• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocktheheck View Post

Maybe he can land another Joe....
    Maybe he can land another Pohto?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      Porter passes up a wide open shot to take a tough one
      Doesn’t that describe TE on every possession?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktheheck View Post

What ever gave you the idea that this team is capable of that? We get outplayed in nearly if not every facet of the game all season. It's nice to dream and believe, but at some point face reality, we are not very good. We occasionally show some growth and give us hope and then opps there goes gravity....
        The fact that we came back from 14 down at the half to make THIS game close gave me that idea. It wasn't like UCF was playing lights out in the 2nd half. Who knows how this game would have gone if the out of bounds play review had gone the Shocks' way which it probably should have.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 8, 2022, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• That was an impressive moral victory.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            Not only did they miss the call at the end on the out of bounds
            they couldn't even get it right with slow mo. On top of that the
            guy clearly traveled, as well. Two TO's in a half second and
            neither one called. TE so much better when he doesn't handle
            the ball. Effort wasn't there the first half and that is where we lost it.
            He did travel.

Comment

• Darren Boatright,

While most of the non-revenue sports are doing “ok”, the money maker (Mens Basketball) isn’t. This is primarily on you and IB.

What are thw two of you going to do to fix it?
              a. Sit on your ass and hope something gets better?
              b. Just simply quit so Shocker Nation can movw on

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
                Darren Boatright,

While most of the non-revenue sports are doing “ok”, the money maker (Mens Basketball) isn’t. This is primarily on you and IB.

What are thw two of you going to do to fix it?
                a. Sit on your ass and hope something gets better?
                b. Just simply quit so Shocker Nation can movw on
                Boatright is just collecting his paychecks at this point. Just coasting. It’s not really IB’s fault that he was pushed into a Top 50 job with zero head coaching experience and a sweetheart contract.

Darron Boatright is the head of the snake. If the snake’s head is not severed in June, then WSU athletics as we know it, will be in DEEP, DEEP shite.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Meanwhile, Pres Muma continues to support, like and retweet all his D&I agenda. (See his Twitter). No support of traditional college kids. I would be surprised, yet ok, if he has any clue at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Boatright is just collecting his paychecks at this point. Just coasting. It’s not really IB’s fault that he was pushed into a Top 50 job with zero head coaching experience and a sweetheart contract.

Darron Boatright is the head of the snake. If the snake’s head is not severed in June, then WSU athletics as we know it, will be in DEEP, DEEP shite.
                    100% agree. Can’t go into details, but this is very accurate.

Comment

• You might try a timeout when you go down the court 3 or 4 times with a chance to tie it and create a big swing but the team is not seizing the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

While I think you have been harsh on this team in some areas, you are absolutely correct here. IB is who he is and a lot of this was known and understood at the time he was hired. He is a good man and by all accounts a high character guy. Which is awesome. I love that.

But instead of choosing the best path forward for the program over the next 5-10 years, ADDB chose nepotism and the easiest path forward for him in the short term. And he can’t be blind to that. Has he said or done anything publicly recently? (Genuine question as I’m not as close to the program or the university as I used to be). He must answer for that.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• My thoughts:

1) the team is still trending in the right direction. The players and coaches need to keep working because the results will come

2) UCF cut us like a buzz saw in the first half - powered by forced and unforced turnovers (many of them while forcing the ball into the paint).

3) the team still fights and claws. They wobbled in this regard midway through this season, but the fight has been solid for at least the last five games

4) the last few minutes were full of “would have-could have-should have” moments:

A) Ricky’s and1 foul on out of bounds play.. he can’t fall asleep

B) Ricky’s off-balanced runner after getting a hard fought for offensive rebound (Ricky is improving and has been really solid at home - we just need him to improve his performance “floor” on the road)

C) Down two with under a minute left - I wish Craig passed the ball to Tyson… Craig beat his guy and got Tyson’s guy to help. It would have been a catch and shoot opportunity to take the lead or get a long rebound

D) As a coach, I foul or hard trap on the UCF possession that ended in a three point play. I know it was a two point game and many successive coaches let their defense make a final stand, but I want as many opportunities as possible to close the gap when down late…

E) it was a complete mystery to me why it was UCF’s ball on the final and1… combine that with our defense giving up a baseline cut and it is enough to make you sick. I know that exact scenario was discussed and we just broke down.

Keep the faith Shockernet

Comment

• I keep getting invested into this team and they keep letting me down.
                            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                              I keep getting invested into this team and they keep letting me down.
                              Keep investing, but understand that this team is a work in progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

Keep investing, but understand that this team is a work in progress.
                                In the past, you could look at how you finished the season and maybe project better things for next year. But with the PORTAL, you won't be able to count on your good players returning next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X