Kenny Pohto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shock View Post

Mo is good. I’m saying he has the physical tools to be great, but it takes a drive that few have.
    Mo can never be great...sorry. He has the physical tools to block out and get more rebounds. He has average at best explosiveness, so body position and the will to rebound is key for him. He does not pose enough skills to play offensively out beyond 6 feet. I do like a couple of his moves down low however. But lets not oversell his skills. He can be serviceable in the AAC if things go right for him. It is early yet, so I am keeping my pessimistic insights about Mo close to my vest for now.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Mo can never be great...sorry. He has the physical tools to block out and get more rebounds. He has average at best explosiveness, so body position and the will to rebound is key for him. He does not pose enough skills to play offensively out beyond 6 feet. I do like a couple of his moves down low however. But lets not oversell his skills. He can be serviceable in the AAC if things go right for him. It is early yet, so I am keeping my pessimistic insights about Mo close to my vest for now.
      I guess some of this goes to what counts as great (and what counts as serviceable). Mo averaged over 10 ppg last year while shooting .603 from the field. The next highest shooting percentage on the team last year was Poor Bear with .467. For those with at least 100 shot attempts, next closest was Ricky at .421. I certainly buy the arguments about his limitations, but his offensive efficiency was by far the highest on the team and a really valuable asset.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I hope Mo goes on to have a nice career here

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          I hope Mo goes on to have a nice career here
          Totally Agree. He has the potential to play better and smarter. Get her done MO.

Comment

Pohto brings much more to the table than Mo could ever dream of. Plus his BBIQ is much higher.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

To be clear... My reason for making this thread was to be a Kenny Pohto appreciation thread. It is not a bash on Morris Udeze thread.

Comment

I'd expect Mo's productivity and efficiency may drop this year. Our PG's aren't "get it to the low post" type of PG's. Pohto's ability to hit from deep might be a better fit with the perimeter personnel on the team this year.

Comment

I wasn't here much before Turgeon, because that's when I came to Wichita. I can't speak of eras prior to then. That being said, I firmly believe Kenny will be the best Shocker center since I've been a fan. I loved Jaime, but I think Kenny is a few years ahead of him in his development.
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

MO’s upside is Carl Hall. Kenny’s upside is NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      MO’s upside is Carl Hall. Kenny’s upside is NBA.
                      Mo's upside "could" be Carl Hall, but Mo is no Carl Hall.

Comment

Mo has a very long way to go to be Carl Hall. I don't know that he has the desire to really put forth the effort necessary to even approach that level
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Carl Hall had some explosiveness, and could block shots. Blocking wasn’t his strength, but he was a good rebounder, and led the Final 4 team in rebounding with a 6.8 reb. Average. His backup at the 5 position was EO with a 4.4 average. If we could get 11-12 rebounds from our 5 position this year, I’d be ecstatic.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Mo's upside "could" be Carl Hall, but Mo is no Carl Hall.
                            That’s why its called upside

Comment

Mo and Carl were both listed at 6'8"

Comment

Agree, not the TO machine Mo is although his hands were not good today. PG's need to get
                                passes UP where he is used to catching them. Not all his fault. Mo just needs to play smarter.
                                Maybe starting Pohto would make Mo focus but they are both going to spit time. Surely King
                                could see he would step right in here and play many minutes at PF/C. He and Pohto would be
                                nice together.

Comment

Working...
                                X