Wichita State at Oklahoma State Game Thread 12-1-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nm
    Last edited by Wooglin; December 1, 2021, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Cuz many on the bench are better than the vets
      Slow starts are going to happen....

TE is completely covered up.
      Dex is have his early season shooting slump.
      Pleasant is mostly invisible.
      Porter is trying to run team and distribute ball.
      Mo is Mo, but getting much better.

Where is the scoring going to come from? No disrespect to our guys, but I just don't see the offensive punch we need to start a game.

Comment

• Monzy was great tonight! Really helped us gain momentum as the first half came to a close. He also looked a little better in the half court. No question he is this year’s JYD.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

2????????
          1. It is still early enough in the season that Kenpom is fairly weighted to its preseason rankings, so rapid movement is difficult.

2. How many ranks you move is dictated by the gap in AdjEM between you and the teams ahead of you. We had quite a bit a gap to cover to surpass the teams directly in front of us. I don't have the exact amount of AdjEM we gained, but I think it was about +1.1. For context, if we had another 1.1 jump it would move us up 8 ranks because the teams are much more bunched together in AdjEM ahead of us now than where we were. So it may have only been 2 ranks today, but it pulled us into striking range of a large set of teams that we were previously quite far way from.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
            Monzy was great tonight! Really helped us gain momentum as the first half came to a close. He also looked a little better in the half court. No question he is this year’s JYD.
            download.jpeg

Comment

• When the defense is overplaying TE like that, shouldn’t it open up some back door opportunities?

Comment

• I am not picking on him but it sure would be nice if DD could contribute on offense. When he is in with RC4 and TE it makes it really difficult for the other team face guard TE. Speaking of TE you guys do realize that OSU had Likekele guarding him for most of the game. He is one of the best defensive players in the Big 12. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

I don't know what to say. Which 3 players on this team do you think will make it to the NBA? Which player on this team is going to emerge as a player who gets multiple 30-point games in the NBA and is rated as one of the top 4 productive players in the league? Then there's the comparison between Carl Hall and Joe Pleasant. Or more likely, the comparison between Pleasant and Wessel.

I'll hang up and wait for your answer.
                  Kinda apples and oranges. I didn’t say overall level of fight+drive+grit+determination+talent+BBall Iq, all of which make Fred and Ron who they are. I said overall talent.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                    I am not picking on him but it sure would be nice if DD could contribute on offense. When he is in with RC4 and TE it makes it really difficult for the other team face guard TE. Speaking of TE you guys do realize that OSU had Likekele guarding him for most of the game. He is one of the best defensive players in the Big 12. Go Shocks.
                    He is this team's version of Evan Wessel.

Comment

• I like this team in a lot of ways. They just perplex me. Our offense looks so fragmented. I hold my breath when Dex or Mo try to dribble the ball. Tyson can barely get a shot off and hardly ever an open one. JP does a lot of little things but nothing shows up in the box score. The young guys play young at times. But somehow we just keep winning. We could be scary good if we figure things out.
                      I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

2????????
                        Probably raised the Shox "luck" factor by a dozen or more points. That seems to be KenPom's way of saying "I was right" even when he's wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                          I want to hear from the great prognosticator Bleed Yellow and his insightful analysis. I will hang up and listen.
                          My connection must be bad.

Comment

• This team is an enigma. They’re finding ways to win against not the greatest of competition but yes they are winning. Unfortunately, for resume purposes, our best note is an OT loss to Arizona. We’re not gonna have any quality non con wins, which puts the pressure on at conference time.

Again, great to see the winning, but this team leaves soooo much more on the table. I think it may eventually catch up with them but I hope I’m wrong. Should be 11-1 heading into ECU.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxplode View Post
                              When the defense is overplaying TE like that, shouldn’t it open up some back door opportunities?
                              Pohto had a couple opportunities to hit the back door cut, but had already decided where the ball was going and both led to points I believe. ACBK will definitely be watching that.

Comment

• Shox were outscored tonight by 16 in Pleasant’s 8 minutes. It seems crystal clear that the main lineup needs to be small-ball with Council at the 3 and Dexter at the 4. With Monzy subbing for Ricky and Dex. I don’t have anything against Joe, I think he still deserves a shot at minutes, but right now those opportunities should be limited to low-risk situations until he can prove himself.

Comment

Working...
                                X