No announcement yet.

Bob Lutz: Moron or Troll?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you really think what Lutz writes is trash, then you should check out his twitter account. It's just one giant facetious, negative, sarcastic feed of opinion.

I was ticked off at Lutz, just as a man, when he tweeted out during this season to the affect of "when the games get boring, I just enjoy looking at Lynn Marshall." I'd have some choice words with anyone who felt like talking about my wife like that, I don't even know if Marshall heard the comment or not, but I would imagine he'd be a little upset like I would be. I felt ashamed that a writer for the Eagle would actually tweet something like that out while covering a game.

I completely wrote Lutz off this last MVC tournament. He tweeted out before the semi-final game against Illinois State "With WSU's success of reaching the Semi-Finals in St. Louis, I've actually been asked to show ID at every stop in the arena." Seriously? You're there, covering the Shockers, for the hometown newspaper, and you're being sarcastic about our team, when this is arguably the best WSU team in 30 years... The guy is a joke.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Yes, our local media shouldn't be cheerleaders for WSU. But is it asking too much for Lutz to be respectful of it and not make light of it or write sarcastic things about it?

Anyone with a brain knows Illinois would be interested in HCGM. The real question is whether HCGM would be interested in Illinois. From HCGM's history and comments that he's made, it appears doubtful.
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        So ONE NCAA appearance is all you've expected? I love where we're headed, but he hasn't done all that's expected and/or all that can be done here. I sure as hell don't see him leaving for Illinois. If and when he chooses to leave, it's going to be for what he'd consider his final job. I don't think Illinois fits that.
        I agree with Sub. Everyone loves the direction we are going but Marshall has exactly ZERO NCAA wins at WSU. Check back next week at this time and I will be able to answer the question on expectations. :)

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
          For all the Lutz haters in this thread I would be very surprised if the HCGM camp hasn't heard from those in the Illinois athletic department......
          I just think that Lutz should treat WSU with the same respect that he treats the other major athletic programs in the state. I don't mind some negative, derogatory, or sarcastic comments (some would characterize it witty-not me). But he goes out of his way to tweak WSU much more than he does others. I've lost respect for much of what he says a long time ago because of how much more disrespectful he is towards WSU than the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
            The final sign of the apocalypse: Lutz writes a column that's insightful or intelligent.
            Thank goodness then because we are all safe. Lutz will never write such a column. (I assume that Lutz just copying and pasting a good writer's column does not count.)
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
              For all the Lutz haters in this thread I would be very surprised if the HCGM camp hasn't heard from those in the Illinois athletic department......
              A friend of mine hears from them all the time ... doesn't mean anything (except they want $$$ from an alum. :smile-new: )
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Yea I lost some respect for Bob...I guess he is just speaking his opinion, but you can tell he is a fair weather Shocker fan,

Comment

Bob just has some issue with Marshall, not sure what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                    For the right coach...right fit!!!
                    Agreed, I'm not saying its good for Marshall, but it is a damn good job.
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by hizzshock View Post
                      Pretty sure Marshall isn't the only coach to have been at WSU and had issues with Bob, and vice versa.
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Here is the great news. What is happening around us in Shocker hoops right now is not at all about Bob Lutz. Skeptics to our Program are a dime a dozen. If he even wrote an exert as positive and well written as WstateU just did, it would be more received around town. It is as if he gets a 'free lunch' but does not seem to appreciate our Program, even when we are successful. Look at the posts on here and it shows that he has his fair share of enemies, both here and I think within our own Shocker Program. Even if he was trying to be positive, that seems so very sad. Yes, WSU has a shot at doing well right now and other teams will want our Coach. Right now, we are focused on winning games at the Big Dance, no matter what Bob thinks.
                        Last edited by forevershockerfan; March 11, 2012, 12:13 PM.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by hizzshock View Post
                          Probably stems from the post game presser a few years ago where Bob asked Marshall another one of his moronic yes/no questions and Marshall lit him up like a Christmas tree. His ego got crushed because of that and has never been the same since.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I am pretty sure the "worst loss in the history of the program" column was the genesis of Marshall's contempt. Bob is a columnist. If we are talking about him he is doing his job.

To his credit, Bob saw through Randy Smithson well before most of Shocker Nation did, or would admit.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                              Illinois is a really really good job.
                              Then you should apply.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                I've never had a problem with Bob Lutz and understand why our local media shouldn't be cheerleaders for WSU.
                                Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                                Yes, our local media shouldn't be cheerleaders for WSU.
                                I couldn't disagree more. This isn't politics or economics where I believe the media should always remain unbiased. (I'm not stupid. Just give me the facts and let me make up my own mind). This is sports. The cotton candy of life. And I believe the Wichita media should always prefer and promote the black and yellow cotton candy. One of the reasons I stopped paying for the hometown fish wrap several years ago is because they had come to prefer, and routinely promote the scum in the north over the hometown team. And that's just WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!
                                "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Working...
                                X