Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Yep. She just can't help herself...
    You forgot the !!!
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

This whole circus is a little nauseating. Why not just dump all non-P5 players and all P5 non-starters into a pot each season and have a lottery.
      It’s a complete joke. Just like Jay effing Bilas.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
        https://twitter.com/JustinByerly/sta...90605965352965

Interesting …. West Virginia…

Comment

• Dexter Dennis, great defender. Spotty shooter. Below average handles, no left hand. Super athletic but weak in traffic. Smart, experienced player and good team player. You know what you’re gonna get.

Comment

• I can’t endorse Dexter going to West Virginia after Huggy’s role in the Teddy Allen debacle. Just can’t.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Dexter Dennis, great defender. Spotty shooter. Below average handles, no left hand. Super athletic but weak in traffic. Smart, experienced player and good team player. You know what you’re gonna get.
              No left and and he is left handed. Crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

My mistake on Bonner being one of their best players. Likely recency bias because he played 32 minutes in the R32 against North Carolina.

I think good basketball players can be found at any level. Grant was a miss, but not one many expected. Taylor Eldridge had him as the player to watch coming into this year.
                I don't disagree that players can be found at all levels (though lower levels will have always have great "miss" potential). But I have NO CONFIDENCE that this staff has that capability to judge talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

The positive fan in you should take a step back as IB has stated he wouldn't feel right running players off. These transfers are all about the guys who were thrilled that he was given the HC job and then have since decided he's not worth playing for.
                  It isn’t limited to this program or this sport. The whole world is working through some nervous/depressed energy and it’s leading to a world wide game of musical chairs. For basketball teams, employment, housing, relationships…. It’s everyone saying “stuff sucks, I need a change” regardless of whether their current situation actually does suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post

It isn’t limited to this program or this sport. The whole world is working through some nervous/depressed energy and it’s leading to a world wide game of musical chairs. For basketball teams, employment, housing, relationships…. It’s everyone saying “stuff sucks, I need a change” regardless of whether their current situation actually does suck.
                    What’s ironic is that Adam Silver of all people actually touched on this fairly eloquently at the Sloan Sports Analytics Conference back in 2019 (clip starts at about the 19:35 mark):

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

What’s ironic is that Adam Silver of all people actually touched on this fairly eloquently at the Sloan Sports Analytics Conference back in 2019 (clip starts at about the 19:35 mark):

That was an incredible listen. Thank You!

Comment

• If the list of schools being mentioned by both players is true, then they’ll be off-the-bench role players their last year and get a cup of coffee worth of playing time. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. If that’s what they desire, then so be it.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Best of luck to both Dex an Mo. With that said, outside of Dex's defense, I don' think we're losing much.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            If the list of schools being mentioned by both players is true, then they’ll be off-the-bench role players their last year and get a cup of coffee worth of playing time. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. If that’s what they desire, then so be it.
                            See Yesufu. Maybe dude thinks it was a good move. He did get a ring, but....

I imagine watching Trey Wade in the Sweet 16 got a lot of wheels turning.

Comment

• Taylor tweeted some stats about how many teams have multiple players in the portal. Lots of activity there.

Comment

• We lose a handful of guys that clearly struggled to play at this level (see what I did there?) or were not good fits for the system, and who most of us criticized for the better part of this season, and this board yells good riddance. We lose two more guys that sure seemed like they had one foot out the door and all of a sudden we have an "exodus" and the sky is falling.

Some of you guys have run out of your medication and you need your prescription refilled.
                                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                                X