped Kennedy might be some of that for IB, but I haven't seen any positives from adding him to the bench. If there are, IB was in even worse shape than believed.
      We saw how Marshall's effectiveness as a coach varied based on who was on his staff, with being highest when Jans was on staff.

Comment

• Another good post Sub

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
          I wonder if some of our posters are from there.
          Ol 76'er for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
            This is a depressing thread. Updates on players we would give out left nut to have back. WSU has been a clearinghouse of reasonable talent over the past five or so years.

been that way for several seasons, You get a former Shocker, you get a Shocker, you get a Shocker...

Comment

• Marshall and Jans were a superior combination. Not everyone could go at it with fHCGM. Jans could and knew when to do it and when to let Gregg roll. There was a ton of respect flowing both ways.
              Go Shocks!

Comment

• Jans is a special cat
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Ol 76'er for sure.
                  Lmao
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Watching Noah Fernandes against Colorado currently. Leading all scorers with 18 points on 7-11 shooting, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal. So happy for him. Really liked him and he has an inspiring story.

Comment

• Noah was one I was sad to see go. Glad he's found some success.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        Watching Noah Fernandes against Colorado currently. Leading all scorers with 18 points on 7-11 shooting, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 steal. So happy for him. Really liked him and he has an inspiring story.
                        nm
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          Has anyone become a better player under or because of him? Nobody really comes to mind.
                          Porter definitely. But whether that's coaching or natural maturity, it's hard to say at this point. Still -- he's improving under HCIB's watch so it counts.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Chaunce Jenkins with 24-6-4 in a 4 point loss to Va Tech

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              Chaunce Jenkins with 24-6-4 in a 4 point loss to Va Tech
                              His whole stat line was impressive: 31 minutes, 24pt, 6 Reb, 4 Assists, 1 Block, 1 Steal, 0 TO, and only 1 PF.

Comment

• We’ll win but 3G would have us ahead by 30.

Comment

Working...
                                X