Wichita State at Oklahoma State Game Thread 12-1-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post
    There are pieces of art that art Rembrandts. Then, there are the Hunter Biden version.
    Still laughing...good one!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Didn’t Stetson Hairston score like 40 against us at the Ks Coliseum and SIU won something like 114-42?
      94-59. Complete ass kicking

Hairston only had 14 that night. Darren Brooks had a hell of a game though.

Box Score

Brooks was a damn good player. Not that Hairston sucked by any means.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

According to Kenpom there are only 14 schools in the top 100 of the rankings to have a harder non-con SOS so far than us. Multiple different ranking systems have our SOS in the top 100 in the nation (and many of the teams with the best SOS are teams like Tarleton who are playing a bunch of bye games on the road).
        KP isn’t really a great analyzer this early in the season unless you want to include part of last season in your analysis.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

We are 54 on KenPom.

Out of the 53 teams ahead of us... SEVEN have played tougher schedules.

Which means we have played a tougher schedule than 44 of the top-50 teams in the country.

JFC you are so dumb.
          What does that even mean? That teams in front of us are playing bad teams too? Great?

If you’re counting on this non-con to get into the Tournament, you’re dumber than I thought.

Also. It’s a little early to go all data throwdown on me. I seem to unhinge you a lot. Stop being so damn angry and grab a michelob ultra and pipe down.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

If you can’t see the difference than Joe and Tyson, you had too much alcohol.
            Meter check on isle 5 please!

Comment

• Get out of your comfort zone and support these warriors
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

That happened to SIU version 2.0. The peak SIU teams were great fun to watch on both ends. No fun to play against.
                Nobody came off a pick like Jamaal Tatum. Best technical player I ever saw.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

What does that even mean? That teams in front of us are playing bad teams too? Great?

If you’re counting on this non-con to get into the Tournament, you’re dumber than I thought.

Also. It’s a little early to go all data throwdown on me. I seem to unhinge you a lot. Stop being so damn angry and grab a michelob ultra and pipe down.
                  I prefer Coors OG.

It means that we have played a much better non-con schedule than most other teams we are competing against for bids? Is that really hard to understand or are you just playing dumb?

Idk about counting on... but I think this year's resume in the non-con has just as much of a chance to help us as it does most years. The game last night will be one of our better wins of the season... Take that however you want, but it is true. We will probably get about 5-7 Q1 opportunities. Maybe less.

Also KenPom includes preseason rankings in the formula. So last year's results still very much a part of those ratings.

Comment

• Did I hear the announcers correctly that WSU is the first non-conference opponent to win three games @ OSU?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

I prefer Coors OG.

It means that we have played a much better non-con schedule than most other teams we are competing against for bids? Is that really hard to understand or are you just playing dumb?

Idk about counting on... but I think this year's resume in the non-con has just as much of a chance to help us as it does most years. The game last night will be one of our better wins of the season... Take that however you want, but it is true. We will probably get about 5-7 Q1 opportunities. Maybe less.

Also KenPom includes preseason rankings in the formula. So last year's results still very much a part of those ratings.
                      Uh most of the teams in front of us don’t require murderous non-cons because they’re in conferences that’ll have 15 opportunities for Q1 wins. It’s not rocket science. Maybe for some.

UNLV, Missouri, OSU, and K State are not NCAA Tournament teams. Argue that one for me. We won’t have a win over an NCAA Tournament team in the non-con. And you’re trying to tell me this a great schedule? lol

Look, I’m glad we’re 6-1 and have a couple of road wins. It’s better than I thought we’d be at this point. But my god, we haven’t won a murderous row and we sure haven’t looked glamorous when doing it.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I don't understand it. We ugly it up and we won. OSU should be better. We play hard and the changing up defenses is effective (as it always would have been)

Comment

• Overall, WSU's offense is still very ugly. However, there have been some positive signs the past few games. Notably, the pick and roll is being used more successfully, and players who drive the ball are sometimes passing it (this is big). Mo's low post game is also getting closer to what it was last season. Lastly, although there are still too many turnovers, a good number of the turnovers last night were a result of guys looking to make plays for teammates. I can stomach those turnovers over guys driving into two, or sometimes three, defenders.

Looking at individual performances, Ricky Council IV might be our second best playmaker (I think Craig Porter is #1). He really understands when to be selfish and when to make the extra pass. His defense was really sharp last night as well. If Ricky can consistently score it should open up more looks for Tyson Etienne.
                          Last edited by TrackSuitAndTie; December 2, 2021, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                            Overall, WSU's offense is still very ugly, there have been some positive signs the past few games. Notably, the pick and roll is being used more successfully, and players who drive the ball are sometimes passing it (this is big). Mo's low post game is also getting closer to what it was last season. Lastly, although there are still too many turnovers, a good number of the turnovers last night were a result of guys looking to make plays for teammates. I can stomach those turnovers over guys driving into two, or sometimes three, defenders.

Looking at individual performances, Ricky Council IV might be our second best playmaker (I think Craig Porter is #1). He really understands when to be selfish and when to make the extra pass. His defense was really sharp last night as well. If Ricky can consistently score it should open up more looks for Tyson Etienne.
                            I’m encouraged by what I’ve seen on the offensive end lately, it’s trending up. More crisp, decisive passing. The guys look more cohesive, like they’re all getting on the same page. Less one on one against the world early in the shot clock. Transition offense was better.

Yes, it’s still a work in progress but that’s not unexpected after seven games.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                              Not a good start to either half. Porter as good as he looked against Mizzou looked pretty ineffective against osu. Qua came in and again pushed too hard and was equally ineffective. Mo after a slow team start got things going and I actually counted at least three passes out of a double triple team in the post. Dexter was Dexter. RC IV played well but I agree with a previous post in that when RC IV has the ball he's going to shoot it. Monzy brought his usual frenzy approach. Nice use of the press and utilizing a zone in BOTH halves and the transition D looked better. Still can't stand prosperity on a fast break though. Anxious moments were plenty but we always had someone come through when we needed it to keep the game within reach. Tough defense tonight. SEC and then Big less than 12 announcers are tough to listen to but at least the latter group could pronounce Udeze correctly. Looking forward to seeing many thousands of my best friends Sunday downtown. Our group is going to Emerson's before hand which I believe is also hosting a large amount of kitten fans in the back room. Go Shocks
                              RC4 does shoot a lot but he also tied for the team lead in assists last night with 4.
                              I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                                Did I hear the announcers correctly that WSU is the first non-conference opponent to win three games @ OSU?
                                I believe we are one of now three. Don't remember the other two
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X