Clear All

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Feversbitch22
    Why's it got to be 22?
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Up you go
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
        Up you go
        Did he get another secret raise?
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Did he get another secret raise?
          if he did we won’t find out for another 6 months or so…

Comment

• I do agree that the assistants had a lot to do with Marshall’s success. It wasn’t to the point of Painter making Weber’s career. But after Weber left SIU and was followed Painter and then Lowry, it became very obvious how much Painter was responsible for SIU’s success.

Again, not saying Jans and Haier made the program, but if Marshall had poor or mediocre assistants, I’m not sure the rise to prominence on the heals of Turgeon cracking the door open ever happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
              I do agree that the assistants had a lot to do with Marshall’s success. It wasn’t to the point of Painter making Weber’s career. But after Weber left SIU and was followed Painter and then Lowry, it became very obvious how much Painter was responsible for SIU’s success.

Again, not saying Jans and Haier made the program, but if Marshall had poor or mediocre assistants, I’m not sure the rise to prominence on the heals of Turgeon cracking the door open ever happens.

How would you describe IB and two guys straight out of coaching in prep schools with no experience at the college level?

Comment

• One need look no further than who was on the bench at the start with Marshall.

Chris Jans > Matt Painter

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

How would you describe IB and two guys straight out of coaching in prep schools with no experience at the college level?
                  Well I don’t anticipate that anyone will be on a message board in ten years, debating which coach/assistant was most responsible for all the wild success.

Comment

• Lol! This is such a dumb conversation. Now we’re equating Marshall to Weber. Some of ya’ll have lost yo damn minds. Like Shaq Morris level lost yo mind…

Comment

• I don’t think Marshall and Weber are the same but I do think Marshall had great assistants and the level of play took a noticeable dip when we lost them.

That isn’t a knock on Marshall. It’s just what happens when you lose high level talent.

Comment

• FHCGM made his assistants better as well. Chris Jans said working for him was like getting a PhD in basketball. Forbes said something similar.

Comment

• Anyone remember the game at home when we were playing like ASS and in the middle of the game, not a timeout, Gregg spun around and absolutely TORE NEW ASSHOLES on every coach on the bench to make a point?

Those guys got engaged and that game turned on an effing dime.

I so miss those days.

#Accountability

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Anyone remember the game at home when we were playing like ASS and in the middle of the game, not a timeout, Gregg spun around and absolutely TORE NEW ASSHOLES on every coach on the bench to make a point?

Those guys got engaged and that game turned on an effing dime.

I so miss those days.

#Accountability
                            I’ve seen him rip into assistants, probably for anything from “why did you recruit this guy” to “what film were you watching when you scouted them” to “why are we running a play that I’ve never seen before”. Those were fun times.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I’ve seen him rip into assistants, probably for anything from “why did you recruit this guy” to “what film were you watching when you scouted them” to “why are we running a play that I’ve never seen before”. Those were fun times.
                              One of the great things about going to Shocker games in person was being able to keep an eye on FHCGM the whole game. Worth the price of admission.

Comment

• To this day, I jiggle my wrist in appreciation from time to time.
                                Last edited by WuDrWu; April 3, 2022, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X