No announcement yet.

Boatright Stealth Extended?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else has been online stalked by Patty?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
      Who else has been online stalked by Patty?
      Yep, before she blocked me on Facebook.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Gregg Marshalls contracts are a matter of public record.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerlady View Post
          After Lynn's antics at the tournament there was a clause added to GMs contract. Any fines that rise from GM himself or any member of his family's behavior that the school would not be responsible for payment. So I am guessing they added that for no reason.
          Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Proof?
          There was an amendment to Marshall's contract in July 2017 and one of the things mentioned in it was fines based on a family's behavior would be the responsibility of the coach. That clause was mentioned a little on this board in the past when I first posted the link to the 2017 contract amendment. The clause has since been added to all the new coaching contracts if I remember right. I'd link to the 2017 amendment and an example of the clause in other coaches contracts now as well, but WSU removed them all from the open records web site and I haven't been able to find them online anywhere else.
          Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

There is one poster here who I believe is actually "in the know" and while he was a Marshall supporter I have never heard him say these claims were bullshit.

​​​​​​A physical altercation between Marshall and one of his assistants at a booster's house was reported here well before this whole sorry episode came to light.

​​​​​​For Marshall to come out and say he's "never physically struck a player or colleague" or "not be demeaning or abusive" and have nobody, to my knowledge, come in and corroborate that is telling.

None of that really ****ing matters at this point because he is two seasons gone. Whether he got railroaded on completely fabricated charges, did it all and more, if you don't care as long as we won, it doesn't matter. He will never be the WSU coach again. Period. Meanwhile, we have a toad AD, an overwhelmed coach, and the foundations of college athletics are shifting underneath our feet. The solution to this according to a number of posters is "we shouldn't have fired Marshall." As if there were some time machine to take us back to 2020.

Wichita State ain't Harvard, but I learned enough logic and management to know that the solutions to our problems require addressing our actual problems not praying for a messianic return of the king.

​​
            THIS..

We are re-entering the dark ages of Wichita State Basketball. Just too many things happened at once. Jumping ship to the American wasn’t the best long term decision, we tarred and feathered Marshall and now are stuck paying him a boat load of cash for the next 5 years or so? IB was not a good hire. Garbage hire actually. Boatright has proven his worth, we need to move on…. All this going on, while yes, the landscape of college athletics is shifting and changing whether we are prepared for it or not. I don’t have a lot of confidence in WSU right now, but I hope they get it figured out by 2050 or so

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post

THIS..

We are re-entering the dark ages of Wichita State Basketball. Just too many things happened at once. Jumping ship to the American wasn’t the best long term decision, we tarred and feathered Marshall and now are stuck paying him a boat load of cash for the next 5 years or so? IB was not a good hire. Garbage hire actually. Boatright has proven his worth, we need to move on…. All this going on, while yes, the landscape of college athletics is shifting and changing whether we are prepared for it or not. I don’t have a lot of confidence in WSU right now, but I hope they get it figured out by 2050 or so

Our major donors aren’t getting any younger

Comment

You all act like Patty was to blame for GMs bad behavior. As an Educator and an employee of the University she was obligated to report the abuse. I think you will find most of the players that you think she was stalking actually respect her and are her friends.
                Tell us you don't know what the F you're talking about without telling us you don't know what the F you're talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Tell us you don't know what the F you're talking about without telling us you don't know what the F you're talking about.
                  More like tell us you’re Patty B without telling us you’re Patty B. Although yours goes hand in hand with that also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

There was an amendment to Marshall's contract in July 2017 and one of the things mentioned in it was fines based on a family's behavior would be the responsibility of the coach. That clause was mentioned a little on this board in the past when I first posted the link to the 2017 contract amendment. The clause has since been added to all the new coaching contracts if I remember right. I'd link to the 2017 amendment and an example of the clause in other coaches contracts now as well, but WSU removed them all from the open records web site and I haven't been able to find them online anywhere else.
                    Thanks for the info. Didn’t know about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Our major donors aren’t getting any younger
                      This is a massive problem in charitable giving that's not going away.

Will Gen X and millennial heirs continue to give on the same level and to the same causes as their parents?

Biggest push I'm seeing in the nonprofit world is trying to switch giving to the endowments and getting bequests written in to donors' estate plans. Relying on a shrinking pool of donors for annual support is a bad business plan.

Many of these big businesses do not have the talent or interest in the pool of heirs to continue managing the operation. Retiring principals are looking to smaller private equity outfits and/or ESOPs to liquidate their holdings and transfer their wealth. An absolute sea change.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Why is it that I have anything I post questioned but if a guy confirms it then it's the gospel?

Comment

Why is it that I have anything I post questioned but if a guy confirms it then it's the gospel?
                          Because all 11 of your posts in the two weeks you have been here have been about 1 subject.

Youre not a Shocker fan. You’re just a Marshall hater. Again, try to find something else to consume your life with.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Why is it that I have anything I post questioned but if a guy confirms it then it's the gospel?
                            Shouldn't you be packing your things for Nashville Patty?

Comment

• In general I just find anyone that wants so badly to cling to the players a little creepy. A few weeks ago some 50/60-something (and yes I'm almost in that age group) "fan" boasted on one of the FB fan groups they obtained RCIV phone number. What if the tables were turned and some overweight middle aged dude was seeking the phone numbers of volleyball players?

These student athletes need space not suffocation.

Comment

• You could not be more wrong. I don't hate GM but I hate what people allowed him to do to the program. We were respected but now we are a joke. You all walked around with your blinders on and pretended everything was hunky dory and act shocked when the facts are right in front of you.

Comment

Working...
                                X