Wichita State at Oklahoma State Game Thread 12-1-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

Probably raised the Shox "luck" factor by a dozen or more points. That seems to be KenPom's way of saying "I was right" even when he's wrong.
    This applies to anything ever developed or proposed by an actuary. I already know what my 2022 results will be and the year hasn’t even happened yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      This team is an enigma. They’re finding ways to win against not the greatest of competition but yes they are winning. Unfortunately, for resume purposes, our best note is an OT loss to Arizona. We’re not gonna have any quality non con wins, which puts the pressure on at conference time.

Again, great to see the winning, but this team leaves soooo much more on the table. I think it may eventually catch up with them but I hope I’m wrong. Should be 11-1 heading into ECU.
      Taylor Eldridge just wrote that this will almost certainly be Quadrant 1 Road Win for us? How is that not a quality non-con win?

Comment

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post

Taylor Eldridge just wrote that this will almost certainly be Quadrant 1 Road Win for us? How is that not a quality non-con win?
        You think that Oklahoma State team is finishing in the Top 75? I suppose just playing in the Big 12 will save them but that looked like a cellar dweller type team to me. They sure as hell ain’t making the tournament. I guess if you wanna call that “quality”” then so be it.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
          Shox were outscored tonight by 16 in Pleasant’s 8 minutes. It seems crystal clear that the main lineup needs to be small-ball with Council at the 3 and Dexter at the 4. With Monzy subbing for Ricky and Dex. I don’t have anything against Joe, I think he still deserves a shot at minutes, but right now those opportunities should be limited to low-risk situations until he can prove himself.
          Hey let's not pick on Joe. Our best player only outscored him by 5 tonight...just sayin.

Comment

This team is an enigma. They’re finding ways to win against not the greatest of competition but yes they are winning. Unfortunately, for resume purposes, our best note is an OT loss to Arizona. We’re not gonna have any quality non con wins, which puts the pressure on at conference time.

Again, great to see the winning, but this team leaves soooo much more on the table. I think it may eventually catch up with them but I hope I’m wrong. Should be 11-1 heading into ECU.
            There is every reason to believe that the win we literally just had tonight will be a Q1 win (all OSU has to do is be top 75 for it to be Q1). That will be our only Q1 win to go alongside the Q1 loss to Arizona, but we have several other games that could prove to be Q2 (Missouri, UNLV, KSU). That kind of outcome might be a problem if we were still in the Valley and had to bank entirely on the non-con for Q1 wins, but in the AAC an 11-1 record with a 1-1 Q1 and maybe 2 Q2 wins puts you in perfectly reasonable position for an at-large without having to win the league. Obviously we can't afford to suck in league play, but that should be a given for a team wanting to make the NCAAs (unless you are Syracuse).
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Anybody remember when SIU was REALLY good? Their offense seemed to be dribbling around the perimeter and taking whatever shot they could get at the end of the shot clock. That seems to be the pattern for teams that put their main emphaasis on defense.

There's only so much practice time to go around. Emphasize D and the O will suffer. Emphasize O and the D will suffer. Pick your poison.

Comment

You think that Oklahoma State team is finishing in the Top 75? I suppose just playing in the Big 12 will save them but that looked like a cellar dweller type team to me. They sure as hell ain’t making the tournament. I guess if you wanna call that “quality”” then so be it.
                It will be a Q1 win.

There will be… more than 3 or 4 top-7 NCAA Tournament seeds that don’t win in Stillwater.

You’re blind.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                  Anybody remember when SIU was REALLY good? Their offense seemed to be dribbling around the perimeter and taking whatever shot they could get at the end of the shot clock. That seems to be the pattern for teams that put their main emphaasis on defense.

There's only so much practice time to go around. Emphasize D and the O will suffer. Emphasize O and the D will suffer. Pick your poison.
                  That happened to SIU version 2.0. The peak SIU teams were great fun to watch on both ends. No fun to play against.

Comment

• Oklahoma State isn't making the tourney .....

Because they are banned from the tourney ... i'm sure that will be held against us.

Comment

• Isn’t it funny how teams always look bad when they play us?

I wonder what the common denominator is there?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

It will be a Q1 win.

There will be… more than 3 or 4 top-7 NCAA Tournament seeds that don’t win in Stillwater.

You’re blind.
                        IB haters gotta post something to reinforce their opinion. OU is 7-1 after hiring Moser. I'm certain Fever would be much happier had we hired Moser instead of IB. Of course half the current players on the roster may have hit the portal.

Comment

Isn’t it funny how teams always look bad when they play us?

KenPom has where WSU defense ranked relative to each team's opponents.

Jax St. - #2
                          S. Alabama - #2
                          Tarleton St - #1
                          Arizona - #1
                          UNLV - #7
                          Missouri - #1
                          OSU - #1

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

KenPom has where WSU defense ranked relative to each team's opponents.

Jax St. - #2
                            S. Alabama - #2
                            Tarleton St - #1
                            Arizona - #1
                            UNLV - #7
                            Missouri - #1
                            OSU - #1
                            It’s almost like… they’re really good at defense. And sometimes lost on offense.

Like, pretty much every Gregg Marshall team ever.

Comment

It will be a Q1 win.

You’re blind.
                              You just called me blind? LMFAO
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Isn’t it funny how teams always look bad when they play us?

Playing bad teams?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X