No announcement yet.

Bob Lutz: Moron or Troll?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lutz's hobby is writing **** that gets you to talk about him. He's not good enough to work in a bigger market so he's stuck here in Wichita with his ego.

Comment

Bob obviously wrote this while sitting on the toilet. It's the only way he could come up with this (non)original s%&t....
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
        If the pattern continues we only have to worry about Wisconsin.
        Winthrop
        Wichita State

Wisconsin (?)
        or Wake Forest....

Comment

Illinois has an "old home" theme. Weber from IL back to SIU. Self in the hot seat for losing tonight goes back to IL. Since, at this time of year, Marshall must go anywhere but stay at WSU, goes to NE. Randy Smithson jumps in on an interim basis to guide WSU through the NCAA's.
          Phi Alpha

Comment

I don't think Marshall would go to a state that doesn't serve grits . . .

I know what you're thinking . . . I heard there are special grit airlifts from South carolina to Wichita once a week.
            If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
              If the pattern continues we only have to worry about Wisconsin.
              Winthrop
              Wichita State

Wisconsin (?)
              Webraska?
              If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

The final sign of the apocalypse: Lutz writes a column that's insightful or intelligent.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

For all the Lutz haters in this thread I would be very surprised if the HCGM camp hasn't heard from those in the Illinois athletic department......

Comment

Marshall has now proven he can make a team from the non-BCS regime a Top 20 program. He has proven he can get the athletes here and win, and win in copious amounts. He is adored here. He is king. Basketball is first and foremost in the pecking order in the athletic department and in the city. He gets anything he wants. If he can do that here, why would we wanna go to Illinois or some in-betweener basketball "power" school and lose a few of those attributes in the process? The only thing that would be the difference is the pay structure. Sure, it's important, but he's making over a million year and that is increasing as his contract continues. I'm not sure Marshall is all about the money. Yeah, it's nice, but he's making a pretty good amount of coin here. He has now proven he can take one of the best players in Illinois to WSU. It's a special situation and it will be a special one for him to leave. It will happen someday, but today? I doubt it. Kids are still in high school. Best recruiting class he has ever assembled coming in. Worshiped by Wichita.

If Illinois is the best that comes calling, I think we're in good shape. Just enjoy the ride, hopefully a long ride, that begins next week.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                      For all the Lutz haters in this thread I would be very surprised if the HCGM camp hasn't heard from those in the Illinois athletic department......
                      Would the ad give that permission right now?

Comment

The Chicago area is very difficult to recruit. Special handling required. Shaka Smart knows this type of kid -- his team is full of them. He speaks their language. He would, at least as far as recruiting, be successful at Illinois.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                          Marshall will hear from almost any program that finds him an attractive candidate and has the money to hire him. That's not the point. The point is that many articles from many "experts" have written about the various coaching jobs. Almost anyone on this forum could have written an article/blogpost that was more inciteful, and it would have taken less effort than he apparently put into this one.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                            Illinois is a really really good job.
                            For the right coach...right fit!!!

Comment

I've never had a problem with Bob Lutz and understand why our local media shouldn't be cheerleaders for WSU. Saying that, I would encourage Bob to write a follow-up column listing the numerous reasons why coach Marshall should stay.

Here’s my ‘nickel’ on why coach Marshall WILL stay…

1. "Fred is a coach's dream as a point guard both on the floor and off," Marshall said. "He is a young man who is precocious and because of that he plays beyond his years in terms of decision-making and toughness. His AAU team, the Primetime Ballers in Rockford, Ill., had an outstanding summer with a 54-8 record for coach Anthony "Doc" Cornell. His high school team, Rockford Auburn, was successful a year ago and is expected to have a tremendous season with Fred running the show and Coach Bryan Ott calling the shots."

2. "Cleanthony Early at 6-foot-8 is the most complete offensive player I have recruited in my tenure at Wichita State," Marshall said. "He can score the ball any way you'd like him to, in transition, off the glass, in the post, on the perimeter and by putting it on the deck. While continuing to refine his game under the tutelage of Coach Kevin DeVantier at Sullivan Community College, I think Cleanthony is in store for a great year. Cleanthony is one of the most highly touted junior college players in the country."

3. "My staff did a wonderful job of putting together this dynamic class," Marshall said. "We got our first choice in several of these young men."

WICHITA, Kan. - Fifth-year head coach Gregg Marshall has announced the signing four players to National Letters-of-Intent to play men's basketball at Wichita State beginning with the 2012-13 season.

4. If he truly believes we can compete for a national championship, why would he leave for a rebuilding job at a BCS program that has a higher level of risk? I could be totally off base, but I don’t see coach Marshall fitting in at a high level BCS program… he doesn’t have the personality for it. He relishes the underdog role and wasn’t raised on BCS teat.

5. I’ve always felt we should be a top 25 program regardless of our league affiliation. We have tremendous resources and a dedicated fan base that many BCS programs would love to have. It’s time that we retain a coach for an extended period of time (10-15 years). Let’s face it; we’re a HIGH MAJOR program playing in a non BCS conference. From now to infinity, we need to strive to be the very best non BCS program in the country. It starts with retaining coach Marshall at any cost. Coach has unfinished business here and I don’t see him packing his bags and backing down from a challenge. I’m sure many of us will worry with every written and spoken rumor the next several weeks. At the end of the day, I expect the Marshall’s to be king of "Doo-Dah" for several more years.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Both
                                First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Working...
                                X