Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Not very subtle on the racism and stereotyping my friend. Wouldn't want FVV to read that. Do you think that's the profile and attitude of our typical black player over the years? Cotton? Fred?
    Actually closer to the typical any color basketball player than you assume, sadly.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Tucker ? He's white. Combed his hair. Who's the racist?
      Speaking Ebonics, saggin', and sporting a 10 incher...?

I'm sorry sir, but I must demur.

Comment

Not very subtle on the racism and stereotyping my friend. Wouldn't want FVV to read that. Do you think that's the profile and attitude of our typical black player over the years? Cotton? Fred?
        How is this post racist? Please enlighten me with reasons your accusation?

Comment

Speaking Ebonics, saggin', and sporting a 10 incher...?

I'm sorry sir, but I must demur.

How racist of you to assume race based on what you think a black basketball player sounds like.

Wow.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

How is this post racist? Please enlighten me with reasons your accusation?
            Can I answer simply with... It's Friday?

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

How racist of you to assume race based on what you think a black basketball player sounds like.

Wow.
              I was confused until he mentioned the 10 incher. I know because I'm black... below the belt.

And I'm OFFENDED!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                If this is because we dropped the ball on setting up NIL programs .. Fire the AD ... Not sure what else needs to happen before we make that move.
                Some of us thought BeltTight was a loser a LONGGGG time ago.

Comment

• Doc makes a damn good point

Comment

• So everybody really believes that the only reason Shocker players are leaving is too get paid? Then why is anybody visiting?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      So everybody really believes that the only reason Shocker players are leaving is too get paid? Then why is anybody visiting?
                      Not all of them but the ones that waited the longest to go in the portal definitely did.

Comment

• Mark Adams weighs in with commentary from his conversations with coaches

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

Comment

Mark Adams weighs in with commentary from his conversations with coaches

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​
                          Very sad indeed.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Pretty disgusting.

It started with the elite getting pissed when they lost out on NCAA bids.

Then several Bluebloods got caught with egregious cheating.

Then a movement started by the elite that the players are being exploited.

Then the NIL + transfer portal was born.

Mission accomplished! The clock has struck Midnight on Cinderella.

Comment

NIL potential would be directly related to fanbase size/engagement. Wichita State has an enviable fanbase compared to every program in the country outside of the top 30-40. We should be absolutely hitting the NIL schemes out of the park. Add in the fact that we have a TON of self-employed alumni who'd be able to set up perfectly legal advertising agreements immediately. *sigh*

Maybe this is a situation where the boosters handle things themselves like 'Bama football has done all these years. We'd need a mole in the athletic office that would direct recruits to meetings with boosters after they were done with their regular tour.

Comment

Mark Adams weighs in with commentary from his conversations with coaches

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​
                                Thank you for taking the time to post all of this Stick. I may have never read it.

Comment

Working...
                                X