"The Curse of Teddy Buckets"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

What am I wrong about? He made his shots. Most of them weren't good shots, and our players have been crucified on this board for less. My point wasn't that he wasn't hitting his shots. My point was that this wasn't good offense, but most of the board has a narrative to stick to so they're going to act like it was.
    He was also drawing more attention from UConn which allowed his team to shoot quite well. The 13-13 FT by Teddy and 0-0 by the team also show that attention.

Comment

Sure glad the NCAA denied his immediate eligibility…
      The Assman

Comment

That's the same shot w/ the same defensive coverage that this board would have called a bad shot by Tyson, so no.

Then he followed it up by slowing down a fast break so the PG could give him the ball and took a second bad three.
        37 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals on 10-24 shooting and 4-7 from three. Mic drop...

Comment

I'm not saying he is the next coming of MJ or anything and he does take his share of ill-advised shots, but anyone watching that game and not coming away impressed with his game and the NMSU team or comparing them to the debacle of WSU this season is blind. I am p!ssed because I want that to be WSU and I would want nothing more than for that to be Tyson out there ballin. But, I am also p!ssed at WSU and the administration for what they have allowed to happen and the current state of the program.

Comment

The curse is real.

Comment

our players have been crucified on this board for less.
              That because they NEVER hit their shots, and played with terrible BBIQ

Comment

What am I wrong about? He made his shots. Most of them weren't good shots, and our players have been crucified on this board for less. My point wasn't that he wasn't hitting his shots. My point was that this wasn't good offense, but most of the board has a narrative to stick to so they're going to act like it was.
                I remember FHCGM talking about Teddy's game when he was practicing with the team. He said he takes a lot of shots that were not considered good shots but had the ability to make them at a high percentage. He said there were days they couldn't guard him and he had to put a different defense in just to slow him down. I do promise that if we have anyone next year score 37 points on 24 shots I will not complain.
                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

By all rights he should have been T’d up near the end of the game and he came off as a complete ass in the post game interview. God bless CJ for putting up with that highly talented train wreck of a person and finding a way to keep him under control this season. A monumental accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                    By all rights he should have been T’d up near the end of the game and he came off as a complete ass in the post game interview. God bless CJ for putting up with that highly talented train wreck of a person and finding a way to keep him under control this season. A monumental accomplishment.
                    What did he say in post game?

Comment

• I thought he was fine.
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

What did he say in post game?
                        I cant remember exact words just thought he came across as less than humble and respectful. And lots of chirping at opposing team and fans.

Comment

• He was a little like Trump. Brash, not humble, not cute and cuddly, maybe narcissistic although in 2 minutes, how do you know. Some people like it, some hate it. They did win and he (little guy) refused to bow down to the Smug, kings of basketball. You decide if you like it/him or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                            He was a little like Trump. Brash, not humble, not cute and cuddly, maybe narcissistic although in 2 minutes, how do you know. Some people like it, some hate it. They did win and he (little guy) refused to bow down to the Smug, kings of basketball. You decide if you like it/him or not.
                            Exactly. Unpolished and raw, yes. Hyped because they just won a huge game, absolutely. Not for everyone but that is what March Madness is about. And he is by far not the first player to jaw with opposing players, coaches, and fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

That's the same shot w/ the same defensive coverage that this board would have called a bad shot by Tyson, so no.
                              A good shot is not determined by how contested the shot is. Rather, if the person shooting can make that shot often enough for the team to be successful. When Landry played for Brooklyn, a good shot for Kevin Durant was much different than a good shot for Landry. Just as a good shot for Teddy is much different than a good shot for any player on our roster this season.

Comment

• Anyone dogging Hurley is ok in my book. You just look at that guy and know he is a grade A d-bag.

Comment

Working...
                                X