No announcement yet.

Kenny Pohto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miller's nickname was "Fifi". He overcame that by the time he was a Jr. Hall's nickname was "The Beast". Mo is somewhere behind Fifi right now.

Comment

Bump….. this kid into the starting lineup.
      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
        Bump….. this kid into the starting lineup.
        MU is so unpredictable its better we bring KP off the bench in my opinion. KP brings basketball IQ and shooting.

Comment

At this stage of the season Pohto can still come off the bench. He may be maturing faster than expected but he is still a freshman. Good to have a smart, stable player as the backup while MU works through the problems in his game.

Comment

I like KP coming off the bench. He is pushing for more minutes and I would guess MU feels him breathing down his neck. It should push both players to be better. Until there is a distinct advantage of playing one over the other, I think MU starting and KP nibbling at his minutes is a very good thing.

Comment

I like having a second lineup of KP, Council, Monzy and Qua. You could make an argument for any of them to start. Plus, Mo leads the team in expressions made after a foul and I hate to mess up his streak by reducing his minutes.

Comment

First of many….
                If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

Kenny is incredible and has the potential to be the best player on the team in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                    Kenny is incredible and has the potential to be the best player on the team in the future.
                    If not “best” then most important. Maybe it’s not in his skillset but something tells me he’s a good enough passer and sees the floor well enough to be some facsimile of an offensive lynchpin a la the big lefty from Loyola.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

If not “best” then most important. Maybe it’s not in his skillset but something tells me he’s a good enough passer and sees the floor well enough to be some facsimile of an offensive lynchpin a la the big lefty from Loyola.
                      As he gets more comfortable with his back to the basket, he is absolutely the type of player that we can center around and play inside out when we want to. The kid has very good vision and has shown to be a good passer. We've seen him use the little hook shot a few times when inside, but his current strength is stretching the D. But he's not going to be, nor is he now, one dimensional.

Having a good passing big can create so many good opportunities for everyone, including the big.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

For a guy who was used mainly on the perimeter at Sunrise, and a guy who said dunking wasn't part of his game when he got to WSU, I think his inside game is developing at a rather astounding pace. He's developing aggressiveness around the basket. Add 20 pounds to that 6'111" frame before next year and he could be hard to stop around the basket.

Comment

I think he is going to be very good. I am pleasantly surprised by his production. The only caution I have is he has yet to be really scouted. Hopefully he will be flexible enough to adjust as other teams become more familiar with his tendencies.

Comment

He’s already the best post player we’ve had as a freshman in 20+ years. Sky is the limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              He’s already the best post player we’ve had as a freshman in 20+ years. Sky is the limit.
                              I think you can extend that to So posts in the last 20+ years.

Comment

He's also blocked shots of the other teams' big a couple of times. For example, his block against 7'1" Koloko during the Shockers' rally in the second half against Zona. I would dare to call it big time, and it was done with perfect timing, just like the Big Fundamental back in the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X