Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Portal Discussion (outgoing player tracking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
    Just who are all these Studs we are going to get at Center? If they are transferring, the likelihood is that they were not good enough to get many playing minutes at the school they are leaving.
    At least we know what we have with MO. We need 3 at the 5 position anyway.
    Exactly.

Wanting a double digit scoring post, who was also the best shooter on the team, and averaged 6 boards, to transfer is ludicrous. He also hit the floor for 50/50 opportunities in a much more discernible fashion than some of our perimeter players. And forwards. I thought that was obvious. Is he an ideal post at 6'8" (closer to 6'7")? No. Was he the worst post in the conference? No. Was he the worst post in D1, if not the smallest? Hardly. Was WSU's forward production some of the worst in D1, collectively? Well...

My point is along the same lines that you presented. Who's WSU going to get that's going to walk into the room averaging 10, 6 and shoot 50% from the field? Not to mention hit the floor for 50/50 opportunities and draw charges in the paint? Keep Mo and KP both, obviously. Then hope Ricks and his 7' wingspan can contribute some positive court time, off the pine. Adibbe? Not yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I stand corrected.

I guess I have the case of the COVID SMURESDAY's. The year's are running together.
      Welcome to the club.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• It's a matter of team chemistry. One bad component can damage it and two can pretty much boggle it down. It's not that MU and TE are bad players. They're not. Each can be favorably impactful but only if they are playing their designed roles effectively. When they are just trying to pad their own numbers to impress scouts or whoever and the hc ALLOWS it you get poor ball movement and poor player movement that results in an offense that is easy to defend which, of course, results in poor shots and poor shooting. You HAVE to have good spacing, good movement, and TEAM players all looking to create the best % shot for the team, not the individual. We all know TE is a good spot up shooter and should restrict himself to THAT role and let CP&RC be the dribble drivers. As for MU he is a darn good post up center who can score if not doubled. We all know his value to the TEAM is to score down low when NOT doubled BUT mush find the open man when he is. When TE and MU don't play their TEAM roles the chemistry breaks down. It is the coaches job to teach all this and notice when ANY player isn't playing his role and disrupting the offense. Time for an immediate substitution to get the players' attention and back to playing HIS role in the offense. If TE and MU are back IB absolutely has to manage them well or we will just have a repeat to this past season. If TE or MU don't buy into TEAM basketball then they should transfer and screw up someone elses team. More importantly, will IB focus on the TEAM chemistry and not the goals of individuals that disrupt it. That is coaching.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
          It's a matter of team chemistry. One bad component can damage it and two can pretty much boggle it down. It's not that MU and TE are bad players. They're not. Each can be favorably impactful but only if they are playing their designed roles effectively. When they are just trying to pad their own numbers to impress scouts or whoever and the hc ALLOWS it you get poor ball movement and poor player movement that results in an offense that is easy to defend which, of course, results in poor shots and poor shooting. You HAVE to have good spacing, good movement, and TEAM players all looking to create the best % shot for the team, not the individual. We all know TE is a good spot up shooter and should restrict himself to THAT role and let CP&RC be the dribble drivers. As for MU he is a darn good post up center who can score if not doubled. We all know his value to the TEAM is to score down low when NOT doubled BUT mush find the open man when he is. When TE and MU don't play their TEAM roles the chemistry breaks down. It is the coaches job to teach all this and notice when ANY player isn't playing his role and disrupting the offense. Time for an immediate substitution to get the players' attention and back to playing HIS role in the offense. If TE and MU are back IB absolutely has to manage them well or we will just have a repeat to this past season. If TE or MU don't buy into TEAM basketball then they should transfer and screw up someone elses team. More importantly, will IB focus on the TEAM chemistry and not the goals of individuals that disrupt it. That is coaching.
          Next lesson. Break up long paragraphs. Ha!

But your analysis is really spot-on I think.

Comment

• Surprised we haven’t heard anything from our covid Juniors. Figured they would all declare they were moving on to play pro ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
              Surprised we haven’t heard anything from our covid Juniors. Figured they would all declare they were moving on to play pro ball.
              I would not be surprised if they are all exploring options as grad transfers, Euro options, or coming back for one last hurrah. Takes a while to sort through.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                TP is working his way towards Duke or Kentucky
                He probably needs a rolodex just to keep track of where he has been.

Comment

• I really hope we see some changes to the coaching staff. Not sure what Kennedy's role is on the staff, but I'm also not sure what he does during games. Waterman seems to be the "good guy" bench guy, but also our recruiter. Lou and IB seem to be the only two X's and O's guys we have. I don't necessarily want any coach to leave, but would hope to see someone else brought in that can help with the offense at the very least.

Comment

• Just heard this, it my understanding that Grant has entered the portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by JEE View Post
                      Just heard this, it my understanding that Grant has entered the portal.
                      Yes, that was announced yesterday.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by JEE View Post
                        Just heard this, it my understanding that Grant has entered the portal.
                        but he's the only one, right?

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

There has been zero corroboration outside of Sko.
                            Here's what I know; I was told by a member of the campus law enforcement team of an incident between the two that required their assistance. Whatever happened led to them describing it as Monzy scuffing up TE and other team members siding with Monzy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Yes, that was announced yesterday.
                              Could be Grant Gibbs instead - he probably has a year left :)
                              Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

but he's the only one, right?
                                So far yes. Thankfully it is only Grant thus far.

Comment

Working...
                                X