• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two words: Chris Jans

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
      Two words: Chris Jans
      I love Jan’s…. He has a great win/loss record…. With that stated - per Kenpom his team is worse than WSU and I fully expect WSU to improve in overall ratings as the season progresses.

NMSU hasn’t gone through a program killing event.

Comment

• I feel pretty confident that his NMSU team would beat us on a neutral court. Regardless of what KenPom says.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Taylor with an interesting article. It appears the critical play from UCF had 3 blown calls. Perry travelled, it was out of bounds off Perry, then on the in bounds mahan went out of bounds and was the first to touch it which should have been a violation.

Comment

• He did travel, but that's a travel that is rarely called. The out of bounds is still debatable. Video evidence didn't definitively show either way. I'd have to watch the video again, but if he had reestablished himself inbounds there was nothing wrong with him touching it as technically the ball was still in possession of a teammate and it wasn't a loose ball scenario. So once he was inbounds again he was perfectly fine to be passed to.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Missed the ending but saw the result. Looks like SMU was just a mirage.

Comment

• Taylor, I truly think you are an excellent writer and cover the Shockers well. BUT, don’t you get tired hearing the same things over and over and over and over and over coming out of the players’ and coach’s mouth after these losses?
                Last edited by Singeril; February 9, 2022, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Building a better bench should be HCIB's number one priority this offseason. You can tell players to protect the ball and not turn it over till the end of time, but the only way to reinforce ball security is to have other options when guys are making mistakes. It's clear the only (somewhat) trusted bench guys are Pohto and Jackson. It's hard to win consistently when you have to rely on five players (Udeze, Dennis, Council, Etienne, Porter) to carry the team most games.

On a lighter note, I find it very amusing that Craig Porter can only seem to hit, or even take, three pointers when he uses his step back move off the dribble.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                    On a lighter note, I find it very amusing that Craig Porter can only seem to hit, or even take, three pointers when he uses his step back move off the dribble.
                    This is one of those things i just can't understand. Porter has the highest 3pt % on the team at 37 percent ... nearly completely on step backs it seems. Yet he freezes when he's wide open from 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

This is one of those things i just can't understand. Porter has the highest 3pt % on the team at 37 percent ... nearly completely on step backs it seems. Yet he freezes when he's wide open from 3.
                      This is why it is baffling in late game situations he is playing the 2 guard role to TE at the 1. It just doesn't make any sense to me at all since both players are much better in the other role.

Comment

• I understand the "learning on the job" criticism of IB's hire, but I've been happier with in-game adjustments and rotations the last 3-4 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He is 7th in volume of 3pt shooting on team. He has had 7 game where he has been an effective 3pt shooter and 10 games where he has not been (I have called hitting 33% or > as effective from 3, and <33% or not taking a 3pt shot as ineffective).

So I would say the reason he freezes is he lacks confidence.

Comment

• 189th on KenPom in adjusted offense, sandwiched squarely between two offensive juggernauts: North Dakota State - I have a few friends who are Bison grads and they are frustrated by their abysmal offense, and Quinnipiac.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                              I understand the "learning on the job" criticism of IB's hire, but I've been happier with in-game adjustments and rotations the last 3-4 games.
                              Settling for 8th place feels pretty good.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

In the past, you could look at how you finished the season and maybe project better things for next year. But with the PORTAL, you won't be able to count on your good players returning next year.
                                Good point.

Other than CF, who have we signed through the portal that has really panned out over the last ten years? Blair, Coleby, Grady were okay. It has definitely been a negative sum game for us and one of the reasons I am bitter about college basketball.

I would like to go through the other AAC rosters and see how many transfers each one of them have and who are solid contributors. You can turn a good nucleus into a shell because of the portal, or you can turn a mediocre team into a good one in a years time.

Comment

Working...
                                X