Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting about IPBC.

Comment

• According to the Eagle, Poor Bear-Chandler will be a walk-on and only played 3 games last year due to an ankle injury - https://amp.kansas.com/sports/colleg...263061143.html

The Eagle confirmed the addition of Poor Bear-Chandler as a walk-on with the program.
      He was expecting to play a much larger role by transferring to Omaha, but a significant ankle injury sidelined him after just three games. Poor Bear-Chandler started all three games and averaged 7.5 points, 4.8 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in 22.3 minutes.

WSU coach Isaac Brown and his coaching staff still have one scholarship remaining following their recruiting flurry in the spring.

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

WSU is giving a scholarship to a guy who left and transferred to lesser program and only played 4 games for team that only won 4 games?
        Well, he was injured.

Comment

• Taylor just updated he's walking on. Great fit for that.

That minor detail flips this from head scratcher to pretty great move. Big body that knows the system that likes the area.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
            Interesting about IPBC.
            This should shout "Danger Will Robinson, Danger!" and send all the season ticket holder to the doors.

Comment

• Poor Bear has some skills that may warrant some PT. If nothing else, he's been in the system and can push the new guys in practice. Glad to have him on the team.

Comment

WSU is giving a scholarship to a guy who left and transferred to lesser program and only played 4 games for team that only won 4 games?
                I'm really not seeing the upside to this over just leaving the scholarship open. Wonder how much he's getting paid. (never mind, walk-on, not scholarship...)

Comment

• Originally posted by podunkboy View Post

I'm really not seeing the upside to this over just leaving the scholarship open. Wonder how much he's getting paid.
                  He's not on scholarship. It's been updated he's walking on.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Well, he was injured.
                    So they say...how does a "ankle injury" keep you out for the whole season? Now if it was broken I could see that as possible reason. But he transfers to be closer to his family, and now he transferring back to wsu to be closer to who?

Comment

So they say...how does a "ankle injury" keep you out for the whole season? Now if it was broken I could see that as possible reason. But he transfers to be closer to his family, and now he transferring back to wsu to be closer to who?
                      Apparently his WSU family is better than his Omaha family

Comment

• some kids think the grass is greener on the other side until they get to the other side.

Comment

• Just ordered my Final 4 tickets!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                            Taylor just updated he's walking on. Great fit for that.

That minor detail flips this from head scratcher to pretty great move. Big body that knows the system that likes the area.
                            Agreed that this is a great move. The coaching staff can still add a backup PG, and they now have an extra PF who can actually push for spot minutes.

Comment

• You LITERALLY have to be shitting me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                Poor Bear has some skills that may warrant some PT. If nothing else, he's been in the system and can push the new guys in practice. Glad to have him on the team.
                                Skills? Yes. Drive? Very debatable.

I was high on Poor Bear when he came in, but he never really did much to grow. Thankfully he's just a walk-on so it doesn't hurt anything.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X