The Annual HCIB WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Annual HCIB WSU Future

I suspect that suitors will be calling on HCIB to move up to Power 5 after his remarkable finish this season, so might as well get this chat room going.

I wouldn't mind reverting back to those type of problems at the end of the season.

Comment

Rutgers might come calling. I’m worried.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Please, please, let some P5 try to hire him and succeed, even if it's at the lowest assistant for that team. I was a supporter of IB and thought last year validated that support. Playing 'Zona close and beating Mizzou and OSU seemed to validate IB's hiring, but ever since then it's been a bad direction this team has taken.

Right now, the team is worse every week they play.

The even worse thought is if for some reason IB could be replaced, we'd have Boatright doing that hire. I'd sooner have IB as our coach instead of Boatright hiring a replacement. I can't imagine a respected coach who would want to work for Boatright.

I can't imagine Muma firing Boatright and I can't imagine Boatright firing the guy he hired.

Comment

So who's coaching this program after the 23-24 season?

Will anyone worth a damn want the job at that point?

Will there be more than 5k fans attending games then?

Will I have passed on due to alcohol poisoning by that time?
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            So who's coaching this program after the 23-24 season?

Will anyone worth a damn want the job at that point?

Will there be more than 5k fans attending games then?

Will I have passed on due to alcohol poisoning by that time?
            Greg Heiar

Yes

No

Not if you avoid the barrel proof whiskey.

Comment

This is a stupid thread. Some of you need to get a grip on your sanity. Give the man a chance. We got throttled yesterday by a much bigger more talented team. He does need to recruit better players.

Comment

Does anyone think COVID has anything to do with attendance? Not looking for political sarcasm but asking because I do think it has an affect on whether people attend in person. Trends across the country even at the Blue Bloods show attendance is down across the board.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
                  Does anyone think COVID has anything to do with attendance? Not looking for political sarcasm but asking because I do think it has an affect on whether people attend in person. Trends across the country even at the Blue Bloods show attendance is down across the board.
                  Covid and our fan base is getting older. It is much easier to watch from home. I’m not sure how much longer that I will be attending in person. I will be 64 in June. It will be difficult giving up my season tickets. I have been going to games since the late 1960s.

Comment

If this were the 2013-2018 WSU teams, attendance wouldn’t be being debated.
                    The Assman

Comment

A friend of mine was wanting to go to the Memphis blackout game a few years ago and kept trying to get me to go. I was a little less motivated to go than normal cause that game fell on a Wednesday. I really didn’t feel like dealing with the parking circus that is mid-week games. I don’t think that circus helps the attendance issue

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                        A friend of mine was wanting to go to the Memphis blackout game a few years ago and kept trying to get me to go. I was a little less motivated to go than normal cause that game fell on a Wednesday. I really didn’t feel like dealing with the parking circus that is mid-week games. I don’t think that circus helps the attendance issue
                        As someone who hates parking lots and rude drivers, I agree. If the parking was easier my motivation to go to games would be a lot higher.

Comment

Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
                          Anything? Possibly

Is it the main thing? Absolutely not.

This fan base will support a struggling team that fights and does the little things and shows it's improving. We have evidence of that from the past. This team struggles in all of those areas.

I also don't want this to be an IB vs 3G thing, but 3G was vocal in support of not only the team but the community and could get people to rally around and support him, even if he may have been an ass. IB is a very likable guy that seems to kind of just blend into everything and doesn't give you the let's go to war together sort of rallying cry or whatever you want to call it. I know his personality is very different and may work better in some areas, but he's not currently someone that average fans are drawn towards.

Have I mentioned the piss poor play and dumb ass decision making we've seen in nearly every game this year? That doesn't help. This team is not fun to watch. Even in most of their victories they've been absolutely painful. That's not going to draw in much of the average fan.

So while Covid may have some impact on some people in attending, it is far from the top reason
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think some of it could be the schedule and also the TV availability. Do people really care about heading out on a Wed night to watch East Caolina? At least in the Valley the teams at least had a historical significance for fans and more rivalry feelings. Plus a Wed game against Drake was harder to find on TV. Just throwing that out there. Its only gonna get worse with exchanging the best teams for a bunch of crap teams.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Anything? Possibly

Is it the main thing? Absolutely not.

This fan base will support a struggling team that fights and does the little things and shows it's improving. We have evidence of that from the past. This team struggles in all of those areas.

I also don't want this to be an IB vs 3G thing, but 3G was vocal in support of not only the team but the community and could get people to rally around and support him, even if he may have been an ass. IB is a very likable guy that seems to kind of just blend into everything and doesn't give you the let's go to war together sort of rallying cry or whatever you want to call it. I know his personality is very different and may work better in some areas, but he's not currently someone that average fans are drawn towards.

Have I mentioned the piss poor play and dumb ass decision making we've seen in nearly every game this year? That doesn't help. This team is not fun to watch. Even in most of their victories they've been absolutely painful. That's not going to draw in much of the average fan.

So while Covid may have some impact on some people in attending, it is far from the top reason
                              Agree. Sure, covid is playing a role here. However, I honestly think there is a general lack of enthusiasm right now among our fan base. As I said yesterday, I think it’s very elitist of the program and WSU to expect support when the administration and team aren’t reciprocating such effort. Act like you give a damn. I’ve seen WSU teams that breathed fire. This team reminds me of a run-of-the-mill P5 school that WSU would mop-up back in the day.

Comment

Working...
                              X