No announcement yet.

Why Tyson's game winning shot wasn't a bad shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking through Twitter, I ran across this ... Apparently he's one of the coaches that Tyson used during his draft prep

His comment to a reply was interesting

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
      Then that's when Mo's new three point shooting comes in handy!!!

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
        Then that's when Mo's new three point shooting comes in handy!!!
        Is this also, as they say in the movies, "When Hell freezes over"?

Comment

When I coached little guys and I gave them a definition of a good shot. I said if you do these 4 thinks you won't hear anything from me.
          1) You are open
          2) Shoulders square to the basket
          3) It is in your range
          4) You have a rebounder

Given Tyson's incredible quick release and the fact that he has regularly practices shots from this distance & made them in games I think he checked all 4 of my boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Wait a minute....Cold IS BOB LUTZ!!!! It's exactly the same arrogance.
            By jove, you've cracked the code...

Jelly Donut.jpg
            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; November 11, 2021, 11:39 AM.

Comment

It WAS a good shot.

Comment

I’m more concerned by what happened when WSU got up four and had a chance to pull away with 7 minutes to go but didn’t. That’s something that plagued us all last year.

It looks to me like it’s just a matter of time before we lose focus and make mistakes. Then the mistakes seem to compound. Poor on ball defense, missed box outs, turnovers, forced shots.

Effort mistakes are going to happen, shots are going to rim out and the other team is going to make some tough buckets. We need to figure out a way to focus and limit the mental mistakes like missed box outs, unforced turnovers and dumb shots more consistently for the entire game. Otherwise we’re going to end up in tight games like this and the results aren't always going to be positive.

Comment

one or two wont be able to carry the team thru the aac until houston and cincinnati leave.. in the trading world we call this lack of breadth and unless it improves, its got the setup to be a long and frustrating season.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                    I’m more concerned by what happened when WSU got up four and had a chance to pull away with 7 minutes to go but didn’t. That’s something that plagued us all last year.

It looks to me like it’s just a matter of time before we lose focus and make mistakes. Then the mistakes seem to compound. Poor on ball defense, missed box outs, turnovers, forced shots.

Effort mistakes are going to happen, shots are going to rim out and the other team is going to make some tough buckets. We need to figure out a way to focus and limit the mental mistakes like missed box outs, unforced turnovers and dumb shots more consistently for the entire game. Otherwise we’re going to end up in tight games like this and the results aren't always going to be positive.
                    You nailed it. Those dumb mental errors is costing this team. Every time the Shocks have a chance to take control of games they do something stupid just like what you said. Poor on ball defense, missed box outs, crazy turnovers and ridiculous forced shots. WTF This is clearly a lack of Mental Toughness. Basketball IQ is underrated. These guys need to put their big boy pants on and play MTXE or Play Angry. But this soft mindset needs to change. Go Shocks.

Comment

One concern I have is that I saw Ricky several times stop playing for short intervals, and watch the action on defense and rebounding. He talks the good talk (and probably means it) but isn’t able to follow through. MTXE hasn’t caught on with him yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

You nailed it. Those dumb mental errors is costing this team. Every time the Shocks have a chance to take control of games they do something stupid just like what you said. Poor on ball defense, missed box outs, crazy turnovers and ridiculous forced shots. WTF This is clearly a lack of Mental Toughness. Basketball IQ is underrated. These guys need to put their big boy pants on and play MTXE or Play Angry. But this soft mindset needs to change. Go Shocks.
                        They’ve played one game.

Comment

Originally posted by Fake Gregg Marshall View Post

They’ve played one game.

They’ve played one game.

They’ve played one game.
                          Not only are you wrong your name says you are a Fake too. Lmao. The problems set out by Pie in his post is the same pattern of play this team displayed last year. That is why they had so many close games and could not put teams away.. So yeah its 1 game this year and a bunch of games last year. A troubling pattern that continues and must change. Go Shocks.

Comment

They’ve played one game.
                            While this is true and we have enough new guys to allow a grace period to the entire team, what concerns me is that it wasn’t the new guys making the same old mistakes. In particular it was Mo (poor pick and roll defense, missed box outs), Tyson (unforced turnovers, out of position on defense) and Ricky (shot selection, low effort defense, unforced turnovers).

But your point is good, it’s just one game. There is still plenty of time to get it worked out or to prove that it was just a fluke.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

While this is true and we have enough new guys to allow a grace period to the entire team, what concerns me is that it wasn’t the new guys making the same old mistakes. In particular it was Mo (poor pick and roll defense, missed box outs), Tyson (unforced turnovers, out of position on defense) and Ricky (shot selection, low effort defense, unforced turnovers).

But your point is good, it’s just one game. There is still plenty of time to get it worked out or to prove that it was just a fluke.
                              It's like Etienne said in the article in the Eagle today, it's different with the crowd and an opponent. It's not like practice.

Just take a gander at the unusually close games and the home losses by good teams. That puts some perspective on how first games work out. It's not unusual for first games to be a mess. If they're going to be messy, chances are good that the same mistakes from previous years will be repeated because that's the pattern for the player. There will be "learning opportunities" when reviewing film.

Houston had to go to overtime to beat Hofstra. Does that mean Houston is looking a losing season straight in the face? I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

It's like Etienne said in the article in the Eagle today, it's different with the crowd and an opponent. It's not like practice.

Just take a gander at the unusually close games and the home losses by good teams. That puts some perspective on how first games work out. It's not unusual for first games to be a mess. If they're going to be messy, chances are good that the same mistakes from previous years will be repeated because that's the pattern for the player. There will be "learning opportunities" when reviewing film.

Houston had to go to overtime to beat Hofstra. Does that mean Houston is looking a losing season straight in the face? I doubt it.
                                Yes, but the Shockernet experts know more than TE about basketball. The season is doomed.

Comment

Working...
                                X