Gregg Marshall Reprimanded by MVC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    Apparently not, some of you were appalled when I even posted the rules of this POS conference.

Someone called me an attention whore (or is it hoe?) and someone else told me I was a ADES lover.
    I actually called you an attention whore because if the first thread wasnt bad enough you made a whole new thread to keep things coming.

You're my shocker brethren and its on every die hard shocker hard to call out his brethren during their moment of perraultness

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
      They just don't know you like I know you...you're just a plain old everyday hoe.
      Only for you, sweet cheeks.

Back to Clamdip's question- how do Weems and Cuonzo not get public reprimands for their behavior last year? It's garbage like this that leads to vendetta/conspiracy theories. Oh, that and the MVC baseball tourney getting moved around even though we are the only ones that draw fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
        I actually called you an attention whore because if the first thread wasnt bad enough you made a whole new thread to keep things coming.

You're my shocker brethren and its on every die hard shocker hard to call out his brethren during their moment of perraultness
        Alright, fair enough. Just didn't think people were getting the message loud and clear that the issue wasn't over.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          How about we only buy from scalpers or other fans. We stay somewhere in Illinois and refuse to spend money at the arena or that area.

Better?
          I like this idea. Take it a step farther and be like swomo or siu and just drive in for Sunday, leave Saturday pm get a cheap room in KC and roll in Sunday am. I left the Lou at 4:50pm Saturday and was home on the west side at 11:05 that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
            Some thoughts:
            - I was disappointed in the post game reaction initially, but came around to the fact that this is part of what makes GM the coach he is - and it comes as part of a package.
            - If an employee of mine (putting muself in Eric Sexton's shoes) drafted the response Greg sent out today, I would have insisted he lose the last sentence to simply protect him. There is nothing to gain here by saying, essentially, FU. And, if he sent it out without discussing it with me, we would have a serious discussion about it. I think part of Eric's job is to provide counsel to Greg and help protect him - of course, it is possible he did just that and we are seeing the "sanitized" version.
            - A smart boss told me a long time ago "If you take the high road you won't find much traffic there", and it has proven itself many times. I don't think this is any different. You have to pick your hills to fight your battles and some are just not worth it.
            - i really do love Marshall as our coach, but I honestly think he has backed Elgin in a corner with his response - almost a dare - and Elgin could play his ace and suspend Greg for a game in the NCAAs - I truly hope that does not happen, but there are some big egos in play here.
            - This might get me slammed, but I wonder if the same scenario had occured on Sunday with the same game dynamics and Greg Mcdermott made the same comments what people here would think - just wondering - but, I'll answer that myself - I have to come to realize the word "fan" indeed does come from the word "fanatic" - and we need fans who feel that strongly about our coach, our players, our team. I am proud to be one.

-
            Well, you don't have to be a rocket scientist or have a basketball brain like Red Auerbach to know that Coach Marshall has already gone over and over the tape of that game with a fine tooth comb... watching, with his players present, mind you, Wilkins knee Stutz over and over.

Coach won't give in like that, and I don't blame him. Send that tape to Elgin, with a nice little note attatched.

Comment

HCGM loves to play cards in his spare time. He knows exactly what he is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                Well, you don't have to be a rocket scientist or have a basketball brain like Red Auerbach to know that Coach Marshall has already gone over and over the tape of that game with a fine tooth comb... watching, with his players present, mind you, Wilkins knee Stutz over and over.

Coach won't give in like that, and I don't blame him. Send that tape to Elgin, with a nice little note attatched.
                Actually,
                I was not far from that horrible workover and I was appalled - just want this to get left in the rear view mirror and let a terrific performance in the tournament do the speaking . . .
                If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  Apparently not, some of you were appalled when I even posted the rules of this POS conference.

Someone called me an attention whore (or is it hoe?) and someone else told me I was a ADES lover.
                  You were right.

Comment

- i really do love Marshall as our coach, but I honestly think he has backed Elgin in a corner with his response - almost a dare - and Elgin could play his ace and suspend Greg for a game in the NCAAs - I truly hope that does not happen, but there are some big egos in play here.
                    Can a conference commish suspend a coach in the NCAA tournament? I thought only the NCAA could do that.

I was under the impression the only punishment the conference could put out would be during things the conference had control over ... conference games, conference tournaments, etc.

I don't think I've ever seen a conference suspend a coach for games the conference wasn't in control of.
                    Originally posted by BleacherReport
                    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YglrzDO2etA

N
                      uff said...
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

does anyone know of a link to the full post-game press conference?

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                          Can a conference commish suspend a coach in the NCAA tournament? I thought only the NCAA could do that.

I was under the impression the only punishment the conference could put out would be during things the conference had control over ... conference games, conference tournaments, etc.

I don't think I've ever seen a conference suspend a coach for games the conference wasn't in control of.
                          Yes, according to the bylaws, they can.

Comment

I haven't read all the responses, but rather than boycott the tourney next year. Have a stripe-out. Have all of the WSU fans wear referee shirts and sunglasses (Ray Charles RayBans)...
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

To see Coach's passion, dedication to the game and his team is friggin AWESOME! He is one savvy character. I loved his line about how you deal with a loss like the one in STL. His dedication to his beliefs happens to be one of the reasons I signed up for the upcoming Marshall golf classic. About time someones takes a stand against Elign. BTW, I will support the Shox in all ways that I can but will not dump another penny into the MVC tourney and STL local economy. Time to vote with my feet.
                              When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

Actually,
                                I was not far from that horrible workover and I was appalled - just want this to get left in the rear view mirror and let a terrific performance in the tournament do the speaking . . .
                                I wish the recruiting page would pick up. BUTTT NOOOO (John Belushi). They went and reprimanded Coach today. Sh*t.

Hey, didn't Van Vleet/Rockford play tonight?

Comment

Working...
                                X