No announcement yet.

Why Tyson's game winning shot wasn't a bad shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am also not confident if we played it differently we wouldn't have turned it over for an easy fast brake basket and the loss.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      It wasn't quite as contested as the photo makes it look as the ball is well on its way at that point.
      I feel the need to emphasize your point because it’s a good one.

If you watch the video, you can see the guy giving Tyson space so he doesn’t get beat off the dribble. Because of that space his contest was just a bit late. By the time he got his hand up where it was in that picture the ball was out of his hands.

That’s not to say it was poor defense, it wasn’t. Especially when you consider where he was on the court. It was just better offense by a special player.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
        "A step back, tightly-contested 3 from 35 feet is a good shot when we had 10-15 seconds to initiate a play."

I love Tyson as much as the next guy, but listen to yourselves. That's a shot that Steph Curry would make only around 20% of the time, if that.
        You must not watch the Warriors very much, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I feel the need to emphasize your point because it’s a good one.

If you watch the video, you can see the guy giving Tyson space so he doesn’t get beat off the dribble. Because of that space his contest was just a bit late. By the time he got his hand up where it was in that picture the ball was out of his hands.

That’s not to say it was poor defense, it wasn’t. Especially when you consider where he was on the court. It was just better offense by a special player.
          The reason his hand is in his face is because his hand never got anywhere near Tyson's release point. A shot like that is already measured up by the time Tyson is in his shooting motion.

Comment

I feel like we're examining the Zapruder film. We won the game who gives a flip.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

You must not watch the Warriors very much, eh?
              You must not know that Steph Curry is shooting at a 38% clip this season on 3 pointers, meaning his step back 3 percentage from 35 feet would be significantly lower.

You also must not know that Tyson Etienne is not Steph Curry. Go make more terrible Bob Lutz memes.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

We don't need to worry about it happening again. They will be double teaming him out to half court. Then that's when Mo's new three point shooting comes in handy!!!

Comment

You must not know that Steph Curry is shooting at a 38% clip this season on 3 pointers, meaning his step back 3 percentage from 35 feet would be significantly lower.

You also must not know that Tyson Etienne is not Steph Curry. Go make more terrible Bob Lutz memes.
                  Ok, how about J. Harden?

And speaking of the Lootz's, was their recap of last night's game pretty informative on the drive today? I never listen.

Comment

Ok, how about J. Harden?

And speaking of the Lootz's, was their recap of last night's game pretty informative on the drive today? I never listen.
                    We're not talking about James Harden. We're talking about Steph Curry and more importantly, Tyson Etienne. Nice attempt at a deflection.

I couldn't care less about Lutz but your obsession with him has always been cute.

image_6294.jpg
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I have two thoughts.
                      1) I would rather Tyson take that 3, which I have seen him take & make before, than any Mo 3.
                      2) Remind anyone of last year's OSU loss at home?

Comment

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
                        I have two thoughts.
                        1) I would rather Tyson take that 3, which I have seen him take & make before, than any Mo 3.
                        2) Remind anyone of last year's OSU loss at home?
                        I immediately made the OSU comparison at the game after Tyson hit the shot.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Some people who are criticizing a win aren’t looking at the big picture.

-We beat a good team.
                          -we shot badly
                          -Other than our poor shooting, we played very well
                          -We beat them at every other statistic, except for shooting
                          -Dexter was good
                          -Ricky not good, and Qua worse.
                          -Kenny P. Was good
                          -Porter was good
                          ​​​​​​​-Tyson was good when it counted.

Comment

We're not talking about James Harden. We're talking about Steph Curry and more importantly, Tyson Etienne. Nice attempt at a deflection.

I couldn't care less about Lutz but your obsession with him has always been cute.

image_6294.jpg
                            Not bad Kel. You do display a little humor every now and then. Although distasteful, you still get some credit, but my memes are better. I'm still a little flattered though.

Anyway, back to the game, what did you think of IB waving off Porter because that would have drawn another defender to Tyson? The play went the way it was drawn up, after they called the time out. What would Fogler have drawn up right there when they tied it, after having called a TO first, of course?

Pass the ball.jpg

When you reply; a) Keep it clean and b) don't pilfer my meme's anymore

NAMASTE
                            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; November 10, 2021, 06:58 PM.

Comment

If it was anybody else in the history of our program, it was terrible. As for Tyson, I have more confidence in him making that shot than some of the awful end of game plays us or most other teams have tried to run over the past few years, Dex’s shot against Tulane and Samajae’s game winners notwithstanding.

Comment

This is a PSA for anyone who likes to listen to some shocker basketball talk on the radio (or podcast). Check out Pat Strathman on 92.3 from 2-4 or search “shane Dennis podcast” in your pod catcher of choice.

He his knowledgeable, respectful and provides a ton of shocker coverage from interviews with Mike Kennedy and Taylor Eldridge to audio from press conferences. It’s really worth your time if you’re a shocker fan.

The Drive is an embarrassment to Shocker basketball coverage. They don’t even try. I tuned in for 30 seconds the other day to hear them talk about how they get free tickets but “they probably won’t make it to many games this year”.

Comment

Working...
                                X