Tulane at Wichita State Game Thread 1-12-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

KP was awful mentally and physically. Obviously, he has upside and JP has none.

That doesn't change the fact that the only way KP can be given major minutes is if we have given up on winning games this season

Although playing JP this many minutes indicates we have given up, but then I realize it's just a confused IB.
    KP was absolutely terrible last night. But the reason JP got so many minutes is because Brown could not put in MO. It MO and DD fault for not doing what they needed to do to be eligible to play. And DD probably could have played the 4 position against Tulane because of their size at the position. It's too bad MJ pouted like a little baby. Otherwise he could have got more minutes.

Comment

• Kenny Pohto didn't compete last night. I speculate that he may have been unhappy that he didn't start when Mo was scrapped from the lineup. Kenny had played some good games as a back up prior to Joe Pleasant starting last night. The only thing I can figure out is that Brown was disciplining Kenny by sitting him down, but that doesn't make sense because he hasn't been sitting players very much prior to last night.

Like I stated above, it made absolutely no sense not to start Kenny last night, because Brown had been on the record in the past that he needed to get more minutes for Kenny, and Kenny was next man up.

I guess next game, when Mo needs a rest, Brown will put in Joe P. first?

Comment

• I keep thinking about a comment IB made soon after schools were allowed to start practice this year.
        He said we were not going to use all of our practice time so that the team would be fresher and not burn out at the end of the year.

What college coach has ever said anything like this??
        I mean, maybe we should have done some passing drills, worked on fast break, or at least had mandatory shooting.

It seems IB is incapable of installing MTXE in a team.

Grant actually got on the floor once last night. That has been a very rare thing this year. Most of our players seem to think they are too good for such things.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

KP was absolutely terrible last night. But the reason JP got so many minutes is because Brown could not put in MO. It MO and DD fault for not doing what they needed to do to be eligible to play. And DD probably could have played the 4 position against Tulane because of their size at the position. It's too bad MJ pouted like a little baby. Otherwise he could have got more minutes.
          Kenny didn't play well, but why didn't Kenny start last night?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Why does it matter? The problem wasn't the starting lineup, and he was bad when he was in the game. This is irrelevant.

Comment

Maybe the way he played last night is also how he was practicing earlier?

Comment

I have been saying this for years, it doesn't matter who starts. What you do on the court when you are out there is what counts. If KP was also pouting because he didn't start, then he needs to put on his big boy pants grow up and accept his role for this team in this year.. When he was on the court he was abused. He played like a little scared girl.. The Shocks had a 14 point lead at half time. Starting the game is not what led to the lost. How they finished did.

PS. Some may think I am not a KP fan. Not true. I think he has a good future ahead at WSU as a center. I think he can really be good in time.. But the truth of the matter is he has been playing finesse basketball against players not as athletic as in the AAC. This is why he struggles. He needs time to put on weight and get stronger. The only question, is whether he willing to listen to the truth or accept the rat poison that he is ready now and should have significant more playing time right away.
                Last edited by TheShocktocles; January 13, 2022, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Kenny played poorly.

Kenny was also more productive than the guy playing 30+ minutes.

Both statements are true.

Apparently that's how low the bar is set for JP and how high for KP. One can out play the other and still get 1/3 the minutes.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• If our guys don't play well because they're mad they aren't starting, they should find somewhere else in a lower conference where they can start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

I wish Jake was on Tulane's team taking the charge against RC. It would have been a blocking foul for sure.
                      LMAO!!
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        Kenny played poorly.

Apparently that's how low the bar is set for JP and how high for KP. One can out play the other and still get 1/3 the minutes.
                        You keep saying KP outplayed him.

JP +3
                        KP -5

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

That and some of the other thing indicate that the coaches have lost the locker room.
                          transfer portal will be rich with shockers this year.
                          I unfortunately think this is getting closer to being true. Seeing a lot of "Erik Stevenson" level body language .. from multiple guys.

This combined with the lack of recruits makes next year pretty scary.

Semi on topic ... I thought this was interesting ... and if the A10 thing goes through, the AAC should pursue it also.
                          https://theathletic.com/news/atlanti.../RlQykuXSj4eG/

For those that don't have the Athletic. The A10 is seeking a blanket waiver for redshirts that need to be used to fill in for missing players.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            Kenny played poorly.

No doubt you are cucuko for coca pupps.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

You can't change what you don't acknowledge. You can't acknowledge what you can't see with your own eyes. This happens in corporate America every day. The quality corporations carefully identify those leaders that need executive coaching and consulting. The number one thing this strategy does is evaluate emotional intelligence. Help them critically think, make decisions and solve problems in a way that changes their habits of thought to get better outcomes. Right now Brown has very low self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management skills. Learning to improve skills is actually a skill. Brown needs to be taught how to recognize barriers and gaps within this team and how to turn them into opportunities and growth. There are resources to do this.
                              Knowledge can change, personality and tendencies typically do not change. Quality corporations don't spend time trying to change people's personalities or tendencies; they understand them and channel them in the most productive way possible.

Self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management skills are all personality traits, habits, and tendencies. They can be forged over time, but they are not taught in the academic sense. Trying to formally teach someone those soft skills is a fool's errand.

And if we're having to teach those things to the head coach of the WSU Men's Basketball team, he shouldn't be the head coach.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If you can write the check.... You fixed it.... But I'm guessing you don't have that laying around. The people that do apparently aren't interested in writing it
                                Not sure we know that for sure yet. Even if there were some deep pockets ready to pull the string we would not hear about that until the end of this season at the earliest.

That said I'm guessing the big money will remain on the sidelines on this one for a couple of years and see how things play out. Especially, with the AAC going through a total remake. But I could be wrong about that guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X