Tulane at Wichita State Game Thread 1-12-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

That and some of the other thing indicate that the coaches have lost the locker room.
    transfer portal will be rich with shockers this year.
    I thought that’s one of the reasons we kept IB? Roster stability.

I thought he was a players coach? I thought the only reason the transfer portal would fill up here is because of Gregg Marshall?

And yet we lock up the guy with a 6-year contract?

Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      KP is a center. He's too slow to play the 4 and not strong enough. He has weak hands, but he is freshmen so I'm not that concerned. Jaime Echenique had the weakest hands I had seen at center when he was a junior and look how that turned out. KP will be fine.
      Right now KP's value offensively is his outside shooting ability and it's not being used.
      As a stretch forward he is a perimeter threat that helps create spacing for others.
      He has potential at BOTH positions which is why I'd give him PT at BOTH.
      He has more upside than anyone else that I see on the team outside of maybe RC.
      IB sticks with QG ( .314 and JP .317 ) - any future in that?
      Mark my words..........this season is in the toilet and players with the most upside
      potential playing more and more makes the most sense to me. DON'T risk losing a
      couple of our highest potential players by sitting them behind guys those players
      themselves know they are better than
      Last edited by asiseeit; January 13, 2022, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• I am very concerned about players leaving via the transfer portal

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

KP won't develop sitting on the bench.
          Yes

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
          He is a PF !!!!
          Nah

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

I'm not saying JP should have played 30 minutes. I'm saying that replacing JP with KP doesn't change the outcome of the game.
            Didn't say it would change the outcome. I did say that he's statistically better than JP in nearly every area and has much greater upside. Playing him more benefits KP and the program long-term without really hurting anything in the short-term. Not playing him only increases the odds that he transfers hurting the program in both the short and long-term
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              I am very concerned about players leaving via the transfer portal
              what good does it do to worry, or even talk about it? It is nothing until it happens.

Comment

• Well some of you on here thought that GM showed his lack of character by taking a big buy out.

We know how great a guy that IB is, so he undoubtedly would accept a low buy out.

Comment

With the new transfer rules I've decided to stop worrying about who will transfer out and just appreciate the guys who stick around for their full WSU careers. Guys are going to leave every year no matter how successful (or unsuccessful) the team may be.

Comment

KP won't develop sitting on the bench and playing mostly center. He is a PF !!!!
                    I don't think KP has the lateral quickness to play PF at this level (although his footwork is very good).

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                      If IB were capable of changing something about his personality or coaching approach and it would improve this program, I imagine he would do it. If the players were capable of increasing their ability (and they certainly are, but to what degree is unknown) or getting to the point where they could be a tournament team, I imagine they’d do it. But at some point people are who they are.
                      You can't change what you don't acknowledge. You can't acknowledge what you can't see with your own eyes. This happens in corporate America every day. The quality corporations carefully identify those leaders that need executive coaching and consulting. The number one thing this strategy does is evaluate emotional intelligence. Help them critically think, make decisions and solve problems in a way that changes their habits of thought to get better outcomes. Right now Brown has very low self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management skills. Learning to improve skills is actually a skill. Brown needs to be taught how to recognize barriers and gaps within this team and how to turn them into opportunities and growth. There are resources to do this.

Comment

Continuity is only important when you want to continue building with what you have. I really struggle to imagine a scenario where this same team comes back next year with a great attitude, hunger, chip on their shoulder and a desire to be coached/developed.

Not all turnover is bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post

Continuity is only important when you want to continue building with what you have. I really struggle to imagine a scenario where this same team comes back next year with a great attitude, hunger, chip on their shoulder and a desire to be coached/developed.

Not all turnover is bad.
                          And those that want to be coached and developed are more likely to leave
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Back to my KP argument. He and RC are the two players that show the most promise
                            and UPSIDE. Anyone believe there is upside or improvement in JP's game?
                            KP is not going to toughen up and gain confidence playing 12 minutes a game and behind
                            JP. I keep saying his biggest potential is at the power or stretch four position. He is
                            not going to improve and reach his potential ( and he has so much more than others )
                            playing the role IB has him playing. This is all on IB and if we lose KP after this season
                            THAT will all be on IB, as well. Right now we have NOTHING to lose by playing KP at
                            least 15 minutes per game at PF and another ten backing up at center.

Also, on the last possession from the first time out to the third without an inbounds it
                            was obvious they were going to double TE yet IB falls right into the big trap by
                            forcing the ball into FROM our talented PG ( CP ) who should have had the ball in
                            HIS hands with TE coming off a screen. CP and TE would have attracted 3-4 defenders
                            making getting a good look from someone else a high probability. KP should have been
                            on the floor as one of those options that would have been wide open with 3-4 players
                            hounding CP&TE. Very poor planning at the end even after 3 timeouts. An 0-8 start is
                            looking likely now.........play the kids that have the most upside NOW.
                            KP was awful mentally and physically. Obviously, he has upside and JP has none.

That doesn't change the fact that the only way KP can be given major minutes is if we have given up on winning games this season

Although playing JP this many minutes indicates we have given up, but then I realize it's just a confused IB.

Comment

• But I also want to say that the guy on color last night was great. I've already forgotten his name, I suck with names, but he was one of the bigger highlights of last night's broadcast.

See. I can have positive takes
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

KP was awful mentally and physically. Obviously, he has upside and JP has none.

That doesn't change the fact that the only way KP can be given major minutes is if we have given up on winning games this season

Although playing JP this many minutes indicates we have given up, but then I realize it's just a confused IB.
                                And yet he still outplayed JP last night
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X