No announcement yet.

The Annual HCIB WSU Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, I may lack college level writing skills, no argument there. I am more interested
    in responses to content and points made. I do go a little long sometimes and for that
    I apologize.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
      Chris Jans tweeted they had 12,307 fans at their home game win against Grand Canyon last night. NMSU is 17 and 3 on the year. We really should fire ADDB.
      To quote about 40 of my one word posts from last year: “Jans”

Comment

• I guess Boatright doesn’t like good coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
          I guess Boatright doesn’t like good coaches.
          DB wanted to be the boss, not have another basketball coach as a boss.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

DB wanted to be the boss, not have another basketball coach as a boss.
            Apparently he didn't want to be successful or keep his job either
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• A new coach could make some difference, but I fear that in the era of the transfer portal, the mountain we have to climb may be insurmountably high. We will recruit good players, only to have the best of them leave for greener pastures at the end of every single season. I hope I am wrong, but I feel like college basketball has been ruined for fans of most schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                Okay, I may lack college level writing skills, no argument there. I am more interested
                in responses to content and points made. I do go a little long sometimes and for that
                I apologize.
                The content nor the length is the issue. It's the format. Whatever you're doing makes it very tough on the eyeballs to read and follow. It's all visual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                  A new coach could make some difference, but I fear that in the era of the transfer portal, the mountain we have to climb may be insurmountably high. We will recruit good players, only to have the best of them leave for greener pastures at the end of every single season. I hope I am wrong, but I feel like college basketball has been ruined for fans of most schools.
                  It’s usually the kids that are at the end of benches that transfer. Some kids try to move up to better conferences, but we haven’t had a lot of kids do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Apparently he didn't want to be successful or keep his job either
                    No one is accusing him of being the brightest guy. The fact that we never had an AD search is part of the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

The content nor the length is the issue. It's the format. Whatever you're doing makes it very tough on the eyeballs to read and follow. It's all visual.
                      When I view everything looks fine. When you all view does each line vary
                      in length long then short and long again? I have had this happen before.
                      I believe I need to shorten the characters in each line. I'll try to do better
                      in the future. Thanks for the heads up and patience.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

When I view everything looks fine. When you all view does each line vary
                        in length long then short and long again? I have had this happen before.
                        I believe I need to shorten the characters in each line. I'll try to do better
                        in the future. Thanks for the heads up and patience.
                        Even if a paragraph is not needed, just break up any longer post with paragraph spaces. I don't believe it's the line length at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                          A new coach could make some difference, but I fear that in the era of the transfer portal, the mountain we have to climb may be insurmountably high. We will recruit good players, only to have the best of them leave for greener pastures at the end of every single season. I hope I am wrong, but I feel like college basketball has been ruined for fans of most schools.
                          You know, I don't really disagree.

However, I kind of feel it could actually benefit teams that are top 50-100 consistently.

While the low major and lower mid-major teams will likely take a hit.

Teams like Wichita State...etc....could possibly benefit. There are some highly recruited and talented players that end up not finding the time they want or fit at some of the top tier teams. And when those teams recruit over those players with the transfer portal they will look to move on and likely want playing time.

A top tier mid-major/average BCS team could benefit from the portal.

Just another way to think about it.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

IB doesn't miss open shots. He doesn't make boneheaded turnovers.
                            I hold HCIB responsible for a lot, and I think the rest of your list is valid, but I have a hard time blaming him entirely for poor execution. An argument can be made that turnovers can be improved through coaching, but some of the turnovers are just low BBIQ plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I hold HCIB responsible for a lot, and I think the rest of your list is valid, but I have a hard time blaming him entirely for poor execution. An argument can be made that turnovers can be improved through coaching, but some of the turnovers are just low BBIQ plays.
                              Who recruited the low IQ players?
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by cjp27 View Post
                                I would think Jans is going to get some high level opportunities soon. Depending on where that is, it may make it difficult to impossible to hire him away a few years down the road.
                                Tick, tick, tick.

Absolutely imperative that Boatramp is relieved of his duties in June.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X