Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

there are a lot of qualified training and conditioning coaches out there. KR was gonna leave at some point,
    Retire, YES, just leave, NO.

Kerry Rosenboom - Head Strength and Conditioning Coach - Men's Basketball Support Staff - Wichita State Athletics (goshockers.com)

Read it while you can.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      Isn't this the "Outgoing Player Tracking" thread???
      please

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        I understand we have multiple visits set for this weekend. Will have to dig a bit more.
        Have you unearthed anything interesting?

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Have you unearthed anything interesting?
          Other than Ballard no. May be a couple of unofficials but s digging.

Comment

• Im sorry but I still think we’ll be better with a new guy at S&C. You have to be able to connect with the guys to get them to buy into an S&C program and clearly they didn’t. Guys would skip workouts with Kerry altogether. Yes our basketball weight room needs updated but so did our head S&C coach. I think we can get a guy who can connect with the young guys, bring energy, fresh ideas and effort. I know people don’t want to hear this, but there is a reason that ERIC WEDGE decided to not take Kerry as his S&C coach when he came back, because Kerry wanted to move back to baseball. He did some great things in the past and has plenty of MLB clients, but the modern day MBB isn’t an MLB player.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post

Im sorry but I still think we’ll be better with a new guy at S&C. You have to be able to connect with the guys to get them to buy into an S&C program and clearly they didn’t. Guys would skip workouts with Kerry altogether. Yes our basketball weight room needs updated but so did our head S&C coach. I think we can get a guy who can connect with the young guys, bring energy, fresh ideas and effort. I know people don’t want to hear this, but there is a reason that ERIC WEDGE decided to not take Kerry as his S&C coach when he came back, because Kerry wanted to move back to baseball. He did some great things in the past and has plenty of MLB clients, but the modern day MBB isn’t an MLB player.

Exactly. There are a lot of great trainers out there (the floor is pretty high for trainers and ceiling isn’t going to make or break a program). KR was known for always talking about all the places he could go work and burned down the bridge on the way out. File this one under “next man up.”

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Exactly.

Wanting a double digit scoring post, who was also the best shooter on the team, and averaged 6 boards, to transfer is ludicrous. He also hit the floor for 50/50 opportunities in a much more discernible fashion than some of our perimeter players. And forwards. I thought that was obvious. Is he an ideal post at 6'8" (closer to 6'7")? No. Was he the worst post in the conference? No. Was he the worst post in D1, if not the smallest? Hardly. Was WSU's forward production some of the worst in D1, collectively? Well...

My point is along the same lines that you presented. Who's WSU going to get that's going to walk into the room averaging 10, 6 and shoot 50% from the field? Not to mention hit the floor for 50/50 opportunities and draw charges in the paint? Keep Mo and KP both, obviously. Then hope Ricks and his 7' wingspan can contribute some positive court time, off the pine. Adibbe? Not yet.
                Exactly. I want him to learn how passing well will actually lead to more buckets, but he isn’t a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

Exactly. There are a lot of great trainers out there (the floor is pretty high for trainers and ceiling isn’t going to make or break a program). KR was known for always talking about all the places he could go work and burned down the bridge on the way out. File this one under “next man up.”

I know Fred has had his own personal trainer for the last 2 years.

Comment

• Maybe FVV can donate some of his nine-figures to build the “Fred Van Vleet Training Facility”
                    The Assman

Comment

• I’m guessing Ricky council announces his transfer news doon. He just posted “news soon.”

Comment

• Teddy buckets leaving NMSU and hiring an agent

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                          I’m guessing Ricky council announces his transfer news doon. He just posted “news soon.”
                          Hopefully just declaring for the NBA Draft process

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                            I’m guessing Ricky council announces his transfer news doon. He just posted “news soon.”
                            Bummer. I really hoped he would stay.

Comment

• Maybe he can hope it’s just an NIL sponsor and not leaving

Comment

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post

Bummer. I really hoped he would stay.
                                Obviously not a good sign if Council leaves.

Comment

Working...
                                X