Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    The in-game experience has gone downhill too:

- No anthem singers - I know some people like the pep band and crown singing, but it's so amateur. Get a real singer.

- Band doesn't get to play as much anymore - Let the band play "Low Brass Cheer", THEN do the promotion. Read the room and know when to play music over the system and when to let the band play.

- No halftime performers - Shows like Quick Change (RIP) and The Red Panda were awesome. Do the cheerleading and dance team stuff during timeouts. (Make the other team sit on their bench for timeouts.)

- Promotions are AWFUL - I get you need to have them, but have some damn pride and creativity in putting them out there. Have an MC that helps put them on. ENTERTAIN US.

- Lighting and Sound System - I believe the new lighting and sound systems they put in haven't been utilized correctly, because of whiney complaints. Ignore them. Make it a party and a show.

I have others I know I have mentioned in the past, but these are the ones coming to mind.
    You are questioning what shades of lipstick to put on the pig.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Not my place to share details. But from someone I'd trust would be connected enough. The point of the post is that people are tossing large chunks at a player that didn't even make the All AAC list ... If we don't do something.. we will have 8+ players transferring every year.
      Not if wsu just recruits preferred walk-on’s and 2 star guys with 2 bum knees

Comment

• It would be very difficult to regulate, but NIL sponsors should have to show at least a breakeven ROI for any agreement to be legal with the NCAA. Billy Bob's Chrysler shouldn't be able to pay a kid $500,000 if the commercials they do are only resulting in $50,000 added revenue to the dealership. The most ridiculous example is the company paying every member of the BYU football team, including the walk-ons, something like $10,000 a year to be "brand sponsors". I mean, good for the kids, but that's pay-for-play, not a real business investment.

Comment

• I've seen rumors that Kansas has been after RCIV for some time and is throwing big numbers his way.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
            I've seen rumors that Kansas has been after RCIV for some time and is throwing big numbers his way.
            Hopefully he goes to KU with Dex and we just get this whole freaking thing over with.

Comment

I've seen rumors that Kansas has been after RCIV for some time and is throwing big numbers his way.
              Lol yeah right

Comment

Kansas wasn't one of the ones I heard mentioned. But they were both teams that recruit at a similar or better level than KU

Comment

Kansas wasn't one of the ones I heard mentioned. But they were both teams that recruit at a similar or better level than KU
                  We'll see

Comment

Yeah I have no way of confirming the Kansas rumors, but thought it was interesting to see. Ricky needs to learn to play defense if he wants to start for a major program anyway.

Comment

A Shocker player being courted by Larryville??? I was once told nary a Shocker player could ever suit up for and see the court at Allen. Oh if this happens...I've seen it all.
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

I’ve seen current Kansas players openly recruiting rc on his insta announcement.

Comment

• College basketball is starting to suck. I loved it for a while. My time at WSU in the 90's with the losing and legal trouble is looking more exciting than what's coming.
                          Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                            Any chance it's just a coincidence that they each announce it the same day?

I don't think it is.
                            I probably missed it, but did another Shocker hit the portal today besides Ricky?

Comment

• Originally posted by Teddy Graham View Post

I probably missed it, but did another Shocker hit the portal today besides Ricky?
                              Tyson officially.

Comment

• Program in Shambles!

Comment

Working...
                                X