Wichita State at Oklahoma State Game Thread 12-1-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
    Did I hear the announcers correctly that WSU is the first non-conference opponent to win three games @ OSU?
    STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) — Ricky Council IV scored 17 points, Morris Udeze added 13 points and Wichita State beat Oklahoma State 60-51 on Wednesday night for...

"The Shockers are the third nonconference team to win three straight at GIA, joining Tulsa (1979, 81, 83, 85) and DePaul (1945, 49, 50)."

Comment

• Agreed with most of your post, but add a couple of nuances of what you posted.

Mo didn't have any TO's which is an improvement, and he passed the ball quickly most of the time, but he also didn't have any Assists which I hope improves a little.

Originally posted by pogo View Post
      Porter as good as he looked against Mizzou looked pretty ineffective against osu.
      If one looks at CP's shooting, he looked really good against Mizzou, and pretty ineffective against OSU. I hope his shooting improves, and I think it is a little confidence. However, he has a lot of good offensive strengths (free throws are what I hope improves most), and Qua with his ability to penetrate and CP could really be complimentary in the future offensively.

CP led with 8 Rebounds, and a couple of blocked shots. Odd stats for a PG, but he does think of himself as a facilitator first. He also led us in Assists, and I think a couple of his TO's were not his fault but Mo and he still are learning each other. CP's defense is also very good.

Originally posted by pogo View Post
      RC IV played well but I agree with a previous post in that when RC IV has the ball he's going to shoot it.
      RC4 also led us with 4 assists, and was right behind CP with 7 rebounds. HIs shooting is the biggest factor in us winning the game imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
        Get out of your comfort zone and support these warriors
        I think having the game at Intrust will help. After seeing the corporate seats in Koch empty all the time, Intrust should feel oversold.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

I think having the game at Intrust will help. After seeing the corporate seats in Koch empty all the time, Intrust should feel oversold.
          How many tickets have been sold?

Will KSU bring more fans to the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I believe we are one of now three. Don't remember the other two
            Tulsa in the early 80's won 4. Depaul way back in the 40's.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Uh most of the teams in front of us don’t require murderous non-cons because they’re in conferences that’ll have 15 opportunities for Q1 wins. It’s not rocket science. Maybe for some.

UNLV, Missouri, OSU, and K State are not NCAA Tournament teams. Argue that one for me. We won’t have a win over an NCAA Tournament team in the non-con. And you’re trying to tell me this a great schedule? lol

Look, I’m glad we’re 6-1 and have a couple of road wins. It’s better than I thought we’d be at this point. But my god, we haven’t won a murderous row and we sure haven’t looked glamorous when doing it.
              I believe Oklahoma St. would be an at-large if it were eligible. You're really letting last night cloud your judgement on them. They were a nearly unanimous pick to make the tournament in the preseason. Not sure about UNLV, probably not. Mizzou might actually be bad, but a road win there is still an OK win.

We require murders row in the non-con to get an at-large?

In 2017 we were a 4-seed at-large, with a whopping 0 wins over at-large NCAA Tournament teams in our non-con. Lost the two games against At-Large teams we played.

I expect the American won't be as good this year, but maybe not - it won't be significantly worse.

Comment

• The offensive woes can be cleaned up simply by shaking up the starting lineup and the player combinations used throughout the game. Step 1 - replace Joe P. with either Jackson or Council and shift the positions accordingly.

Comment

• Plus 30 with Council IV on floor, minus 16 with Pleasant.

Pretty obvious why we seem to start every game and second half slow.

Comment

• I think we're starting to see our coaching staff getting better. The decision to go zone, the change to our pick and roll offense, rebounding, defending, and transition offense all have improved. Even the adjustments that were made by extending the zone during the second half.

It was good to see some other guys step up when Tyson wasn't having a good game. RC4 needs to start. Monzy needs more minutes. I think Mo is starting to put some good games together and hopefully that continues, but I really like our center duo this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

RC4 does shoot a lot but he also tied for the team lead in assists last night with 4.
                      He is also shooting 52.7% FG and 50% 3FG. If those percentages wouldn't dip too much from more volume, he should be shooting more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

RC4 does shoot a lot but he also tied for the team lead in assists last night with 4.
                        This was the most encouraging sign to me. We know Ricky can score. Last year he showed an ability and willingness to find his teammates when he drew the defense. Last night was one of the first times this year that he’s shown that again.

Several of our guys looked more under control, including Ricky.

Comment

• MVP last night was Udeze. When he got a good pass, he did good things with it. When he got a bad pass, he struggled, understandably so. But he made the defense guard him.

Also, don’t go putting that evil on him about those two Porter Turnovers. First one he stopped. If he continues, he gets the ball deep under the basket with Cisse in prime position. Second one he was turning to box out as it should have been a kick out for 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

How many tickets have been sold?

Will KSU bring more fans to the game?
                            Not sure how many have sold, but doubt KSU brings more fans. They are a football school. Just thinking to myself that the empty seats at Koch will be filled at Intrust.

Of course, maybe those empty seats aren't empty for KSU @ Koch.... who knows.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

I believe Oklahoma St. would be an at-large if it were eligible. You're really letting last night cloud your judgement on them. They were a nearly unanimous pick to make the tournament in the preseason. Not sure about UNLV, probably not. Mizzou might actually be bad, but a road win there is still an OK win.

We require murders row in the non-con to get an at-large?

In 2017 we were a 4-seed at-large, with a whopping 0 wins over at-large NCAA Tournament teams in our non-con. Lost the two games against At-Large teams we played.

I expect the American won't be as good this year, but maybe not - it won't be significantly worse.
                              Are you seriously gonna keep arguing this? You think OSU is a tournament team? Based on what? Michigan was ranked 4th in the preseason. How’s that working out?

2017-18 we started with a higher baseline. Surely you understand how that works right? We also had superb metrics that year. That helped. Oh and we lost the conference by a point and beat a Top 5 team on the road. That sort of helps… I guess you’re banking on that for us this year.

Just stop arguing with me just for the sake of arguing with me.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Nobody came off a pick like Jamaal Tatum. Best technical player I ever saw.
                                Amen to that. You could watch it all unfold from the stands. Then, there it is.......the ball arrives at the same time he hits his spot for 2 (or 3).

He's a player opponent's fans loved to hate, but I could only hate to love. He and that offense were stone-cold killers.

Comment

Working...
                                X