No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Tarleton Game Thread 11-16-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad to get the W. It’s a long season so hopefully the dumb mistakes go down.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Hey fever how did that Alabama prediction pan out?
      I think South Alabama’s going to the Final Four
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• There is a fine line between playing fast and playing out of control. And with the lead, we often played out of control.

Comment

• Isaac Brown with the best 25 game start for a MBB coach in WSU history (19-6). Pretty good for a guy who just "rolls the balls out" and "let's the dawgs be dawgs" lmao

Comment

• Good win…this is not a pushover team we played.
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
              There is a fine line between playing fast and playing out of control. And with the lead, we often played out of control.
              Yeah need higher bbiq if we want to be successful in playing run n gun.

Comment

• Shane HAS to be wrong in his mentioning IB the winningest coach after 25 games in WSU history. That CAN NOT be correct. That HAD to be our last coach, didn’t it?

Comment

• Won and covered without ETN.

Turnovers were baaaad.

I thought most everything else was pretty good IMO.

9-21 from 3-point is more like it. And I think will generally be more the norm than first 2 games.

Just liked the general hustle and grit. Thought the press just activates a good part of this team.

Don’t feel like we’ll beat Arizona. But hopefully hang around

Comment

• "... they are going to be pretty salty in the lacquered."

It's really entertaining watching a Shox game with closed caption turned on.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I think South Alabama’s going to the Final Four
                      Thought they were gonna win by 30, right? Or maybe you don’t know ****.

Comment

• When we tried to run clock the last 5 minutes of the game (happened 2-3 times) with a double digit lead, we spread out the 4 corners, but we would hold onto the ball and allow them to double team, and they were good at double teaming. Pass the ball to the open man before the DT. Not smart.

Comment

• Second half looked better, course, we made shots

Comment

• Most of KU's 26-point W over Tarleton was done after the game was decided Tarleton hung with KU for most of the game. The final score didn't indicate how the game was played.

For the game, the Shox hit 42.9% of their 3's, 45.5% in the second half. Udeze got his game untracked in the second half. Jenkins showed that he can produce.

Face it, the Shox are going to be playing low-scoring games this year. There were a lot of positives in this game. Most posters are still looking for the negatives and wanting to criticize Brown. No one's come out and said "IB sucks", but the implications are there in many of the negative posts.
                            Last edited by WuTheOne; November 16, 2021, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Tarelton State was not good but they were pesky on defense and showed our guys something that will make them better down the road. Mo has got to be more decisive when he gets the ball. Either go up strong immediately or pass it out. He gets caught in between way too often. Another thing is that I feel like a lot of these guys are still trying to figure out their roles. Both our PGs are basically new to D1 as little as Porter played last year. Not sure we’re ready for the next batch of games but it’s hear and we need to play better than we have the first 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                                Shane HAS to be wrong in his mentioning IB the winningest coach after 25 games in WSU history. That CAN NOT be correct. That HAD to be our last coach, didn’t it?
                                What kind of ignorant point are you trying to make? 3G barely had a team when he got here. IB wasn't taking over a reclamation project like most new coaches we've had. I don't hate IB but comments like this serve no purpose other than making you look foolish
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X