No announcement yet.

Tulane at Wichita State Game Thread 1-12-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone beside me wishing Jake White was here to take JP’s minutes on this team. Jake White couldn’t find playing time a few years ago, yet on this team he would clearly be the best 4 on the team. As you can tell I am not thrilled JP is playing 20 minutes a game for this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
      It's hard to not be negative on some aspects of this game. So Ive got do a couple negative quick hits before I give some positives.

negative 1- Tyson, you are not a playmaker, you are a spot up shooter that doesn't know the difference between a good shot and a bad shot.

Negative 2 - why would a coach have his best playmaker inbound the ball to the guy who thinks he's the playmaker and always plays hero all.

Positives 1- Porter needs the keys to this team. He is the playmaker, and should have the ball in his hands Everytime the shot clock hits 9 seconds. All half court offense should be set by him as well.

Positive 2- RC did a great job cutting down on the forced crap. Yes he had a couple that were forced but considering his PT, huge improvement and nice game for the most part.

I will hold the other negatives back, but I sure hope this coach can get it together soon!

Comment

• Nm
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox7 View Post
          Anyone beside me wishing Jake White was here to take JP’s minutes on this team. Jake White couldn’t find playing time a few years ago, yet on this team he would clearly be the best 4 on the team. As you can tell I am not thrilled JP is playing 20 minutes a game for this team.
          For that matter, Evan Wessel can have his scholarship back too. Some tried to take it away from him long enough.

78-65

Comment

Anyone beside me wishing Jake White was here to take JP’s minutes on this team. Jake White couldn’t find playing time a few years ago, yet on this team he would clearly be the best 4 on the team. As you can tell I am not thrilled JP is playing 20 minutes a game for this team.
            Jake White sucked. He would 100% walk in to our starting lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

There is a ideal world where that works in hindsight and the real world. The real world would have WSU completely crucified on a multitude of reasons (right or wrong) for not hiring IB at the end of the year.

Before all the numnuts jump on this saying I'm talking coach Brown up as a great coach... I'm not saying that at all. Just saying I understand how and why he got hired and now we are stuck with him for a few years for good or bad.
              This is correct.

Comment

Jake!!!...If i recall Sub was a huge fan...but i could be wrong.

Comment

• Jake might damn well find time because he had IQ

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Probably the biggest financial hit we’re taking is paying a six-digit salary to a worthless, incompetent athletic director.
                    On this we can all agree.

Comment

• Kinda like HCGM loved Graham....some kids just are winners

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

On this we can all agree.
                        Drink to that
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Back in the late 70's, before there was a 3 point line, teams would play more zone, squeezing the lane. Perimeter was basically free passing lanes and teams would generally pass it around the horn untill they would get a good look or maybe find a big In the paint for an easy 10 footer.
                          If you could hit a few of those open 15-20 foot 2 point shots, the defense would eventually go man. Once the defense went man, you would run a perpetual motion play untill the motion opened up an easy shot inside. Of course no shot clock helped.

Tulane thought zone would be great against the shox since their 3 point shooting is so poor. But the shox fooled them by penetrating with the dribble and getting some easy ones, as well as shooting so good on the perimeter.
                          so halftime.
                          Tulane goes man all the way out to the perimeter. No movement by the shox on offense except for the point and one wing, everyone else just stand at the 3 point line. This goes on untill someone jacks up a prayer. Easy to defend.

I think think this coaching staff has no perpetual motion plays in their playbook and just thinks isolation by way of screens is how to defeat man defense.
                          Move your bodies and move the gd ball.
                          One thousand one, pass the gd ball?

Comment

I wish Jake was on Tulane's team taking the charge against RC. It would have been a blocking foul for sure.
                            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• the only thing that could save this year is Fred going to the NBA allstars

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

I wish Jake was on Tulane's team taking the charge against RC. It would have been a blocking foul for sure.
                                Perfect! Got me to laugh!!! Good 'ole Jake. Should've led the all-time NCAA record of charges taken. Poor guy. I bet his ribs still are hurtin'.
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X