Creighton Conspiracy Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    Given CU's NCAA history, I would say this is probably going to happen.
    Definitely.

Speaking of which, has anyone ever entered a March Madness pool with a CU fan? They use entirely different brackets than everyone else.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
      I already posted this in a previous thread but it seems relevant to this discussion.

Team A = WSU
      Team B = Creighton

How does anyone see 3 seeds of difference between these 2 resumes?
      I think it comes down primarily to non-con SOS. CU is around 180 or so I think. WSU played more top 100 teams and fewer 150+ teams. The committee clearly valued non-con SOS this year in particular. Also, I think the 3 game skid by CU late in the year had an effect, right or wrong. I look at the two resumes, and I don't think they are 3 seeds apart, but I do think that CU was a high 6 or a low 7. CU played 4 teams that are in the tourney, while WSU had 7 games against other tourney teams. Also, playing Ill. St. in the championship game of the MVC didn't help CU at all. They would have greatly benefited from playing WSU in the final, particularly had they been able to win.
      "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

Originally posted by cujays View Post
        Jays fan here...just wanted to give a "jays" view on what happened. We didnt think we would or even should get a seed as good as you guys but we can hope right? We thought a 6 was where we should have been but a 7 was not terribly out of the question. We felt our resume was comparable to yours but after you beat us by 22 we should be a notch below you guys. SDSU was the one that hurt as we had very comparable resumes and we beat them at their place, and they also stumbled down the stretch as we went on a winning streak and won the conf. tournament.

I have always been a fan of WSU since Rob Kampman and company and hope you guys do really well and I think the majority of CU fans hope for the same thing as well. We are in the NCAA tournament now and we should cheer for each other just to improve the conference. Good luck against VCU...that was one team we didnt want to see! I think you guys match up better to them than us though, you guys got a great 2nd round matchup if you win as well. Roll Jays...Roll Valley.
        Yes, it's time for us all to have each others back. Good luck to you as well.
        Go Shocks and yes I'll say it, Go Jay's

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
          I think the Jays should have been a 6 or 7 seed. I think they got hosed. But I think their weak SOS hurt them. The committee for years has penalized teams with weak non-conference schedules.

Having said all of that, I also say GO JAYS!

We need both Valley teams to do well in the dance. NCAA dance money is about the only money this conference generates. And it hasn't generated a lot in recent years.

The CAA got 9 shares of ncaa dance money last year (with their mutli-bid and VCU going to the final 4) while the Valley earned 1 share for Indy State's one and done. The CAA out earned the Valley 9 to 1 last year.

If the Valley is going to remain competitive in basketball we need mutliple bids each year and we need our teams to win some games.

GO SHOCKS! GO JAYS!
          Good thinking there!
          I wonder how some posters who want the Jay to lose give to WSU to replace the money. It's probably about 50K each game the Jay plays
          Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

I hope them bastards lose. If they win good for them. I am pretty sure the feeling is mutual.

Comment

All I have to say is... Roll Tide Roll!

Comment

All for the Jays to win.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Roll Jays

In spite of the fact that this Message Board has the largest percentage of TOOLS of any that I
                  regularly read, I will be rooting for your Shockers to roll in the Tourney because that is what intelligent fans do regarding their conference this time of year. It is good for all of us if all of our teams do
                  well in whatever post-season tourney they land!
                  For all of you on here that declare Roll Tide, I will chuckle as your coach and most of
                  your team's production are gone within the next 30 days!
                  Roll Shockers! Win the Tourney! This is your shot! The Jays have one senior! :-)
                  Last edited by Jay Dog; March 14, 2012, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Dog View Post
                    In spite of the fact that this Message Board has the largest percentage of TOOLS of any that I
                    regularly read, I will be rooting for our Shockers to roll in the Tourney because that is what intelligent fans do regarding their conference this time of year. It is good for all of us if all of our teams do
                    For all of you on here that declare Roll Tide, I will chuckle as your coach and most of
                    Roll Shockers! Win the Tourney! This is your shot! The Jays have one senior! :-)
                    and now we have 1 more TOOL
                    GFY

Comment

regularly read, I will be rooting for our Shockers to roll in the Tourney because that is what intelligent fans do regarding their conference this time of year.
                      Several lies right here.

1. sCUm fans are not intelligent (intelligent fans would have been praying for re-match in the finals in the MVC tourny - which they weren't) - they fear the Wheat!!!
                      2. I heard personally from plenty sCum fans in STL that they would never root for the shockers

just remember it is not a rivalry....

Comment

regularly read, I will be rooting for our Shockers to roll in the Tourney because that is what intelligent fans do regarding their conference this time of year. It is good for all of us if all of our teams do
                        Just make sure you come back to our "tool box" in 31 days with your tail between your legs when your scenario doesn't play out. Then we will see who the tool is. It's ok to talk trash in good spirit, but come on dawg! In spite of this less than stellar moment for you on our board, I have no qualms about rooting for sCUm. I hope you win a game or two. Now go back to your dog house and take a nap Rover.

Comment

I like how someone with "Dog" in their moniker feels lucid enough to call anyone else a "tool." I bet you have a goattee.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                            I already posted this in a previous thread but it seems relevant to this discussion.

Team A = WSU
                            Team B = Creighton

How does anyone see 3 seeds of difference between these 2 resumes?
                            And I've posted this link before Massey Comparison Ratings.

In an average of 51 statistical and poll rankings:

WSU is #10
                            CU is #21

In other words, 3 seeds difference is dead on, but WSU should have been a 3 seed and CU should have been a 6 seed.
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

"Our Shockers" . . . "Your coach" . . . "Your team's production" . . .

Multiple Personality Disorder?

Comment

Oh hey little buddy! I like roll jays. The shockers are pretty deft at that game.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                                Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Working...
                                X