Creighton Conspiracy Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    Greg McDermott complain on ESPN radio about the Jays seed.
    We are now the measuring stick. Love it.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Absolutely LOVE the fact that Creighton fans are throwing out the conspiracy stuff after their weeklong bag on us. Classic! Love it!

I don't care if it means less money. I hope the Tide ROLLLLLLLSSS!
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I also got a huge chuckle with the arena filing up with very loud and raucous boos today when Creighton appeared on CBS and then when they appeared on the bracket a few minutes later. A very large smattering of boos. It was hilarious.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          If we are deserving of a 5, then I would put them at a 6. 7 at worst. I've heard that very important factors for the committee are last 10 games, and road records. We played very well to end, aside from Ill St. And our road record has been awesome. We had zero bad losses.

We had the better resume, but CU got screwed. Plain and simple.
          Really? 7 is so much better than an 8? Like I stated before they have a horrid SOS(130) and Non-Con SOS(172). They never played a ranked team all year long. They had a three game skid that included a loss to Evansville which can't look good in the public eye. McDermott gives them star power thats attractive but as a team they play horrid defense and depend on the 3 ball on offense. The 8 seed is justified. That said, I'm interested to see them get to UNC. I'd love to see how the "DPOY" would do against Zeller and Henson on the inside.
          It cost's $31,000 a year to be a Creighton Bluejay.....ya, for daddy's credit card.

Comment

I think the Jays should have been a 6 or 7 seed. I think they got hosed. But I think their weak SOS hurt them. The committee for years has penalized teams with weak non-conference schedules.

Having said all of that, I also say GO JAYS!

We need both Valley teams to do well in the dance. NCAA dance money is about the only money this conference generates. And it hasn't generated a lot in recent years.

The CAA got 9 shares of ncaa dance money last year (with their mutli-bid and VCU going to the final 4) while the Valley earned 1 share for Indy State's one and done. The CAA out earned the Valley 9 to 1 last year.

If the Valley is going to remain competitive in basketball we need mutliple bids each year and we need our teams to win some games.

GO SHOCKS! GO JAYS!

Comment

I don't like how McDermott threw us under the bus. When it comes to the NCAA tourney the Valley coaches should respect each other for the betterment of the league. Trashing our resume gains them nothing. Why doesn't he compare CU's resume to teams like St. Marys or Gonzaga that have much more comparable resumes, or SDSU who they beat on the road, or Notre Dame that has 11 losses.

CU was likely under seeded, but at the end of the day I think it came down more to the eye-test than it did a resume. Since their 3 game skid, they quite frankly haven't looked that impressive. 3 of their wins were by 2 points or less and wins over EU, Drake, ISUB, and SIU are not that impressive to begin with. Even their win over LBSU looked skittish. LBSU outplayed them for the better part of the game, and LBSU got slotted as a 12. Another factor, is even though they won the Valley tourney, I can see how the committee could determine they didn't look to good there either. Drake had them on the ropes for 39 minutes and ISUR took them into OT.

I am not too thrilled about the prospects of playing a 1 either and fortunately we get to face that possibility 1 round later then they do, but at the end of the day if the Valley wants respect we must earn it. Each year Butler made the Final 4 they had to make it through a 1 (Syracuse, S16; Pittsburg, R32) and a 2. VCU and George Mason each had to face a 1 on their road to the Final 4 as well.

Now that doesn't mean I won't have my fingers crossed for a UConn Sweet 16 appearance this year.

Comment

Could McD's comments have been construed as being critical of another Valley school? Just sayin'...
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

NonCon SOS was a huge factor according to the Chairman and his vice per their comments on Tru TV during the Tru Seeds show. They were asked about Mizzou being in the running for a #1 and they said they were actually the #8 overall.....when questioned they noted MUs WEAK noncon SOS. Just goes to show it pays to play decent squads. WSU was the overall #19 seed and CU the overall #29. 10 seeds difference based on a huge difference in SOS, really thats not bad when you look at it that way. I expected CU to be a 6/7 and I think they deserved that, but when you look at how WSU was beating teams by 20 and CU was going to OT and winning by 1 or 2.....not sure how they can claim the resumes are even. Wins and Losses, yes, conference success...close, overall resume....not even close when you compare who the opponents were. CU played Northwestern (NIT), SDSU, and St. Joes (NIT). WSU played 'Bama, Temple, Colorado & UNLV...all are dancing. SOS cost CU in seeding, plain and simple. For a quick comparison, the avg rpi of the noncon schedules for WSU-116.6, avg noncon rpi CU-165.7.
                  -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    Absolutely LOVE the fact that Creighton fans are throwing out the conspiracy stuff after their weeklong bag on us. Classic! Love it!

I don't care if it means less money. I hope the Tide ROLLLLLLLSSS!
                    Given CU's NCAA history, I would say this is probably going to happen.
                    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Jays fan here...just wanted to give a "jays" view on what happened. We didnt think we would or even should get a seed as good as you guys but we can hope right? We thought a 6 was where we should have been but a 7 was not terribly out of the question. We felt our resume was comparable to yours but after you beat us by 22 we should be a notch below you guys. SDSU was the one that hurt as we had very comparable resumes and we beat them at their place, and they also stumbled down the stretch as we went on a winning streak and won the conf. tournament.

I have always been a fan of WSU since Rob Kampman and company and hope you guys do really well and I think the majority of CU fans hope for the same thing as well. We are in the NCAA tournament now and we should cheer for each other just to improve the conference. Good luck against VCU...that was one team we didnt want to see! I think you guys match up better to them than us though, you guys got a great 2nd round matchup if you win as well. Roll Jays...Roll Valley.

Comment

I already posted this in a previous thread but it seems relevant to this discussion.

Team A = WSU
                        Team B = Creighton

How does anyone see 3 seeds of difference between these 2 resumes?
                        Attached Files

Comment

never got it when CU fans say "roll jays". How exactly does a Jay roll?
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

When it gets shocked
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by Heinro View Post
                              I don't like how McDermott threw us under the bus. When it comes to the NCAA tourney the Valley coaches should respect each other for the betterment of the league. Trashing our resume gains them nothing. Why doesn't he compare CU's resume to teams like St. Marys or Gonzaga that have much more comparable resumes, or SDSU who they beat on the road, or Notre Dame that has 11 losses.
                              Im mildly confused on how you think McDermott threw us under the bus or trashed our resume...sorry, but I dont think saying our resume is comparable to theres is a huge stretch. Yes, we do! have the better resume. Im not disputing that. But, I think what McDermott was trying to say was that our resumes do not warrant us being seeding 3 spaces apart, something Id agree with them on. I thought they deserved a 6, but no worse than a 7. Yes, some of those other teams do have similar resumes, but I think reasonably, that McDermott would think about in conference teams before thinking about comparing themselves to other conference teams. We are (along with other teams in the conference) are the teams he knows best. In no way did I here him trashing us...he clearly has respect for us if he's comparing their resume to ours.

GO SHOCKS! ... And jays! I want the Valley to represent and I'd like Alabama to lose, dont like them at all. Wish we hadnt drawn VCU, wanted a Power 6 school, but I think it'll be a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by cujays View Post
                                Jays fan here...just wanted to give a "jays" view on what happened. We didnt think we would or even should get a seed as good as you guys but we can hope right? We thought a 6 was where we should have been but a 7 was not terribly out of the question. We felt our resume was comparable to yours but after you beat us by 22 we should be a notch below you guys. SDSU was the one that hurt as we had very comparable resumes and we beat them at their place, and they also stumbled down the stretch as we went on a winning streak and won the conf. tournament.

I have always been a fan of WSU since Rob Kampman and company and hope you guys do really well and I think the majority of CU fans hope for the same thing as well. We are in the NCAA tournament now and we should cheer for each other just to improve the conference. Good luck against VCU...that was one team we didnt want to see! I think you guys match up better to them than us though, you guys got a great 2nd round matchup if you win as well. Roll Jays...Roll Valley.
                                I agree we should root for each other. I wish you guys luck as well in the Tournament. May we both take down our 1 seeds.

One thing tho... Don't say Roll Jays. It's so annoying

Comment

Working...
                                X