Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shock4life View Post
    Does this just mean he will be fined?
    I just think it means they are publicly declaring that his comments were mean and they didn't like them. I doubt he gets suspended and I doubt he gets fined.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
      You can tell the Valley that they can blow me.
      Yep, blow me where the Pampers is.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

Are they referencing the post game press conference or his comments to Mike Kennedy?

I didn't think he said anything in the presser to warrant a reprimand. The radio show on the other hand...
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
          Are they referencing the post game press conference or his comments to Mike Kennedy?

I didn't think he said anything in the presser to warrant a reprimand. The radio show on the other hand...
          Either one is "public criticism" and he can be reprimanded for either. Even if he said it at the end of the season Shocker Banquet he could get reprimanded if one of the news outlets ran with it and the MVC found out.

Comment

Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
            I just think it means they are publicly declaring that his comments were mean and they didn't like them. I doubt he gets suspended and I doubt he gets fined.
            I'm confident this will be as far as it goes.

Comment

I've always thought that some refs that do a lot of Valley games don't do a very good job with big men who bang around the basket. I've always thought this was a disservice to big guys who play in the Valley on good teams. By the time they get ticky tacked for bumping all season it screws them up for the post season. Especially against physical conferences.

Marshall should be frustrated because he can't prepare his bigs mentally if every bump gets called. Paul Miller had this issue and now Stutz.

Comment

Originally posted by top20shock View Post
                I've always thought that some refs that do a lot of Valley games don't do a very good job with big men who bang around the basket. I've always thought this was a disservice to big guys who play in the Valley on good teams. By the time they get ticky tacked for bumping all season it screws them up for the post season. Especially against physical conferences.

Marshall should be frustrated because he can't prepare his bigs mentally if every bump gets called. Paul Miller had this issue and now Stutz.
                I don't know? We seemed handle it OK during our NIT run last year.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by XManCometh View Post
                  I think the "the MVC got what they wanted" quote did him in.
                  I think he also said something about looking forward to playing on a neutral court. Which I'm sure didn't endear him to the MVC brass.

Sounds like the WSU athletic department was also reprimanded for breaking post-game protocol. I would think that kind of thing is what the DOBO should be on top of, but who knows exactly how that went down. 3G indicated on his show last night the several peope had the opportunity to tell him not your turn.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 6, 2012, 09:11 PM.

Comment

I watched the game again last night and saw Wilkens kneeing Garrett between the legs on several occasions. I'm not talking soft taps either. I'm talking Ultimate Fight type of knee kicks from the back side as Garrett was trying to post up. I commend Garrett for taking it as long as he did because would have only accepted two of those before the fight was on. I realize that pushing, holding and the like are part of the game, especially down low. But knee kicks to the nads? Garrett should have tracked down a ref and given him a demonstration of what was being done to him on regular occasion during the game.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      I think he also said something about looking forward to playing on a neutral court. Which I's sure didn't endear him to the MVC brass.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        I don't know? We seemed handle it OK during our NIT run last year.
                        It's different in the NIT or NCAA. Those teams all have big men who are physical around the basket. In the Valley 7ft'ers that play an inside game versus the typical Valley 6'-10" guy who plays an inside/ outside game are rare. I think those guys get penalized. I went to every WSU home game in 2006 and remember individual moments where Miller would get a foul called on him for just being a big guy. IMO there is a bias. I'm not saying it's intentional but I do believe it exists.
                        Last edited by top20shock; March 6, 2012, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Sounds like the WSU athletic department was also reprimanded for breaking post-game protocol. I would think that kind of thing is what the DOBO should be on top of, but who knows exactly how that went down. 3G indicated on his show last night the several people had the opportunity to tell him not your turn.
                          Oops, let's blame Eric Sexton...

Comment

According to Marshall on the coach's show, even the MVC staffers had no problem letting us go first into the press room. Why reprimand WSU if the MVC staffers who were specifically asked didn't inform them it was against protocol?

Comment

Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                              I watched the game again last night and saw Wilkens kneeing Garrett between the legs on several occasions. I'm not talking soft taps either. I'm talking Ultimate Fight type of knee kicks from the back side as Garrett was trying to post up. I commend Garrett for taking it as long as he did because would have only accepted two of those before the fight was on. I realize that pushing, holding and the like are part of the game, especially down low. But knee kicks to the nads? Garrett should have tracked down a ref and given him a demonstration of what was being done to him on regular occasion during the game.
                              Yes, he was doing that, blatantly. I'm not sure how he got away with it. I stand by Coach Marshall's latest press release, following the reprimand, 100%.

Comment

Where's McDermott's reprimand for the verbal assault on one of his players?

Where's Jank's reprimand for sending in a thug and not scheduling up per conference mandate?

And they should add a new Lowery clause to the list of offences for causing a stench smelt in 5 states.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X