No announcement yet.

Kenny Pohto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

coming into the season, the big questions about Pohto was his toughness and ability to defend. I think he's already shown he can hang with the big boys. I'm marking him now as our next NBA player after Jaime and Tyson. Is it early? Yes. Do guys with his size and skills grow on trees? No

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      coming into the season, the big questions about Pohto was his toughness and ability to defend. I think he's already shown he can hang with the big boys. I'm marking him now as our next NBA player after Jaime and Tyson. Is it early? Yes. Do guys with his size and skills grow on trees? No
      It's rare for most schools to find a skilled big that can come in and contribute right away. I always thought Pohto had a high ceiling and could potentially be an NBA guy, but you never know until you see them in action against D1 competition. Nothing has changed in that regard. He's still got a ways to go, but he has a ton to work with.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

It's rare for most schools to find a skilled big that can come in and contribute right away. I always thought Pohto had a high ceiling and could potentially be an NBA guy, but you never know until you see them in action against D1 competition. Nothing has changed in that regard. He's still got a ways to go, but he has a ton to work with.
        In the same vein, I think Tre King would be a great complement to Kenny Pohto. They have some similar skill sets, but some not-so similar skill sets as well.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I do not disagree with you
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I don't say much here, but Kenny Pohto is the TRUTH. His stomach hurt because he got the butterflies, that is all. He balled in his first game, and it's just the beginning. Wait until he has his breakout game with a double-double, 17 points and 11 boards. He has fantastic footwork, communicates on the floor well already with his teammates, and seems to know when to go hard at the basket. In the postgame, while Tyson, Dex, and Kenny are waiting for questions, you can hear Dex mumble "Way to step up Kenny", and I feel it won't be the last time.

Pohto needs to add strength, and our conditioning team will get him there over time. He'll get stronger throughout the year, but I expect the biggest leaps to come over the upcoming offseasons. He already has it connected between the ears, and once he develops his strength too... I'll be surprised if he's here his senior year; he's got potential written all over him.

Comment

Originally posted by DocLove View Post
              I don't say much here, but Kenny Pohto is the TRUTH. His stomach hurt because he got the butterflies, that is all. He balled in his first game, and it's just the beginning. Wait until he has his breakout game with a double-double, 17 points and 11 boards. He has fantastic footwork, communicates on the floor well already with his teammates, and seems to know when to go hard at the basket. In the postgame, while Tyson, Dex, and Kenny are waiting for questions, you can hear Dex mumble "Way to step up Kenny", and I feel it won't be the last time.

Pohto needs to add strength, and our conditioning team will get him there over time. He'll get stronger throughout the year, but I expect the biggest leaps to come over the upcoming offseasons. He already has it connected between the ears, and once he develops his strength too... I'll be surprised if he's here his senior year; he's got potential written all over him.
              Sorry Doc, I might have 'played' this one before...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

If i remember right .. Kenny wasn't allowed to join the team until right at the beginning of the fall semester .. so he had no benefit of summer practices either.

Comment

But he did have the benefit of playing for the U20 team before he got here against some solid Nordic competition. It's not the same thing, but it's something.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

In the same vein, I think Tre King would be a great complement to Kenny Pohto. They have some similar skill sets, but some not-so similar skill sets as well.
                    I think Kenny and Mo would be a great complement to Tre King if we could get him. Mo might not be real happy though.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I think Kenny and Mo would be a great complement to Tre King if we could get him. Mo might not be real happy though.
                      Mo can be great. He has to want to be tho.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

I'm sure he wants to be

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Mo will be fine. He played well last year and I expect that he will this year as well. He played ok in the first game except for the turnovers.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post

Mo will be fine. He played well last year and I expect that he will this year as well. He played ok in the first game except for the turnovers.
                            Mo is good. I’m saying he has the physical tools to be great, but it takes a drive that few have.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I agree with Shock, that Mo is good, probably at best. He has limitations to being great, unless he actually becomes a threat from 3 point territory, and becomes a consistent 6-7 rebound rebounder. He’s a 6’8”, back to the basket, low post Big, who is an ok rebounder, a decent defender, and a questionable shooter from beyond 15’.

Now, Kenny Pohto can become great.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I saw that Tre King will be in the Roundhouse for tomortow’s game, on his official visit.

Comment

Working...
                                X