"The Curse of Teddy Buckets"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Exactly. Unpolished and raw, yes. Hyped because they just won a huge game, absolutely. Not for everyone but that is what March Madness is about. And he is by far not the first player to jaw with opposing players, coaches, and fans.
    Is Teddy brash and unfiltered?
    Oh yea and then some.
    But I'll refer to an old quote from Joe DiMaggio..."It ain't bragging, if you can do it."
    Teddy obviously can and those who can not are jealous.

With Teddy in mind, even more kudos to CJ, who apparently has been successful in keeping Teddy under semi-control.
    Which is something 5 other coaches/programs were unable to do.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
      With Teddy in mind, even more kudos to CJ, who apparently has been successful in keeping Teddy under semi-control.
      Which is something 5 other coaches/programs were unable to do.
      Watching Teddy, it feels like he is a ticking time bomb. I hope he can keep it together in the tournament. I haven't watched much of his play this season, but I wonder how he reacts when things aren't going his way. Certainly there will be some adversity at some point. Is he a great player, yes (both offense and defense), but I personally don't like his act. Reminds me too much of that jerk from Mississippi, Marshall Henderson, with his jawing at the opposing player and fans. I don't recall anyone liking that guy much. I think he just gets a pass because he plays for CJ and was on the Shockers roster at one point.

Comment

• Originally posted by eeshocker View Post

Watching Teddy, it feels like he is a ticking time bomb. I hope he can keep it together in the tournament. I haven't watched much of his play this season, but I wonder how he reacts when things aren't going his way. Certainly there will be some adversity at some point. Is he a great player, yes (both offense and defense), but I personally don't like his act. Reminds me too much of that jerk from Mississippi, Marshall Henderson, with his jawing at the opposing player and fans. I don't recall anyone liking that guy much. I think he just gets a pass because he plays for CJ and was on the Shockers roster at one point.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Wow, his brother is a spitting image of him!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

The one thing I will say about Teddy last night. Is at least he was doing it in front of a big section of his own fans last night and not a section of UConn fans.

Still don't care for the antics and it is over the top. But he was more pumping up his own crowd rather than taunting at those particular moments.

The crowd in front of him seems to be enjoying it quite a bit: (forward to the 2:40 mark for an example)

Last edited by shockerfan; March 18, 2022, 05:27 PM.
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Anyone else notice, when Teddy went on tv after the game for interviews he had a coach with him that appeared to be his handler? Most of the time you don’t see assistants following the player to be interviewed by the TV crew. This shows to me Jans knows he needs supervision, not saying it’s a bad thing just an observation.

Comment

• Teddy surfaces again...

Jane Asinde named conference player of the week: Senior forward Jane Asinde was named the American Athletic Conference Player of the Week on Nov. 28. She is the first Shocker to receive this award since 2018. During the game on Nov. 25 against Montana, Asinde scored a career high 19 rebounds. Against Loyola Marymount, she...

Former men’s basketball player to play for Wichita’s new semi professional basketball team:

After a redshirt season in 2018-19, Teddy Allen was released from the men’s basketball team and bounced around before finishing his college career at New Mexico State. As a guard, Allen averaged 19.6 points with a career high of 37 points while playing for the Aggies. After never playing a game in a Shocker uniform, Allen will return to Wichita to play for the Wichita Skyvikings.

This is a new minor-league basketball team that will play in The Basketball League (TBL). Their season will start in March and they will play until June. The Skyvikings will be using Charles Koch Arena for home games during the season.

Comment

• At least they picked a better name than Wind Surge

Comment

• Feel like it will be deja vu on his return to Wichita. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                      Feel like it will be deja vu on his return to Wichita. Hope I'm wrong.
                      The ncaa is gonna find a way to block him from playing in the pro league in Wichita.

Comment

Working...
                      X