Blame Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

So your saying muma is a qui......er...gay?
    hummmm. Great leader of men....I mean, limp wristed, sweet, pretty boys.

Go ahead and attack me. Thats my view of which I'm entitled to voice.. Oh crap, maybe not anymore.
    Muma is not flaming or a part of the trans movement is he? If not, that is sort of a positive. I do get your feelings, however.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Dude, did you watch the KState and North Texas games? For that matter did you watch the wins? It was off the rails alright.
      I have watched every game this season. WSU hasn't played well on offense since 2017-2018. WSU still has a lot of wins since 2017-2018 despite the bad offense. Sure, I was quite concerned with the team going into the Memphis game, but WSU's season was very much still in their hands at that point. If I walked around saying the season was lost at 9-3 (or stopped showing up to the games for this reason) and then they beat Memphis and Houston back to back I would not have looked very smart.
      Last edited by TrackSuitAndTie; January 21, 2022, 07:11 AM.

Comment

• The low attendance is 70% Covid, 30% performance. Those who disagree with this are simply those who have never taken it seriously in the first place, and that’s fine, but we have a lot of older fans who do take it seriously and are not coming for that reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
          The low attendance is 70% Covid, 30% performance. Those who disagree with this are simply those who have never taken it seriously in the first place, and that’s fine, but we have a lot of older fans who do take it seriously and are not coming for that reason.
          Is the IT you(that people who disagree with you are not taking seriously) referring to the 70% Covid or 30%Performance? Could be older and younger fans who agree with you and/or disagree with you.

Comment

• Transfer Portal is what has effed it up for me. I can barely generate enough interest to even watch a game on tv anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
              Consistently blowing double digit leads at home is going to keep fans at home watching from the comfort of their La-Z-Boys. I'm not going to make any judgements on Muma yet, but he has to be able to see that BB funds the entire athletic department, and right now basketball, and the athletic department, is circling the drain.

There's no way to know if a change would correct the problem, but it is obvious that not making a change could destroy the athletic department. The only options I see are to take a chance and make some changes or let the status quo potentially bankrupt the athletic department.

Worst case scenarios of making a change or not making a change are identical. Even mediocre scenarios of making some changes are better than not making a change. Not making a change seems destined to approach or reach a worst case scenario.

Timing is horrible. Boatright's contract goes through June. Difficult to replace IB after June even if DB is replaced and funds are found.
              Get over the idea IB will be replaced this year, barring some sort of scandal. You will see him next year and maybe the year after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I have a friend that has mentioned going to Ft. Worth for the tournament. Though after the last game, he finally started to sound more dejected about what's going on with the program so we'll see what happens. If he and his fiance want to go, I'll probably be down there with them. Though just thinking about it I'm more excited about exploring the DFW area than I am of watching Shocker basketball.
                yes, I have a group that goes every year. This year will be less about basketball and more about having fun in the stockyards.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                  The low attendance is 70% Covid, 30% performance. Those who disagree with this are simply those who have never taken it seriously in the first place, and that’s fine, but we have a lot of older fans who do take it seriously and are not coming for that reason.
                  Is COVID keeping the $$$ seats empty, or maybe the university turning its back on the most successful coach in program history (that was a $$$ raising machine) that stopped people from renew their tickets?

is COVID stopping student or GM tickets from being used, or is it the crappy opponents, being in ranked, and losing every home game?

is it COVID that has kept me utilizing my season tickets to some games this season, or the disconnect with the program and team that has?

You’re right. It’s DEFINITELY COVID and nothing else!!

I’m so glad we have great people like you to take it seriously for us!!
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Is COVID keeping the $$$ seats empty, or maybe the university turning its back on the most successful coach in program history (that was a $$$ raising machine) that stopped people from renew their tickets?

is COVID stopping student or GM tickets from being used, or is it the crappy opponents, being in ranked, and losing every home game?

is it COVID that has kept me utilizing my season tickets to some games this season, or the disconnect with the program and team that has?

You’re right. It’s DEFINITELY COVID and nothing else!!

I’m so glad we have great people like you to take it seriously for us!!
                    He never said it was covid and nothing else. I'm not sure why it's hard to believe that the low attendance is a result of a ton of factors... Covid included.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He never said it was covid and nothing else. I'm not sure why it's hard to believe that the low attendance is a result of a ton of factors... Covid included.
                      This season is really the perfect storm for poor attendance. I guess the only way to determine a rough idea of the covid impact would be looking at similar programs and their attendance YOY. Even then, you'll never have an apples-to-apples comparison. Every program has somewhat different headwinds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I was being facetious.

I agree it’s a variety of factors, but COVID is not the main reason.
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

I was being facetious.

I agree it’s a variety of factors, but COVID is not the main reason.
                          I don't think there is 1 main reason... But I think covid is one of the larger reasons. Last month has been a perfect storm. I personally haven't missed a game while I've been in town for years, but have missed two in the last month or so because either I had covid symptoms or in the case of the last game, I tested positive.

When trying to find someone to take my tickets... Had a bunch that really wanted to go... But all were in the same boat.. symptoms, positive or close contacts.

Comment

• I started going to games with my Dad when the round house opened and 25 cents
                            general admission so that pretty much ages me. Over my lifetime I have watched the
                            cultural rot in our society and how it has spilled over into sports. I miss the days of the
                            STUDENT athlete. Standards have been lowered allowing anybody tp play. Cheating
                            is rampant. BLM damaged the NBA and filtered down into college sports, as well.
                            Last edited by asiseeit; January 21, 2022, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                              I started going to games with my Dad when the round house opened and 25 cents
                              general admission so that pretty much ages me. Over my lifetime I have watched the
                              cultural rot in our society and how it has spilled over into sports. I miss the days of the
                              STUDENT athlete. Standards have been lowered allowing anybody tp play. Cheating
                              is rampant. BLM damaged the NBA and filtered down into college sports, as well.
                              Curious if you attended a few Klan meetings with your dad as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Curious if you attended a few Klan meetings with your dad as well?
                                That’s a pretty judgmental take.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X