Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

It's nice to see that we won't do what's now completely legal and instead will willingly succumb to being an also-ran with regard to recruiting?

If so, we should get used to 7th place, no matter who the head coach is.
    Sarcasm is sometimes difficult to detect.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
      At this point our starting five for next year:
      PG: Craig Porter
      SG: Xavier Bell
      SF: Jalen Ricks
      PF: James Rojas
      C: Kenny Pohto
      ****...outside of Craig and Kenny I couldn't tell ya WHO will start.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• HOT TAKE:

This is so “Wichita”. NIL is very much a progressive and sort of innovative style program that requires many wealthy to be on board with it. Wichita is well known for being a bit of a lagging market, and not a market leader. We don’t take the first step forward. We don’t act first. And as a result, our city’s so far behind other comparable cities in terms of employment growth, opportunities for youth, etc.

I love shocker basketball, but as someone who’s involved in tech and entrepreneurship, I had to leave Wichita (and consequently make 7x what I made in wichita).

This honestly truly boils down to wealth, leadership, the entire mindset here. So I’m not surprised the f***ing TULANE is ahead of the game compared to us. That’s why they’re snagging some solid recruits. Purely because of NIL.

college basketball is now more than who’ll coach me up. It’s “how do I get life changing money while I can?” Especially since most kids will not hit the pros. We’re even seeing it where pro-ready players are staying in college because they make MORE from NIL. Just see Kentucky

Comment

• Done with my season tickets. The constant turnover has sucked all the fun out of college basketball for me.
          Professional gas passer.

Comment

• Why are Porter and Pohto sticking around?

Comment

• Need a complete overhaul from president, AD, HC and assistants. Fresh faces with desire and fire that can inspire financial backers to pony up. It's that or die on the vine. Money talks !

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktheheck View Post
                at this point it's not even about who's the coach and what is their record. it's about where can I get paid....wsu will be a bottom dweller until the university figures out how to use the nil to their advantage, but that is going to be extremely hard in a small market town....
                Look, if it feels any better, WSU and the rest of anybody not in a major conference are going to be in a different organization than the NCAA soon enough. Well compete at our level and it will be fun, but right now we are sitting by ourselves at lunch, recently exiled from the cool kids table. It sucks and we'll be crying in our chocolate milk and burrito for a few years.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Marshall was looking forward to NIL. He thought WSU could take advantage of it due to the community support. Does anyone think that this would be happening with him as coach even with Boatwright as AD?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
                    Marshall was looking forward to NIL. He thought WSU could take advantage of it due to the community support. Does anyone think that this would be happening with him as coach even with Boatwright as AD?
                    Marshall was losing players already. I'm sure he's feeling pretty good about his money and not having to deal with this bullshit.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                      HOT TAKE:

This is so “Wichita”. NIL is very much a progressive and sort of innovative style program that requires many wealthy to be on board with it. Wichita is well known for being a bit of a lagging market, and not a market leader. We don’t take the first step forward. We don’t act first. And as a result, our city’s so far behind other comparable cities in terms of employment growth, opportunities for youth, etc.

I love shocker basketball, but as someone who’s involved in tech and entrepreneurship, I had to leave Wichita (and consequently make 7x what I made in wichita).

This honestly truly boils down to wealth, leadership, the entire mindset here. So I’m not surprised the f***ing TULANE is ahead of the game compared to us. That’s why they’re snagging some solid recruits. Purely because of NIL.

college basketball is now more than who’ll coach me up. It’s “how do I get life changing money while I can?” Especially since most kids will not hit the pros. We’re even seeing it where pro-ready players are staying in college because they make MORE from NIL. Just see Kentucky
                      What's it gonna take to get you back to ICT as an AD?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                        HOT TAKE:

You're not wrong.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Marshall was losing players already. I'm sure he's feeling pretty good about his money and not having to deal with this bullshit.
                          You have no read on Wichita. Marshall wouldn’t put up with this and he had plenty of big money support to make things happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You have no read on Wichita. Marshall wouldn’t put up with this and he had plenty of big money support to make things happen.
                            You are both right and wrong. Marshall wouldn't let Boatright sit and do nothing with NIL ... but that doesn't mean the players would have stayed because of other reasons.

Comment

• For some reason today just kind of broke me. The fun of college sports is watching kids develop from skinny awkward Freshman to studs by their senior year. This NIL has ruined everything. I have zero interest in cheering for kids for a year then waiving goodbye to half of them as they leave for greener pastures each year. Our local billionaire could step in tonight and create a massive slush fund that allows us to compete for the best of the best, and I still do not think it would interest me much. College basketball is becoming the NBA light, and the NBA is a simply unwatchable product these days. Our family has had season tickets continually since the late 60's. I will always be a Shocker fan, but I just ripped up our renewal form.

Comment

• There are tears in my beers...
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X