Wichita State at Oklahoma State Game Thread 12-1-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita State at Oklahoma State Game Thread 12-1-21

WICHITA STATE (5-1) at -/RV OKLAHOMA STATE (6-1)
    WICH +6

WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 1, 2021 | 7:00 P.M. CT
    STILLWATER, OKLAHOMA| GALLAGHER-IBA ARENA
    TV: BIG 12 NETWORK/ESPN+ with Mike Wolfe & John Holcomb
    RADIO: KEYN 103.7 FM https://www.radio.com/keyn/listen
    SERIES: OSU LEADS SERIES 31-10
    LAST MEETING: DECEMBER 12, 2020. WICHITA, KS
    WSU 64 - OSU 67
    • Wichita State goes in search of its third-consecutive win at Gallagher-Iba Arena on Wednesday when it takes on the Oklahoma State Cowboys in non-conference action.
    • WSU defeated OSU on its home floor in December of 2017 and 2019. Prior to that, the Shockers were a combined 2-17 in Stillwater.
    • WSU is looking to become just the third non-conference foe to win three-straight at GIA, joining Tulsa (1979, 81, 83, 85) and DePaul (1945, 49, 50).
    • WSU and OSU revived their series in 2016 and will play for the fifth time in six years. During that span the road teams are a perfect 4-0.
    • On Dec. 12 of last year, OSU defeated the Shockers, 67-64, in front of just over 500 fans at Charles Koch Arena. Cade Cunningham delivered a game-winning three with 10 seconds left.
    • OSU (6-1) rides a five-game winning streak after an overtime road win at Oral Roberts last Friday. The Cowboys average a nation-best 41.3 points from their bench and also rank among the D-I leaders in blocks (5th, 7.4), steals (t-5th, 11.7) and field goal percentage defense (11th, .359).
    • WSU (5-1) is coming off a 61-55 road victory at Mizzou last Friday. Tyson Etienne scored 13 of his game-high 18 after halftime for the Shockers, who never trailed and led by as many as 13 down the stretch.
    • Etienne, last year's American Athletic Conference co-Player of the Year, averages a team-high 18.6 points and 3.2 threes-per-game. He's scored 73 points over his last three games – 60 of them after halftime.
    • Reserve forward Kenny Pohto was named AAC Freshman of the Week on Monday after scoring in double-figures for the second straight game. He had 10 points and seven boards in just 16 minutes at Mizzou. Pohto is the team's second-leading scorer on a per-minute basis (16.7-per-40).
    • Five of the Shockers' first six games have been decided by six-points-or-less. Their four victories are tied for second nationally behind James Madison (5).
    • Isaac Brown has won three-quarters of his games as Shocker head coach (21-7), tying Gary Thompson for the best 28-game start in the program's modern era. Notably, Thompson's 28th game and 21st victory came against OSU in the 1965 Midwest Regional Final.
    • WSU is 6-2 in true road games under Brown. The Shockers' .750 road winning percentage (84-28) since the start of the 2011-12 season is second only to Gonzaga.
    • WSU ranks 22nd nationally in three-point defense, limiting foes to 25.9 percent.
    • Wednesday marks West Texas A&M transfer Qua Grant's 100th collegiate game. He's played 2,999 minutes in parts of four seasons. The two-time D-II All-American has over 1,800 career points and led his team to a national runner-up finish in 2021.

Let's go!!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Tonight’s crew —
      John Higgins, Byron Jarrett, K.B. Burdett, JR

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
        Tonight’s crew —
        John Higgins, Byron Jarrett, K.B. Burdett, JR
        We get the A-Team! Big Higgins fan.

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

We get the A-Team! Big Higgins fan.
          I know a lot of people don’t like him, but I think he does a good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post

I know a lot of people don’t like him, but I think he does a good job.
            He's been one of the best for over a decade.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Two good looks for Mo up front. Not quite there

Comment

So many missed close looks so far

Comment

Get Mo outs there please.

Comment

Mo gave up an easy putback because he just had to ****ing dribble...
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

To the bench

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                        Get Mo outs there please.
                        Pohto in

Comment

We're only 3 minutes in and I have heard them call Sissy's name way too much ...
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            Mo gave up an easy putback because he just had to ****ing dribble...
                            For all that is holy.... I do not understand that. So easy.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Got an NBA continuation there

Comment

Working...
                              X