Wichita State at Oklahoma State Game Thread 12-1-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
    Tonight it wasn’t even so much the volume shooting and bad shot selection, it was the bad defense, bad turnovers, and failures to box out
    Ok, in the zone he didn’t recover to the shooter in time and they knocked down the shot. IB said in the coaches show they might give up a couple 3’s and play the percentages, OSU shot 29% thus game plan followed. I agree on 2 turnovers in 30 plus minutes. 2 others in the 1st half could have been awarded to Pohto and I believe IB would concur as he pulled Kenny afterwards. Again IB said in the show Monday ‘we’ll have to be strong with the ball, meet the ball and catch it with 2 hands’. I will have to watch again to catch the failed box outs.

I would bet TE grades out as a plus for the team after review.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Respectfully disagree. He mad some dumb passes at critical times. Some of those missed passes to Mo weren't all Mo's fault. Just calling it as I saw it.

But, they had more turnovers than us, so...
      A couple of the passes to Mo were just Mo not reacting. Mo even said so on the post game interview. Porter is a solid pg.
      I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Are we playing angry again?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          IB just gave big respect to FHCGM for teaching him about playing on the road in case anyone cares.
          Heard that. HCIB said he learned from a great coach. If you're going to win on the road you have to rebound and play great defense.
          I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Porter had 5 TO's, but probably some of them weren't deserved
            We could make an accounting adjustment and slide at least one of those -- and really two of them -- under the Udeze column. But I suppose as PG, Porter has to recognize what Udeze's strengths and weaknesses are, and make the best out of it.
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• So our benchplay really is helping. There is no quit in these fiesty Shockers. Now they all understand that TE doesn't have to score loads of points for us to win. Not even on the road versus a quality team!!!
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

A couple of the passes to Mo were just Mo not reacting. Mo even said so on the post game interview. Porter is a solid pg.
                The leading pass: 100% on Udeze. The leading pass was fantastic recognition of Udeze's movement, and the defender's back to the ball. Udeze made the right run, but took his eye off the play maker.

I'm mixed on the hot potato toss. A senior center should probably be able to handle that, but Porter put a touch more heat on it than necessary, making it difficult.
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                  Are we playing angry again?
                  Right...it sure seems like almost there. Definitely starting to sense that. Playing angry with a little bit of a twist that I just can't put my finger on yet. Not quite the same as it once was...but not not showing signs of it either. Hmmm.
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

Wow you really have to contort yourself to come up with this thought. Udeze lost because the other guy didn’t play as much as you thought he would. Lol! 14 and 5. 4 and 5. Not. Even. Close
                    And Sissy only had one foul! Why wasn’t he playing more? It wasn’t definitely wasn’t because he was dominating.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

Exactly. RCIV stepped up and made the plays.

So long as we have 1 or 2 that fill in when ET is bottled up, we'll be ok.
                      And you do that consistently enough, it is likely that teams will reconsider how aggressively they overplay on Tyson, which will give him chances to have easier looks. We've had flashes of making teams pay for that defensive approach, it is just a matter of doing it consistently.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Our kenpom rank moved up 2 spots with the win (almost 3 spots) and our defensive rank moved from #44 to #30. It will be interesting to see where the defensive rank lands once kenpom is no longer using last year's data in the formula (which is usually sometime in late January although each new game also makes the pre-season data a smaller part of the calculation).
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Crazy season so far. 6-1 but feels like 2-4. So odd. But the one thing WSU seems to be bringing each game is their D.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                            Our kenpom rank moved up 2 spots with the win (almost 3 spots) and our defensive rank moved from #44 to #30. It will be interesting to see where the defensive rank lands once kenpom is no longer using last year's data in the formula (which is usually sometime in late January although each new game also makes the pre-season data a smaller part of the calculation).
                            2????????

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                              Are we playing angry again?
                              I don't know if we are playing angry , but I like the fight in these guys. They are playing good defense and rebounding better this year. That needs to continue. This is not the time to slack off. I know some want to change the starting lineup, but that a mistake in my opinion. We need RC4, MJ, QG, and KP coming off the bench. It's a TEAM game and I trust Coach IB to make the decisions on line up as he deems necessary.

Kstate and Weber do not respect us. They are constantly putting our team down and our league. That is all I hear up here. Power 5 this Power 5 that. It would be a good time for the Shocks to finally play two good halves. Shocks can't let those guys shoot wide open 3 pointers and drive to the cup. Can any shocker player stay in front of his man? . Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                                So our benchplay really is helping. There is no quit in these fiesty Shockers. Now they all understand that TE doesn't have to score loads of points for us to win. Not even on the road versus a quality team!!!
                                Cuz many on the bench are better than the vets

Comment

Working...
                                X