Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope Ricky stays too. If he'll get over thinking he can still do all the things he did in high school at this level he can be really good. In HS so long as you score over 20 every night that's usually all it takes, whether you play defense or not.
    "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• It is RC4’s team now. He will return.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
        It is RC4’s team now. He will return.
        I'm kind of in line with this. I also think Etienne finally making a statement makes things lean in that direction. Two more factors are his relationship with Porter and NIL. If RC is solid with CP, that would matter. If someone offers him a sweetheart NIL deal that the Shox can't match, he's gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

I'm kind of in line with this. I also think Etienne finally making a statement makes things lean in that direction. Two more factors are his relationship with Porter and NIL. If RC is solid with CP, that would matter. If someone offers him a sweetheart NIL deal that the Shox can't match, he's gone.
          I'd be SHOCKED if a team like Memphis hasn't offered him a deal. There is a reason Kendrick Davis and Caleb Murphy immediately went on visits to Memphis after entering the portal.

Comment

• Does WSU not have donors who can throw some bucks together for a decent NIL collective? I know people dislike Boatright, but NIL is supposed to be somewhat out of the school's control anyway. Every player could receive a private jet and a Pizza Hut franchise or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
              Does WSU not have donors who can throw some bucks together for a decent NIL collective? I know people dislike Boatright, but NIL is supposed to be somewhat out of the school's control anyway. Every player could receive a private jet and a Pizza Hut franchise or something.
              I'm pretty sure most are pissed at WSU for non-athletic related reasons

Comment

• Here's a Sunflower article about NIL and Wichita State. It seems like a lot of schools help students get NIL deals, which WSU says they won't do and players have to do it on their own. Not sure how the rest of the schools in the state do it, but I imagine this is a major advantage that a school like Memphis has over WSU. https://thesunflower.com/56809/sport...ew-nil-policy/

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm pretty sure most are pissed at WSU for non-athletic related reasons
                  Fair enough. I can get not donating to the school, but refusing to help players with NIL deals seems like a step further to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                    Here's a Sunflower article about NIL and Wichita State. It seems like a lot of schools help students get NIL deals, which WSU says they won't do and players have to do it on their own. Not sure how the rest of the schools in the state do it, but I imagine this is a major advantage that a school like Memphis has over WSU. https://thesunflower.com/56809/sport...ew-nil-policy/
                    Pretty sure ku just tells Adidas to pay them and their family whatever is needed. The normal over the last few decades

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I feel bad for having so much indifference about his announcement.
                      Right?

I can't recall having such a "love/hate" relationship with the timeline of the on-court performance of a Shocker MBB player. Maybe McDuffie. Maybe Dex. But neither come close to the up and then DOWNDOWNDOWN of TE. His trajectory here was insane.

Seems like a legitimately good egg, so I wish him the best, but I would doubt that path would include either much time or income as a pro baller.

Comment

• Best of luck to Tyson in whatever his future holds. I have expressed open frustration with his performance this past season but at the end of the day he is a Shocker and I wish him nothing but the best. Make the most of whatever opportunity you get young man, whether it be in basketball or anything else.

Comment

• Tyson did not play well and did not help the 2021-22 Shockers.

I still loved watching him play and he represented WSU super well.

I still remember him announcing early after everyone transferred after 2020 that he was staying. I almost teared up.

And he willed us to the tourney in 2021. Neither of those things should be forgotten.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                            Here's a Sunflower article about NIL and Wichita State. It seems like a lot of schools help students get NIL deals, which WSU says they won't do and players have to do it on their own. Not sure how the rest of the schools in the state do it, but I imagine this is a major advantage that a school like Memphis has over WSU. https://thesunflower.com/56809/sport...ew-nil-policy/
                            This article is a year old, but it's nice to see that even if paying money is legal, we still have our standards, and won't help our athletes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This article is a year old, but it's nice to see that even if paying money is legal, we still have our standards, and won't help our athletes.
                              It's nice to see that we won't do what's now completely legal and instead will willingly succumb to being an also-ran with regard to recruiting?

If so, we should get used to 7th place, no matter who the head coach is.
                              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

It's nice to see that we won't do what's now completely legal and instead will willingly succumb to being an also-ran with regard to recruiting?

If so, we should get used to 7th place, no matter who the head coach is.
                                We have to save our money for more important things .. like 37% raises....

Comment

Working...
                                X