Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trey Wade had a nice game against Gonzaga, however, he only averaged 12 mins in the first 2 games of the tournament and a total of 2 points. For the year he had career lows in minutes and points.
    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
      Trey Wade had a nice game against Gonzaga, however, he only averaged 12 mins in the first 2 games of the tournament and a total of 2 points. For the year he had career lows in minutes and points.
      He also registered 0 points in 16 games this season. Four games this year with 10+ points.

Comment

• Originally posted by giskard View Post
        Taylor tweeted some stats about how many teams have multiple players in the portal. Lots of activity there.
        While it feels like most schools are getting destroyed by the portal, really, that is not the case. Losing 4 players isn't that far removed from what would be expected with the old system. Guys always left. In 2 of the last 3 seasons, however, the Shox have been in the very small minority of getting hammered by the portal. Not good.

Comment

• We're going to find out if IB can recruit to save his job. Honestly, when he was hired it was my hope that he could improve the talent and that would be his calling card. I never expected him to be an X & O's guy. It's absolutely imperative that he does leaps and bounds better than Pleasant and Grant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
            We lose a handful of guys that clearly struggled to play at this level (see what I did there?) or were not good fits for the system, and who most of us criticized for the better part of this season, and this board yells good riddance. We lose two more guys that sure seemed like they had one foot out the door and all of a sudden we have an "exodus" and the sky is falling.

Some of you guys have run out of your medication and you need your prescription refilled.
            I think very, very few on here are in a panic mode of any sort regarding the number of players leaving. Before all the transfers started, almost all either hoped only 4-5 would stay or even thought 4-5 would stay for a number of good reasons. I do think it is quite ironic that all the player hoopla when IB was made HC that within one year we have a mass exodus. "They" got what they seemed to want, yet here "we" are.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              If the list of schools being mentioned by both players is true, then they’ll be off-the-bench role players their last year and get a cup of coffee worth of playing time. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. If that’s what they desire, then so be it.
              EVERY SINGLE PLAYER thinks they can play in the NBA. Many of them are delusional and think the only thing holding them back is that they're in the wrong conference, wrong team, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I think very, very few on here are in a panic mode of any sort regarding the number of players leaving. Before all the transfers started, almost all either hoped only 4-5 would stay or even thought 4-5 would stay for a number of good reasons. I do think it is quite ironic that all the player hoopla when IB was made HC that within one year we have a mass exodus. "They" got what they seemed to want, yet here "we" are.
                I would think most are in panic mode

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

EVERY SINGLE PLAYER thinks they can play in the NBA. Many of them are delusional and think the only thing holding them back is that they're in the wrong conference, wrong team, etc.
                    This is why it is hard to develop a team and players today. Some want immediate gratification without putting in the work. It is very difficult to recuit players today that want something bigger than there own self interest. I am not in panic mode. Those WSU players that went into the Transfer portal are the ones I expected. Waiting on 1 more to confirm. Go Shocks.

Comment

• I've always appreciated the players who are a bit raw but are 100 percent committed to improving and are team first. Not saying we don't have guys like that on the team, just seems like players have evolved into more "me first" than "team first".

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I've been in panic mode since mid season. Transfers and assistant coaches changes have nothing to do with it. In fact it may help.

Comment

• - I'm not in panic mode. Just the opposite actually. Will be nice to have new players in the system and new players for people to ***** and moan about. Things were getting kind of stale.

- Seems like some of the transfer stuff is about guys wanting to know they're still wanted by others or maybe a chance to relive their HS recruitment days. Seems like they all have twitter accounts and can't wait to retweet something someone has said about them or that they've told others how many schools have reached out to them. According to Udeze, 18 have reached out to him (https://247sports.com/Article/Wichit...ams-185874369/) - which begs the question, why?

- are any of the WSU transfers looking for schools in states where marijuana is legal? If so, will they and others who are in that boat wait until 4/20 to announce their final destination? Years from now, instead of the AfterShocks, they could play for a TBT called Portal Potties.

- haven't won the lottery yet. For those of you out there who know the future already, please let me know the next set of PowerBall or Mega Millions numbers. Thanks.
                          Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                            - I'm not in panic mode. Just the opposite actually. Will be nice to have new players in the system and new players for people to ***** and moan about. Things were getting kind of stale.

- Seems like some of the transfer stuff is about guys wanting to know they're still wanted by others or maybe a chance to relive their HS recruitment days. Seems like they all have twitter accounts and can't wait to retweet something someone has said about them or that they've told others how many schools have reached out to them. According to Udeze, 18 have reached out to him (https://247sports.com/Article/Wichit...ams-185874369/) - which begs the question, why?

- are any of the WSU transfers looking for schools in states where marijuana is legal? If so, will they and others who are in that boat wait until 4/20 to announce their final destination? Years from now, instead of the AfterShocks, they could play for a TBT called Portal Potties.

- haven't won the lottery yet. For those of you out there who know the future already, please let me know the next set of PowerBall or Mega Millions numbers. Thanks.
                            This was a very good post. See, TLN is more than just public records.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                              - I'm not in panic mode. Just the opposite actually. Will be nice to have new players in the system and new players for people to ***** and moan about. Things were getting kind of stale.

Rack him! Post of the week...
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

This was a very good post. See, TLN is more than just public records.
                                I miss the open records. It's sad to read things about contracts and future games and not being able to scoop the writer. I even went to the Sunflower web site and filled out the form for story ideas and mentioned they could look into what happened with the open records web site. They seem to be more interested in drag queen stuff, sga elections that no one cares about, and which vending machine on campus is the best.
                                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Working...
                                X