Bob Lutz: Moron or Troll?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
    Marshall has done everything and more than what was expected??? We've been to the NIT and won the MVC regular season once. I expect a lot more than that. Let's wait till the season is over until we say that.
    Not to completely 100% disagree with you here as your much more experienced on this forum than I am, but might I refer anyone who forgot back to this thread

Greg Marshall has 100 shocker wins in 5 seasons after being left a program that was basically in shambles. He has won an average of over 20 games a season.

11-20
    17-17
    25-10
    29-8
    27-5 (so far)

Fact is they could lose the first round NCAA tourny game and still post the highest winning percentage in 5 years and 5 straight years of improvement.

No Tourny
    CBI
    NIT
    NIT Champions
    NCAA 4-6 seed.

How the heck can anyone be displeased in anyway with what he has done with this program. He has far exceeded all reasonable expectations of what he was to do with this program, he was asked to create a winning program, hes created a championship ranked program.

There is zero dissapointed with what he has done here...there should be none...nada....zilch.....he has exceeded expectations in every way.

Comment

This is groundbreaking news. Marshall may be a candidate for another job? GET OUT!!! Seriously? Our coach?! Next, i bet you try and sell me beachfront property in Cheney. Nice try, Bob. I just cant buy it. I mean, this is the first time Ive even heard such a possability. If this is true, Bob should get some kind of journalistic award. What a scoop. Wow!
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by rialaigh View Post
        Not to completely 100% disagree with you here as your much more experienced on this forum than I am, but might I refer anyone who forgot back to this thread

Greg Marshall has 100 shocker wins in 5 seasons after being left a program that was basically in shambles. He has won an average of over 20 games a season.

11-20
        17-17
        25-10
        29-8
        27-5 (so far)

Fact is they could lose the first round NCAA tourny game and still post the highest winning percentage in 5 years and 5 straight years of improvement.

No Tourny
        CBI
        NIT
        NIT Champions
        NCAA 4-6 seed.

How the heck can anyone be displeased in anyway with what he has done with this program. He has far exceeded all reasonable expectations of what he was to do with this program, he was asked to create a winning program, hes created a championship ranked program.

There is zero dissapointed with what he has done here...there should be none...nada....zilch.....he has exceeded expectations in every way.
        So ONE NCAA appearance is all you've expected? I love where we're headed, but he hasn't done all that's expected and/or all that can be done here. I sure as hell don't see him leaving for Illinois. If and when he chooses to leave, it's going to be for what he'd consider his final job. I don't think Illinois fits that.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Illinois is a much better job than South Carolina. Katz is smart however in not including Marshall as a possiblity. I give Lutz a break in that he wrote an article for the non informed, casual fan introducing the fact that Marshall is a hot commodity. For those wanting serious thoughts, keep reading Shockernet.
          In the fast lane

Comment

This sounds like a retaliation article against Marshall. Sort of a "you better at least respect me Coach Marshall or I can make your life miserable" article.

this broke the camels back for me. I wasn't sure if Lutz was a jerk but now all doubt has been removed. What an ahole.

Comment

I agree with trop

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                this broke the camels back for me. I wasn't sure if Lutz was a jerk but now all doubt has been removed. What an ahole.
                That happened when he and Bruce started the radio show and I realized he sounded as dumb as he wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                  he sounded as dumb as he wrote.
                  Is that humanly possible?
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    So ONE NCAA appearance is all you've expected? I love where we're headed, but he hasn't done all that's expected and/or all that can be done here. I sure as hell don't see him leaving for Illinois. If and when he chooses to leave, it's going to be for what he'd consider his final job. I don't think Illinois fits that.
                    He hasn't done all that can be done here, but realistically given what was left when Turgeon took off, I think he did all that could have been expected of him in his first five years. We should have made the NCAA tournament last year, so that might be a negative against him ... but I'll take an NIT championship over a first/second round NCAA tourney loss, so it's a wash.

I don't know that there's anything more that I could have expected of him for where the program is now from where it was five years ago. He can certainly do more in the future.
                    Originally posted by BleacherReport
                    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Illinois is a really really good job.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I expect him to let all of his kids graduate from highschool in Andover or anywhere else in the Wichita area.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          I expect him to let all of his kids graduate from highschool in Andover or anywhere else in the Wichita area.
                          If this is true lets hope they have another kid soon!

Comment

The Illinois basketball program may not have to wait that long to find a new head coach. Dan Wolken of The Daily reports that VCU head coach Shaka Smart may be gravitating towards ...
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by rialaigh View Post

11-20
                              17-17
                              25-10
                              29-8
                              27-5 (so far)

No Tourny
                              CBI
                              NIT
                              NIT Champions
                              NCAA 4-6 seed.

Very well said

Comment

If the pattern continues we only have to worry about Wisconsin.
                                Winthrop
                                Wichita State

Wisconsin (?)

Comment

Working...
                                X