The Annual HCIB WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IB would be an outstanding high school head coach
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by ISASO View Post
      Where is Prez Muma on sports in general or basketball specifically? Where is he on the Beggs Scale?
      I don't think he has spoken about sports or much in general since becoming President. Unless, as someone else mentioned, you include woke topics, then he's all over it. He's a 0.25 on the Beggs 1-10 scale.

Comment

• Not gonna happen, but Cuonzo Martin is available
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post

Muma has been fairly busy promoting his D&I agenda. (At least on Twitter).
          I'm not surprised one bit. For a couple reasons.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
            Not gonna happen, but Cuonzo Martin is available
            OMG, please tell me this is a joke??

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

OMG, please tell me this is a joke??
              it was fake
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post

it was fake
                Yep, just saw that. I fell for it.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  We are either entering a dark era of Shocker basketball or the end of Shocker basketball. Either way we’re just going have to suffer for a couple of years.
                  Not to be gloom and doom, but I've contemplated a scenario where this may not be a long shot. And not necessarily due to IB. With the pending conference alignments looming, this is scary as hell to think it's not far fetched for WSU to be at a D2 level when the power 5 form their own club.

And before anyone chimes in about being the same as the MVC, no, they will be D3.

WSU sealed this fate in '86, if it comes to fruition. We can point fingers at the past couple of years, but it's bigger than that. Every school has down years. If our program can't weather one here and there, then it was weaker than we thought. Was it really built on one guy?

Anyway, give IB the year, judge him on that. He's gonna be here next year too. After that, there will be a decision. But to think our program will be lost because of this year and next is a bit overblown. It may have been inevitable regardless of wins and losses.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

Not to be gloom and doom, but I've contemplated a scenario where this may not be a long shot. And not necessarily due to IB. With the pending conference alignments looming, this is scary as hell to think it's not far fetched for WSU to be at a D2 level when the power 5 form their own club.

And before anyone chimes in about being the same as the MVC, no, they will be D3.

WSU sealed this fate in '86, if it comes to fruition. We can point fingers at the past couple of years, but it's bigger than that. Every school has down years. If our program can't weather one here and there, then it was weaker than we thought. Was it really built on one guy?

Anyway, give IB the year, judge him on that. He's gonna be here next year too. After that, there will be a decision. But to think our program will be lost because of this year and next is a bit overblown. It may have been inevitable regardless of wins and losses.
                    I don’t think it’s all IB’s fault but the timing exacerbates the problem. COVID, NIL, transfer rules, Marshall, IB, and just general apathy just kind of all hit at the same time and those combined remove any sort of hope we would’ve had in receiving a parachute from a conference like the Big East. If college basketball had imploded 5 years ago I think we would’ve been in about as good of a spot as we could’ve hoped for. If it implodes anytime over the next 5 years I think we’re done for.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

I don’t think it’s all IB’s fault but the timing exacerbates the problem. COVID, NIL, transfer rules, Marshall, IB, and just general apathy just kind of all hit at the same time and those combined remove any sort of hope we would’ve had in receiving a parachute from a conference like the Big East. If college basketball had imploded 5 years ago I think we would’ve been in about as good of a spot as we could’ve hoped for. If it implodes anytime over the next 5 years I think we’re done for.
                      I tend to agree.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                        IB would be an outstanding high school head coach
                        He's not a motivator, he's not an X's and O's guy, so why would he succeed at that level?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

He's not a motivator, he's not an X's and O's guy, so why would he succeed at that level?
                          He’s a nice guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

It’s not that it was built on one guy. It’s that one guy left, and another guy hired the weakest possible candidate he could. That candidate in turn has produced piss poorly (as predicted) and we get where we are today. So no, not built on just one guy, but when one guy decides to wreck the culture this is what happens.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I wonder if Louisville will be looking at IB? That need really
                              need a good dude like him to clean up their program.

Comment

• Hopefully this thread only is relevant for a year. Listen, IB is probably a nice guy and I don’t fault him for taking the job. However, it’s time for a change after this season. Money be damned. Cake Walks, popcorn and cookie sales, raffles, lemonade stands…make it happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X