Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock View Post

He cannot be fired and he cannot quit for three years iirc
    Doesn’t it read he can be fired before the third year, but we just owe him his entire contract salary? After the third year, it’s half the remaining? Maybe I’m wrong. Worst case is $6mm, or one year of Coach K?

Fire him tomorrow and offer Jans $1.5mm a year, I fixed the program.

Comment

He can be fired but you owe him the full remaining contract value the first 3 years. After that it drops to half of the value remaining. So right now we need 5 mil to fire him, and money to pay Marshall and whatever new coach we get. So barring donors stepping up... It isn't happening

Comment

• CP should be playing 35- 38 minutes every game. He is the best player on the court for us. He can score, dribble in traffic, rebound, create shots for others, and is a really good defender. Why didn't we run the last play through him??? Tyson is too small and can't penetrate. Porter has a knack for penetrating and creating a shot. I was so mad when we kept trying to force it into Tyson. HCIB looked lost while talking to the assistants and trying to come up with a play. It's sad.
        I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

Doesn’t it read he can be fired before the third year, but we just owe him his entire contract salary? After the third year, it’s half the remaining? Maybe I’m wrong. Worst case is $6mm, or one year of Coach K?

Fire him tomorrow and offer Jans $1.5mm a year, I fixed the program.
          If you can write the check.... You fixed it.... But I'm guessing you don't have that laying around. The people that do apparently aren't interested in writing it

Comment

I think the latter part was more not letting him quit to take better job. If this continues to go off the rails, that part might get amended to allow a mutual parting.
            78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I actually don't think that would have mattered enough. I think the only way DB could have hired someone else is if he did a search immediately after the firing and hired someone right away. But he was lazy and didn't do that
              That couldn't have been done unless you want to limit yourself to coaches that were currently unemployed. A search should have been done immediately following the end of the season.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Can we start a go fund me to get rid of IB? I'll gladly pay the money I've won the last few games on them. Tonight was the easiest 2 grand I've ever made...just wish I put 2200 on Tulane ML instead of the spread

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I actually don't think that would have mattered enough. I think the only way DB could have hired someone else is if he did a search immediately after the firing and hired someone right away. But he was lazy and didn't do that
                  That’s utter crap. You take the recruiting hit on the chin and do a coaching search after the season.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

I think the latter part was more not letting him quit to take better job. If this continues to go off the rails, that part might get amended to allow a mutual parting.
                    Who was afraid of him quitting to take a better job. He already got one way above his level.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

That couldn't have been done unless you want to limit yourself to coaches that were currently unemployed. A search should have been done immediately following the end of the season.
                      Anything happening at the end of the season would have resulted in IB getting hired. Once that Coach of the year award and Conference championship was done...there was no other option. Before or after the drake game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                        Can we start a go fund me to get rid of IB? I'll gladly pay the money I've won the last few games on them. Tonight was the easiest 2 grand I've ever made...just wish I put 2200 on Tulane ML instead of the spread
                        Now theres an idea...create a fund that bets against the spread to fund a new coach...

Comment

• There was always other options. DB was just spineless and wouldn't consider them. You knew there were issues last year even before the horrendous finish.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Now theres an idea...create a fund that bets against the spread to fund a new coach...
                            That would be epic
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

We are talking the state of the program. It’s not on Marshall getting canned. It’s on DB for hiring IB.
                              I don’t know if I completely agree, the way the contract is set up, I do, but even if we were to had have a full coaching search, that’s probably not a good look to prospective coaches if we wouldn’t hire our in-house interim that just won the conference & made the tournament with a team picked 7th under the expectation that a HOF coach would be leading them. Kind of a lose-lose situation in a way.

Comment

That would be epic
                                At this point id chip in

Comment

Working...
                                X