Tulane at Wichita State Game Thread 1-12-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SshockerR View Post

Sorry for not having sympathy for him getting canned for punching players. I don’t really care what his teams did on the court, I’m not defending anyone who does that. You know, it is possible to find a good, demanding coach who doesn’t do BS like that.
    You are the reason society sucks now

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
      Why...during all three of the last full time outs does IB huddle with his assistants until the first horn sounds and then run over to the players with his decision?
      That simple - there are some when they come under pressure, they get overwhelmed and freeze.

There is a simple rule for leadership called the 1/3 and 2/3 rule. You come up with a plan in 1/3 of the time available and give it to your subordinates with 2/3 time left to figure out how to execute your plan. Bad leaders who are succumbing to the pressure will use all their time for planning the "perfect" plan and leave their subordinates no time to digest and think through the plan and to think through options if the plan breaks down. Ultimate result is usually failure.

Comment

Sorry for not having sympathy for him getting canned for punching players. I don’t really care what his teams did on the court, I’m not defending anyone who does that. You know, it is possible to find a good, demanding coach who doesn’t do BS like that.
        We are talking the state of the program. It’s not on Marshall getting canned. It’s on DB for hiring IB.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

He is the product of the society.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Exactly! And we'll said. I tried to reply but just couldn't find the words kind enough to post.
            Phi Alpha

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

We are talking the state of the program. It’s not on Marshall getting canned. It’s on DB for hiring IB.
              As much as I agree that DB needs fired... There was no reasonable way we could have gotten around hiring IB after last year.

The contract language in question is a different story. That is all on DB

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

As much as I agree that DB needs fired... There was no reasonable way we could have gotten around hiring IB after last year.

Only caveat was that Darron could have waited until the season concluded. I don’t think IB would have looked nearly as hot after those crappy postseason games.

78-65

Comment

Where is he? Let's hire him immediately!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

How does the contract read?

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                      We have a valley team and valley coach in this league.
                      Why pick on the Valley at this point? WSU had its best years in the Valley.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

How does the contract read?
                        He cannot be fired and he cannot quit for three years iirc

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Why pick on the Valley at this point? WSU had its best years in the Valley.
                          yeah yeah kick us while we are down.

Comment

Is that really a bad thing? I mean, take a look at UAB for example. Andy Kennedy got canned from Ole Miss but has made a top 50 team out of bringing in HM guys from the portal. Even our generally more positively impactful guys like Monzy, Ricky, & KP of late have some real bad nights mixed with the good. Probably worse ideas than hitting the reset button.

(And to be clear I’d prefer to keep the 3 guys I mentioned, just used them as examples.)
                            You can't be that dense?

Any veteran talent we lose will be replaced with lesser talent. There's zero recruiting buzz right now. And with negative momentum snow balling you can bet your ass if we were in on anyone worth a sh*t it would be getting leaked.

We don't have Andy Kennedy coaching this team. What HM guys will want to come here under the current state of affairs? I'm sure we'll clean up with DII guys and honorable mention SWAC level players (see Grant & JP) but no one worth a sh** is coming here right now if they have other options.

And about Andy Kennedy...UAB is his alma mater. His hiring excited their fan base. He brought positive energy. You really think this is the same situation?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              Kenny was bad. His body language was bad.
                              Kenny just got told he's the 3rd option at his position behind Pleasant, who has been a no show through the entire season. I'm skeptical that had he had a better attitude it would have helped him hold on to rebounds that were taken away from him so easily.

McFarlane probably left because he saw himself as the 3rd option at the position.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Only caveat was that Darron could have waited until the season concluded. I don’t think IB would have looked nearly as hot after those crappy postseason games.
                                I actually don't think that would have mattered enough. I think the only way DB could have hired someone else is if he did a search immediately after the firing and hired someone right away. But he was lazy and didn't do that

Comment

Working...
                                X