Bob Lutz: Moron or Troll?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Lutz: Moron or Troll?

Is Gregg Marshall the next coach at Illinois? That got your attention, didn’t it? But don’t tell me, Shocker basketball fans, that you haven’t considered the possibility since Bruce Weber was fired Thursday as the Illini coach. Let’s face it, Marshall has done everything, and more, that he was asked to do when he took the Wichita State job five years ago. He’s going to be one of the hottest coaching commodities in the country and Illinois has an early lead as the best job out there. ESPN’s college basketball writer Andy Katz, though, didn’t mention Marshall as a possible replacement for Weber in his blog on ESPN.com. Perhaps he knows something the rest of us don’t, but I would think Marshall would be in that upper-tier of coaches who will be highly-coveted.
    Link

Normally I think of Bob as a troll, loving to tweak Shocker fans for attention. But after reading this...
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

You forgot hack. As in, not very good. As in, the Eagle should probably fire him but they'd have a hard time finding someone else to work for the same peanuts.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Why would the be interested in a coach who claims his losses are apart of a larger conspiracy against him?

I mean thats Lutz claim isnt it?

Comment

Marshall has done everything and more than what was expected??? We've been to the NIT and won the MVC regular season once. I expect a lot more than that. Let's wait till the season is over until we say that.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
          Marshall has done everything and more than what was expected??? We've been to the NIT and won the MVC regular season once. I expect a lot more than that. Let's wait till the season is over until we say that.
          In the eyes of this clown, he has. Just goes to show you that Lutz is a putz and his expectations of what Shocker basketball should be is extremely low compared to his love affair with the northern in-state universities.

Comment

NC state job is just as good as Illinois and its in Marshall's neck of the woods, coach turned it down.
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Illinois is a better job than NC State, quite a bit better. I would be surprised if it is more attractive to Marshall, though.

Comment

Bob Lutz: Moron or Troll? YES!!

Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Moron, troll, hack and complete DB!

Comment

wish that idiot would get fired

Comment

If Marshall doesn't like the cold why would he go to Illinois? Lutz is just a trouble maker stirring the pot to get good words for his trade. He's just more annoying than most others.

Comment

I for one, am not the least bit worried about Illinois
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Forgive me if I'm showing my ignorance here but who is Bob Lutz? I live in Wichita and I'm not terribly familiar with all the different columnists from around the country.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                            Forgive me if I'm showing my ignorance here but who is Bob Lutz? I live in Wichita and I'm not terribly familiar with all the different columnists from around the country.
                            He's paid by the Eagle to give his uninformed opinion on whatever he wants. Many on here don't read him and only hear about his articles when someone brings it to this board. I won't click the link though. Lutz isn't worth the time.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              I for one, am not the least bit worried about Illinois
                              I agree, even if 3G was interested I don't see Illinois going back to the MVC well to replace a fired coach that was picked from the MVC.

Comment

Working...
                              X