Tulane at Wichita State Game Thread 1-12-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

There is a ideal world where that works in hindsight and the real world. The real world would have WSU completely crucified on a multitude of reasons (right or wrong) for not hiring IB at the end of the year.

Before all the numnuts jump on this saying I'm talking coach Brown up as a great coach... I'm not saying that at all. Just saying I understand how and why he got hired and now we are stuck with him for a few years for good or bad.
    Well....you do defend him at almost every possible moment...

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Bro, there is a wide gulf between Wichita State and New Mexico State
      Hyperbole
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Well....you do defend him at almost every possible moment...
        I actually don't. The problem is people think that pointing out that everything wasn't always sunshine and rainbows under Marshall means I'm saying Brown is an amazing coach.

It's the whole "if you don't agree 100% with me, it means your are taking the polar opposite point of view than me" philosophy that plagues our world right now .

Most all of my posts have been more of the "let's wait and see before we jump off the cliff and start talking about firing our coach in his first official year" type of posts. Especially since we can't afford to fire him even if that was a good idea. So having a fanbases calling for their head coaches job for 3 + years likely isn't going to make recruiting any easier. So why start it.

The waiting and seeing part is not going the right direction though. I'm especially concerned about not having a recruiting class next year. We didn't even fill our scholarships this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Turd Furgeson View Post

The program is broke
          We overpaid IB
          We are still paying HCGM
          Lot’s of the big $$$ split with the Marshall debacle

The anti Marshall group that led the charge to get him out are all talk no cash.

we are in deep deep poo poo
          Unfortunately we are paying the wrong people too much: Marshall (dead weight) and IB (dead coaching). You want talent? Get the Koch money over to the NIL side geniuses. You’re stuck with Brown another year, then get him some Penny Memphis FedEx recruits that even a moron can coach, and find players that take a high percentage free throw shot over a “watch me soar I am a badass dunker, oh crap I just committed a charging foul with 0.4 on the clock”. God that play pisses me off still.

NIL can be our friend too.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaShocker View Post

So our hope is to copy South Alabama's blueprint? The cancer is spreading. This program needs a real leader with high expectations ASAP
            My point is moreso that if South Alabama can get some HM talent transferring that significantly improves their program, we can definitely do the same and then some. And no disagreements on the expectations front.

Comment

I actually don't. The problem is people think that pointing out that everything wasn't always sunshine and rainbows under Marshall means I'm saying Brown is an amazing coach.

It's the whole "if you don't agree 100% with me, it means your are taking the polar opposite point of view than me" philosophy that plagues our world right now .

Most all of my posts have been more of the "let's wait and see before we jump off the cliff and start talking about firing our coach in his first official year" type of posts. Especially since we can't afford to fire him even if that was a good idea. So having a fanbases calling for their head coaches job for 3 + years likely isn't going to make recruiting any easier. So why start it.

The waiting and seeing part is not going the right direction though. I'm especially concerned about not having a recruiting class next year. We didn't even fill our scholarships this year.
              Appreciate your view brother

Comment

Is 9-6, 0-3 enough of a wait for you?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• meanwhile, Tulane scores and scores in the paint and our 6'11 big sits
                  With the season pretty much in the toilet anyway IB needs to learn how to use/play KP
                  and develop him. HE has upside potential that JP doesn't but he HAS to play to learn.
                  I'll bet we lose him and some other coach develops him quickly. Sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post

Unfortunately we are paying the wrong people too much: Marshall (dead weight) and IB (dead coaching). You want talent? Get the Koch money over to the NIL side geniuses. You’re stuck with Brown another year, then get him some Penny Memphis FedEx recruits that even a moron can coach, and find players that take a high percentage free throw shot over a “watch me soar I am a badass dunker, oh crap I just committed a charging foul with 0.4 on the clock”. God that play pisses me off still.

NIL can be our friend too.
                    Probably the biggest financial hit we’re taking is paying a six-digit salary to a worthless, incompetent athletic director.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      meanwhile, Tulane scores and scores in the paint and our 6'11 big sits
                      With the season pretty much in the toilet anyway IB needs to learn how to use/play KP
                      and develop him. HE has upside potential that JP doesn't but he HAS to play to learn.
                      I'll bet we lose him and some other coach develops him quickly. Sad.

KP was awful tonight. He needs to learn to be more physical. He just gets run over most times. He struggled to even pull down rebounds and hold on to them .

KP will likely see more time on Sunday because Cincy has a couple 7 footers who aren't extremely quick.

Comment

As much as I agree that DB needs fired... There was no reasonable way we could have gotten around hiring IB after last year.

The contract language in question is a different story. That is all on DB
                        I said I wasn’t posting for a while, but you are 1,000% correct on everything you said.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Probably the biggest financial hit we’re taking is paying a six-digit salary to a worthless, incompetent athletic director.
                          While that is true...the replacement would be the same burden financially....and the payoff otherwise would take years.

Comment

• It's hard to not be negative on some aspects of this game. So Ive got do a couple negative quick hits before I give some positives.

negative 1- Tyson, you are not a playmaker, you are a spot up shooter that doesn't know the difference between a good shot and a bad shot.

Negative 2 - why would a coach have his best playmaker inbound the ball to the guy who thinks he's the playmaker and always plays hero all.

Positives 1- Porter needs the keys to this team. He is the playmaker, and should have the ball in his hands Everytime the shot clock hits 9 seconds. All half court offense should be set by him as well.

Positive 2- RC did a great job cutting down on the forced crap. Yes he had a couple that were forced but considering his PT, huge improvement and nice game for the most part.

I will hold the other negatives back, but I sure hope this coach can get it together soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

While that is true...the replacement would be the same burden financially....and the payoff otherwise would take years.
                              I’m not so much talking about the financial burden, but the worthless part.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by cjp27 View Post
                                IB will get this year, and barring a 7-25 disaster next year, will probably get another year. It's much more fun being a fan of a bad team knowing that better days are ahead. IB's a nice guy and I'm sure a great assistant, but I don't see better days ahead here. Hope I'm wrong.

We are in for a rough couple of years, I'm afraid. If and when a change is made, whoever is in charge better make a good choice. I feel like we are heading back to the 90s. I remember when we joined the AAC - Bob Lutz did a two part column with the best case and worst case scenarios 20 years after joining. We're well on the way to the worst case scenario he wrote about.
                                Have to say that in 5 years if Boatright is gone and a suitable replacement found, this program will be on its way back up in a conference without Houston or Cincy. Guessing that Memphis will still be in the AAC, however.

Comment

Working...
                                X