The Annual HCIB WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's over. We ****ed up.
    Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
        Hopefully this thread only is relevant for a year.
        I hate to dampen your hope, but this will go full term of IB contract. And if Houston and CINCY leave who know wsu could be middle of the pack of the AAC instead of bottom feeder. Then they will give him a extension because progress is being made.

Comment

• I am beginning to think that our pre-season #4 ranking…”might” be just a tad too high.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
            I am beginning to think that our pre-season #4 ranking…”might” be just a tad too high.
            That’s what happens when you still have cache as a program.

You can throw that out the window now.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
              Hopefully this thread only is relevant for a year. Listen, IB is probably a nice guy and I don’t fault him for taking the job. However, it’s time for a change after this season. Money be damned. Cake Walks, popcorn and cookie sales, raffles, lemonade stands…make it happen.
              I’d sell my nuts and donate all proceeds if they had any value.

Any offers for a pair of saggy nuts?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I hate to dampen your hope, but this will go full term of IB contract. And if Houston and CINCY leave who know wsu could be middle of the pack of the AAC instead of bottom feeder. Then they will give him a extension because progress is being made.
                I hope it goes full term because that will mean the program is doing well. Can see the contract going 2 more years but unless things improve signficantly I think a change will be made at that time. This could be accelerated if the deep pockets decide they want a change sooner but I'm not ready to make that bet at this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I hope it goes full term because that will mean the program is doing well. Can see the contract going 2 more years but unless things improve signficantly I think a change will be made at that time. This could be accelerated if the deep pockets decide they want a change sooner but I'm not ready to make that bet at this time.
                  Deep pockets aren't going to be available until there's a new AD
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Deep pockets aren't going to be available until there's a new AD
                    Can someone explain the lose of some of the big donors. I thought it had to do with Ivanka being cancelled by muma. But I was just kind of putting together segments of various posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Can someone explain the lose of some of the big donors. I thought it had to do with Ivanka being cancelled by muma. But I was just kind of putting together segments of various posts.
                      It was Jay Golden (previous POWSU) who was involved in the Ivanka situation.
                      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

It was Jay Golden (previous POWSU) who was involved in the Ivanka situation.
                        What happened, who reacted by pulling donations?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

What happened, who reacted by pulling donations?
                          Can’t give a comprehensive list to that but I remember reading that the Carney family wasn’t happy.

78-65

Comment

• Nm
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Disclose how you know this. Are you Charles Koch? Cause there won’t be one fan left if he gets to the end of his contract.

Comment

• First, I think everything should have been done to retain GM, BUT once that ship sailed
                                I was fine with giving IB a shot for a year or two.......NOT five. The first real chink in the
                                armor was in the MVC tournament. Terrible coaching at the end of the USF game when
                                IB didn't commit ALL five defenders to deny the only thing that could beat us. I was yelling
                                at the screen and the announcers were also pointing out why in the heck is WSU guarding
                                a couple players well within the arc when the game is over if inbounded to them. Right there
                                I thought IB doesn't seem to understand the game situation. Then the Drake game, ugh !
                                We were not prepared ! From the very beginning of this season I've made it pretty clear
                                how discontented I've been with coaching and player management, Hated to see IB not
                                give KP plenty of minutes against our early weak opponents to develop him. The last two Tulane
                                games have really reinforced my opinion that IB is short on basic common basketball sense.
                                Most 8th grade coaches would have been better in those late game situations. It seems obvious
                                to me this team is going nowhere. The only two players with BBIQ are CP and KP and one of
                                them hardly plays. You would think IB would be learning some things, trying some things, but
                                he is leading this team ( with tons of potential ) to the bottom. Hope those with the $$$ are
                                trying to work something out with him with the best interests of the program in mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X