Wichita State vs Tarleton Game Thread 11-16-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Still don't think we look like a dance team. I remember not developing AM. He transferred
    and became a beast at Grand Canyon. Pohto has that kind of potential. Develop him
    before you lose him!!!!!!!!! He makes one mistake on defense and gets jerked. That is
    not the way to develop and instill confidence. MU makes lots of mistakes but doesn't get
    the hook. I don't think this team reaches it's ceiling without developing him. Do it quick or
    who knows? More TO's than assists tonight. Bad recipe. Grant played well........like him.
    Wrong as usual. KP could not guard anyone tonight. He was not quick enough on defense. And thank goodness we don't have to watch AM. That was a waisted scholarship..

Comment

• Council has a little TP in him. He did have 3 assists, so he isn't totally committed to shooting every time he toucheas the ball. He is overconfident of his ability to drive to the basket through a packed lane.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
        Most of KU's 26-point W over Tarleton was done after the game was decided Tarleton hung with KU for most of the game. The final score didn't indicate how the game was played.

For the game, the Shox hit 42.9% of their 3's, 45.5% in the second half. Udeze got his game untracked in the second half. Jenkins showed that he can produce.

Face it, the Shox are going to be playing low-scoring games this year. There were a lot of positives in this game. Most posters are still looking for the negatives and wanting to criticize Brown. No one's come out and said "IB sucks", but the implications are there in many of the negative posts.
        Actually, No. I support the Shockers win or lose. I support our Coach. I also will call out sloppy play and praise good play. The game on the floor has not matched the pre-season rhetoric. Nothing wrong with that being called out.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Wrong as usual. KP could not guard anyone tonight. He was not quick enough on defense. And thank goodness we don't have to watch AM. That was a waisted scholarship..
          Man, I wish we were wasting one on him right now as well.

Comment

• I have yet to see the start of a season match the pre-season rhetoric in any year when there weren't multiple NBA players on the roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
              I have yet to see the start of a season match the pre-season rhetoric in any year when there weren't multiple NBA players on the roster.
              Then maybe they should cool the rhetoric and just play the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                Still don't think we look like a dance team. I remember not developing AM. He transferred
                and became a beast at Grand Canyon. Pohto has that kind of potential. Develop him
                before you lose him!!!!!!!!! He makes one mistake on defense and gets jerked. That is
                not the way to develop and instill confidence. MU makes lots of mistakes but doesn't get
                the hook. I don't think this team reaches it's ceiling without developing him. Do it quick or
                who knows? More TO's than assists tonight. Bad recipe. Grant played well........like him.
                Comparing AM to Pohto is just beyond ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post

Man, I wish we were wasting one on him right now as well.
                  but what if we were waisting it on him?

Comment

• Also….

Can someone explain why Pleasant gets more minutes than Monzy?

What am I missing? And I believe I’m missing something. Cuz it doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

Comment

• First game in person this year…. Some thoughts…
                      * was worried the Shockers would EVER make a shot early on
                      * thought Mo was VERRRRY average / below average early except defensive rebounding
                      * porter got off his game with foul trouble… he’ll be better
                      * like Grant a lot … like Kenny a lot… liked Chauncey a WHOLE lot…. Wish Monzy played more
                      * whoever said Ricky has a bit of TP in him is an idiot…. Such an insult to Ricky

loved pulling away at end…. FIVE shot clock violations!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Singeril View Post

The “Negative Nancy’s” have been right the last three years.
                        How’s that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

but what if we were waisting it on him?
                          Having his size and strength and improved skills wouldn’t be a waste.

Comment

• This team will look a lot better when they start making shots, you always look better when you hit your shots. Defense has been pretty good through the first 3 games and a lot of our success will depend on how much production we get from our frontline players. We have some talented players but if we don’t play smart and unselfish we will struggle…

Comment

• Not knocking MU's game tonight especially the 2nd half, but we were going to win this game
                              with or without him. If we are going to be a dance team we are going to need Pohto and he
                              won't get better on the bench. Opportunity missed tonight. In addition, he is the only
                              center so far for next season and we have not had this level of freshman center in awhile so
                              keep him happy. Can't afford to lose him so more PT please !

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                                Also….

Can someone explain why Pleasant gets more minutes than Monzy?

What am I missing? And I believe I’m missing something. Cuz it doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.
                                Joe is..................steady (yeah I don't get it either)

Comment

Working...
                                X