No announcement yet.

Kenny Pohto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Pohto and see his upside. If I could pick only one player to return next year it would be him.

However, as long as there is a coaching change, I don't care if we lose everyone. Long-term stability and growth is much more important than short-term needs.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
      125,000 per, with a 2nd year option based upon incentives. Cheap rate.

It's the "new normal" y'all...
      No. It's not the normal. These "rates" are unsustainable at all but a few programs. I don't know where the sweet spot will end up, but something in the 50-100k tops for the vast majority of high D1. There will be exceptions of course. But this nonsense will never sustain itself.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

No. It's not the normal. These "rates" are unsustainable at all but a few programs. I don't know where the sweet spot will end up, but something in the 50-100k tops for the vast majority of high D1. There will be exceptions of course. But this nonsense will never sustain itself.
        Agree, it can’t continue at the current rate. I visited with a high level K-Stater last night. He said they can’t keep up with the SEC arms race and he’s concerned only 15-20 football programs will be able to compete if the NIL continues at its current pace; they won’t be one of them. I heard similar comments from a very high level KU supporter recently. He said, “It’s not sustainable for KU and they keep asking him for more money.”

If this continues, ole Ross and I will apply for ‘reparations’. I’ll make sure Ross’s dependents get their fair share. I know he’s turning over in his grave watching current Shocker basketball and bewildered by the ‘NIL’.

RIP Ross!
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

That's what good assistants do, develop players. Good coaches develop teams.
          Good point and I totally agree
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

If it was Georgia to juco to Wichita State, then I don't think so. The free transfer only comes into play when it is from D1 to D1.
            No. Next time he transfers he has to sit out. He went to juco so he could play in his burn year.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
              No. Next time he transfers he has to sit out. He went to juco so he could play in his burn year.
              false. You can transfer down to a juco after one year in D1 so you don't sit. Then you transfer to another D1 as if you were always in juco, no sitting. In addition to that, his year at Georgia was the covid year so it doesn't really count anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

false. You can transfer down to a juco after one year in D1 so you don't sit. Then you transfer to another D1 as if you were always in juco, no sitting. In addition to that, his year at Georgia was the covid year so it doesn't really count anyway.
                When did it change? The juco route to be able to play the sit out year has historically been correct. Transfer from a D1, you cannot play at a D1 the next year. You can transfer down or sit out. 5 to play 4, grad transfers excluded from sit out.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

When did it change? The juco route to be able to play the sit out year has historically been correct. Transfer from a D1, you cannot play at a D1 the next year. You can transfer down or sit out. 5 to play 4, grad transfers excluded from sit out.
                  Not sure I follow you, but historically there was a sit out when you transfer D1 to D1. Juco to D1 requires no sit. Some guys start at D1 and then had the option of sitting at a D1 for a year or transferring down to Juco for a year without sitting, then back to D1 (this option only if they spent 1 yr at D1), We had a kid do that who ended up at Tulsa, forget his name. Current rules give players a free transfer when going D1 to D1, so Walton still has that card to play if he wants it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Not sure I follow you, but historically there was a sit out when you transfer D1 to D1. Juco to D1 requires no sit. Some guys start at D1 and then had the option of sitting at a D1 for a year or transferring down to Juco for a year without sitting, then back to D1 (this option only if they spent 1 yr at D1), We had a kid do that who ended up at Tulsa, forget his name. Current rules give players a free transfer when going D1 to D1, so Walton still has that card to play if he wants it.
                    Gotcha, in regards Walton’s situation.

I still don’t think that transferring down saves your get out of jail free card.
                    Last edited by shock; January 27, 2023, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Gotcha, in regards Walton’s situation.

I still don’t think that transferring down saves your get out of jail free card.
                      LOL, you might wanna look that up then

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

No. It is normal that players will get paid today. Watchoo talkin' bout?

What the $$ amount is anyone's guess, as you stated, because that is not public information. 50-100K tops? Was Nijel Pack one of those exceptions you spoke of? He's probably more the rule doc...

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

LOL, you might wanna look that up then
                            A student-athlete in a 4-2-4-4 scenario would not be eligible for the one time transfer if the sport was offered at the previous two 4-year institutions..

The student-athlete would have to do an academic year in residence per bylaw 14.02.11.1 on page 67 unless the student is eligible for another 4 year college transfer exception from page 97-98.

The student-athlete could go back to two year college and try to satisfy bylaw 14.5.4.2.5 page 94 Graduation after One Semester/One Quarter rule.

Comment

A student-athlete in a 4-2-4-4 scenario would not be eligible for the one time transfer if the sport was offered at the previous two 4-year institutions..

The student-athlete would have to do an academic year in residence per bylaw 14.02.11.1 on page 67 unless the student is eligible for another 4 year college transfer exception from page 97-98.

The student-athlete could go back to two year college and try to satisfy bylaw 14.5.4.2.5 page 94 Graduation after One Semester/One Quarter rule.
                              clear as mud

Comment

Exactly as I thought.
                                keep it confusing so the powers that be can decide based on the school transferring to. WSU - no way, KU - definite yes.

Comment

Working...
                                X